Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Garvin Wilderness

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Garvin Wilderness Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Garvin Wilderness

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,500.00
Average Price: $767.67
Manufacturer: Garvin
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 0

Aftermarket bumpers with provisions for two inch hitch receptacle

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

McNasty35

McNasty35's Reviews
03-08-2014, 12:06 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Well made, powder coat has help up well over the past 8 years, looks good
Cons: install was a little time consuming, find someone with small hands
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the rear swing away tire carrier with trail rack, jerry can holders, and axe and shovel mounts. The basket holds my large cooler with ease, and the bumper as a whole can handle the cooler, 2 full jerry cans, and a 35" spare with no problem. Everything still operates flawlessly after 6 years of abuse. It mounts very solid to the frame. I have tested this quit a few times and has yet to fail me. The receiver is great for towing my small pop up trailer. I love this bumper.

Ag06TJ
Ag06TJ's Reviews
03-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Bumper has been sturdy and does well with carrying my Hi-Lift, as well as my shovel and axe with Quickfist clamps.
Cons: Bumper is very heavy, and has had a noticeable effect on my rear suspension.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Garvin Wilderness bumper with tire carrier is rather well built. It's solid, and seems to be suitable for recovery. Unfortunately, it's also heavy. I couldn't guess the weight very well, but that's probably readily available on the internet. Weight aside, I'm not a fan of the finish on the bumper either. After about two years it did pretty well to wear off, crack, and rust a bit.

bdmckenna

bdmckenna's Reviews
04-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Pros: Well designed and very high quality. Got the whole package, rear bumper.
Cons: F'ed up installation instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the entire rear G2 bumper package, Gerry Can Holders, Shovel & axe holder. Very well thought out and went together easily. The instructions for installation are worthless. Very high quality product.

Vince Greva
Vince Greva's Reviews
12-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Great fit, hugs close to the body, stronger that the front end of a speeding Honda Accord. Holds up to a 37 inch tire, has racks for storage above the tire. Gas can and water holders as well as a shovel and axe holder
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you're looking for the rear bumper that does it all...look no further. I got rear ended by a speeding Honda and the bumper held up really well, just some minor scratches. The Honda was toast.

sammich
sammich's Reviews
09-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Solid Smooth operation Doesn't rattle
Cons: A little surface rust on the swing-out hinge that I'll be sanding down and painting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The screw-in mechanism for securing the tire carrier to the bumper can be tedious for some. I like that it eliminates any rattles, but it makes getting in through the tailgate tedious. I'd buy it again.

The rack that mounts over the tire carrier is great...you don't realize what you're missing until you get one. The gas can rack is handy too.

jgallo
jgallo's Reviews
01-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Pros: durable
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper/tire carrier. Lot of accessories you can add to it.

kbarwall
kbarwall's Reviews
04-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Able to configure out, tire swing, D-ring mounts, Nice finish and powder coat
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this bumper, its sturdy has a great finish and powder coat, only downside is the price.

SpeedJeep

Web Wheeler
SpeedJeep's Reviews

09-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Very solid construction. Rated for towing. Excellent powdercoat.
Cons: Supplied grade 5 hardware and the D-ring tabs are not welded through. Per the instructions they are not to be used for recovery? WTF?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very soild build quaility. Fit and finish are top notch. The plethora of accessories is nothing short of spectacular (and more costly). One of the few items I've purchased for my Jeep where everything fit without having to modify it first. Mine did include frame tie-ins but are not as sturdy as the Rockmen tie-ins.

I was very disapointed to find the D-ring tabs are not welded through and are not to be used for recovery. Garvin says the tabs are there to mount a safety chain while towing and a receiver shackle mount should be used for recovery. Which is fine but really seems odd compared to every other bumper on the market. D-ring tabs are not the usual way to mount a safety chain to a hitch. The grade 5 hardware was also a major let down. I replaced it all with grade 8.

robjohns
robjohns's Reviews
08-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: awesoem quility
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excelent build quiality. bought used and after a can of krylin you wouldnt be able to tell

Franchoo
Franchoo's Reviews

08-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Garvin Wilderness
Price: $1,500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Rear Bumper and Tire Swing. Highly Recommend. Lots of places to add tools and accessories.

knightrider34
knightrider34's Reviews

06-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Garvin Wilderness
Price: $70.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The rear tire carrier is solid. carries tire, jack, gas can. no rattles....on from shackles and the masterlock on the tire carrier.

thejafe

thejafe's Reviews

04-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Garvin Wilderness
Price: $941.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: GREAT instructions included with these bumpers -- makes install a breeze.

I have both the front 54" bumper and rear EXT bumper with tire carrier Rear bumper/tire carrier NEVER rattles and includes frame tie-ins. Love it.

SpitNine
SpitNine's Reviews

01-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Garvin Wilderness
Pros: Front bumper very easy to install
Cons: Rear bumper a lot harder to install, and requires drilling. Shackle tabs only welded to outer face of bumper.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 2003 Wrangler SE.
When I bought these, I wanted both bumpers with 2" hitch receptacles.
I ordered both from Rusty's who had the best price.
The front bumper bolted right on and did not interfere with the Warn steering box skid at all. Very easy.
The rear bumper required careful drilling of the frame crossmember. Getting four of the eight bolts started in the supplied nut plates was almost impossible. Took me hours.
The shackle tabs do not go through the bumper with welds back and front. They are just welded to the front of the bumpers
Garvin does not supply frame tie-ins with their rear bumper. I added a set from Rokmen later.
Overall quality is very good.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.