Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JCR Offroad XJ Rear Bumpers (Stage 1, 2, or 3)

8K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Moose12 
#1 ·
Product Information
Average Price $286.56
Manufacturer JCR Offroad
Recommended Yes: 7 / No: 2

These are bumpers designed for Hardcore Offroad abuse. They are built from 5"x2"x3/16" heavy duty boxed tubing. The Ends are tappered to match the jeep body. All bumpers come with a 4" skirt that closes the gab between the body and the bumper.

All JCR bumpers come with 2 d-ring tabs, they are machined to accept 3/4" Clevis/shackles. All Bumpers are Bolt on and easily Installed by anyone! Rear bumpers include frame tie-in brackets (tie to the stock hitch mounting location)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $300
Pros Very well built, frame tie-ins, good price, looks awesome.
Cons Not sure if there are any, other than you have to paint it yourself
Recommended yes

Comments: I have the stage 2 which has the 2" receiver built in.

JCR bumpers are pure beef. It is very well built and can take a beating like punching bag. I have done some rockcrawling with this bumper and smashed trees and come over drop offs and dragged it on the ground and it hasn't flinched. All I had to do was put a fresh coat of spray paint on the scratched section and it was good as new.

The frame tie-ins mount where the hitch would (or does) mount and they handle recoveries very well. The overall design of the bumper looks stock yet it is 3/16" steel and weighs about 75lbs. You will NOT be disappointed if you buy this bumper. It is AWESOME

#3 ·
Price $265
Pros Tough, Built from 3/16" Material
Cons Mounting holes did not line up. Mounted up over 1" too low below the rear hatch. Had to make major changes to the mounting system to make it like up somewhat decent. Multiple unnecessary grind marks that needed to be fixed. The 1/8" flat stock was not welded level with the top of the 2X6" tubing across the top and rattled when knocking on it. Be prepared to do some major cleaning up, some additional cutting, welding and redrilling of bolt holes with this product. Cheaper and faster to build your own.

Also, the 2 bends on each of the bumper's end caps are 1/2" off from their Lower Quarter Panel Armors that they are selling. They looked very poor together. I wound up NOT using the LQP Armors for this reason. And they would not take them back even after showing them a clear picture of the differences. They told me it was within acceptable tolerances, that they were computer designed and that they could not have made a mistake for that reason.
Recommended no

Comments: JCR's quality control is by far the worst I have seen. I ordered nearly their entire product line and I had major problems with each and every item I ordered. Most requiring major modifications to make them work and all of which were very disappointing. The worst part of it was that they would not accept responsibility for any of their mistakes giving me delayed responses of being "within acceptable tolerances."

If you are in the market for any of JCR Offroad's products, I would strongly advise against it! Please see my build thread for multiple pictures and detailed explanations regarding my dealings with them and their front and rear bumpers, sliders, quarter panel armor and 1-ton steering. There are so many other great manufacturers out there to choose from. I wouldn't recommend JCR to my worst enemy.

#4 ·
Price $259
Pros Heavy; Wicked bumper
Cons Heavy.
Recommended yes

Comments: Decent price, good shipping, good construction. Scary bumper.

#5 ·
Price $225
Pros Beef construction, unibody tie-in points, paint it whatever color you want.
Cons I really like it. No issues here
Recommended yes

Comments: Welds are great, bumper is steel, designed well and easy enough for one person to install. I painted mine flat black but you could do any color you want. I only wish I had enough to buy the swing out carrier version.

#6 ·
Price $295
Pros Beefy,looks good without drawing to much attion. relativly cheap compared to other bumpers.
Cons none really
Recommended yes

Comments: I wanted a bumper that i could yank on and eliminate the need for a hitch under the jeep that looks bad. This bumper pretty much paid for itself as soon as i got it... A 18 wheeler hit the car behinde me and shoved the car totally under my jeep hitting my rear axle and bending the u-bolts in doing so, but sustaind virtually no damage to the body of my jeep. the other cars hood was toching the windshield and the a-pillar was in bad shape so this bumper is beef ..saved my rear literaly.

#7 ·
Price $295
Pros Heavy duty, well made
Cons Only issue I had was the uni-body tie-in tabs being off placed
Recommended yes

Comments: I purchased the Stage 2 bumper that came with the tie ins. I recieved it about a week after I placed my order which was Memorial Day. It was dirty, which wasnt a problem to me. It was built solid, welds looked good, heavy and sturdy. After it was primed, bedlined, and clear coated it was ready to be installed.

The installation went smooth, all holes lined up but the uni-body tie-in kit holes. The tabs were about an inch off on both sides so instead of using both bolts for the tie-ins i used the fartherest hole to bolt into the uni-body. Besides that, I love how it looks and its a great bumper, I'd definately recommend it.

#8 ·
Price $235
Pros Heavy and solid.
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought the JCR Offroad Stage 2 Rear Bumper. It is as solid as the JCR front bumper I bought, but even heavier. This bumper looks very similar to the stock bumpers but have no plastic anywhere on them. I chose to color match rather than line-x the bumper. It suits the XJ nicely.

#9 ·
Price $250
Pros Well built, price while on sale
Cons Very poor fitment, too wide, the mounting points were welded on too high and all of the holes needed to be egged to fit. Simply Ugly
Recommended no

Comments: I ended up doing a lof of cutting, welding and adding to the bumper to get it to look good. Fitment was very poor, I understand that a perfect fit is not likley, but it was obviously done poorly, and wouldn't have fit any XJ. For the price, it was ok, wouldn't recommend.

I got it on sale, and this is their pre-crusader design.

#10 ·
Price $455
Pros Well built
looks great trailer hitch
Cons Fits snug and slightly crooked but not noticeable
Recommended yes

Comments: This is a well built bumper with solid straight lines and looks and functions great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.