Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Grant 4x4 Front Rock Bumper (Style 2, Prerunner)

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Grant 4x4 Front Rock Bumper (Style 2, Prerunner) Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Bumpers Next Product

Grant 4x4 Front Rock Bumper (Style 2, Prerunner)

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $320.00
Average Price: $300.00
Manufacturer: Grant 4x4
Recommended?
Yes: 2 / No: 0

Heavy Duty front bumper.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

FLATFENDER54

FLATFENDER54's Reviews

03-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Price: $280.00
Pros: very nice build and looks SWEET with four lights on front
Cons: paint it yourself to get a good finish (very easy)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: heavy duty and winch mount - looks sharp intergrated front hitch and shackle mounts

Difranco

Difranco's Reviews

07-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Price: $320.00
Pros: Fit, Finish, Lots of Standard Features
Cons: cant fold up Tow bar with Pre-runner bar.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Up until this point I have been running a Tomken Winch plate with my Ramsey Patriot 9500 on top of my OEM bumper with stock bumper ends (to everyone's dismay). So I decided I wanted to put on a new bumper with integrated winch plate. So I spoke with Bill over at Grant4x4 and discussed some of my concerns based on my previous review.

Features of this Bumper:
-56" length (also available in 48")
-2x4 Rectangular Tubing as base, closed/welded ends
-Integrated Winch plate that fits all standard winches
-Center 2" Reciever (Can be omitted at request)
-Welded Thru Clevis Blocks
-4 lighting tabs (2 on top of hoop, 2 at OE fog lamp locations)

One of my main concerns with Grant4x4's bumpers was the finish, well they have changed this process entirely. They are now shipping bare steel or with a their new paint process using an epoxy primer and a Satin Black Polyurethane paint both of these products are from Sherwinn Williams.

After order of the bumper it took only a couple days for the product to ship, and DHL delivered the product in about 5 days. The box was slightly torn and crinkled from what appeared to be water damage. No rust, scratches or chipped paint. Upon reciept of the bumper, I inspected the bumpers finish.... a vast improvement, full coverage on all areas even in hard to inspect areas, and no runs/drips just smooth as satin. The welds also seem to be of a good quality.

Install was pretty straight forward and took me about 40 minutes to complete. Those running OE bumpers without winches or winch plates the install should be quicker. The spacing of the fog light tabs allows a person to also run their OE tow hooks as well as the clevis tabs. Which is nice if you are using the towbar option that makes use of the clevis tabs.

I noticed that with this setup over my previous Tomken that my winch sits far enough away from my grill that I can now actually clean between the grill and my winch. Another benefit of this seperation for some is that I have read of others in the forum having problems with their winch rubbing against the grille causing damage, this shouldn't be a problem with this bumper.

An option for this bumper is a tow bar so you can tow your Jeep behind your RV or Pickup. This I can see as a real advantage for snowbirds or those who have a need for towing their Jeep from one location to another on a regular basis. However, the one draw back with this towbar and bumper combination is that the Towbar cannot be folded up as the Pre-runner bar is in the way. So I'd go with the straight up hoop style that Grant 4x4 offers.

I'd give this product out of 5 .