Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > OR-FAB front bumper

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

OR-FAB front bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

OR-FAB front bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $330.00
Average Price: $348.92
Manufacturer: OR-FAB
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 0

OR-FAB front stubby bumper w/ fog light holes and D-ring mounts.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

rabp762
rabp762's Reviews
11-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Bolt on easy, Light tabs are a plus, reinforces the steering box
Cons: None sofar
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had to buy a replacement for my original XJ bumper after it was in minor accident. This looked to be the easiest to install bolt on bumper for a XJ and it was. Install took a few hours mainly because I didn't know what I was doing. You can buy a light tab for it to complete the look and add some lights, also I highly recommend the hoop that goes over the top, doesn't do much but looks great. I get compliments on my Jeep all the time and this is the only visible upgrade I've done.

CherokeeTamer
CherokeeTamer's Reviews
02-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Price: $399.00
Pros: simple, clean look. plenty of room for lights and innovation. comes with steering box stabilizer
Cons: a bit overpriced
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to install product, clean lines, overall great look. i got the bull bar for it so that jacked up the price $99. it was a bit overpriced for what it is but its served me well so far

jwmac

jwmac's Reviews
02-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Price: $368.00
Pros: fit great, as close and tight as it could be, oem fog lights were easy to install, all hardware first rate
Cons: no cons!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: simple install, good construction, perfect for my application, prompt delivery, well packaged...

KillerSloth

KillerSloth's Reviews
07-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Fit well Cheap Strong
Cons: Took a while to get (2 months)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It took a while to receive my bumper (although I did order it right before Christmas, causing the delay). Once I got it, it fit great and seems very strong. Didn't budge when I used my winch on it either. Overall a great product for the price I got it for (I think they raised it recently)

Empty_Pockets
Empty_Pockets's Reviews
01-23-2011, 02:01 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: looks good, recovery points
Cons: approach angle sucks cuz it hangs kinda low in the front
Recommended? Yes

Comments: looks good and has recovery points, would recommend

dimitri94
dimitri94's Reviews
07-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: awsome, tuff as nails
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this bumper is rock solid, i could probally run into a house with this bumper

cbenez1

cbenez1's Reviews
06-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Very solid, easy install, looks mean. Don't know what kind of impact it will take and hopefully I'll never have to find out. Gotta be better than stock though.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install. Light weight yet very solid construction. Able to purchase upgrades if desired. Looks great on my XJ. The $200 price was used.

dlane2155
dlane2155's Reviews
04-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: Easy to install Light Powder coating available Front end strengthener
Cons: Winch mount location.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The looks of this bumper are what caught my eye, and I have had a lot of people tell me how nice it looks. This bumper was pretty easy to install. I did not have to remove much as my XJ already did not have a front bumper on it. I had to drill some holes out, I think this was because my frame was tweaked a little bit though. The bottom of the winch mounts to the front side of the bottom plate. I did not like that so I drilled out 4 holes on the bottom piece of that plate, if you do that make sure you have a good template for your winch. And then I had to drill holes for the fairlead. All in all though this bumper was not too bad of an install.

greencherokee
greencherokee's Reviews
10-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Price: $499.99
Pros: Easy to install Looks good Can mount winches and lights to it Is solid as a rock Doesn't drop the front of the vehicle
Cons: It isn't solid metal, it's tublar. If you're into the look of a solid bumper this is not for you.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The OR Fab Bumper looks good on an xj and is easy to install. It is winch-capable and you can buy lights and a brush guard for it.

Nelg7654
Nelg7654's Reviews
05-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: lightweight, easy to install, high clearance, close to frame.
Cons: "empty" look, not as rugged as other less expensive bumpers.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the bumper was in my price range, and i was looking for a tubular look. I found the or-fab for about $500 bones and purchased. had the bumper installed in one morning before work. proven to be a worthy bumper, but still skeptical how it will hold up when bumped up against a rock, tree....or toyota camry

Bandit1

Bandit1's Reviews
05-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Allows for winch, wraps around and finishes off nicely, Good protection on front of Jeep, intergrated steering box brace, only weighs about 70lbs
Cons: Directions not very clear, Assembly required, Stinger and light bar sold seperatly, Some modification may be required
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I recently purchased from a friend at a discount and installed this product on my Jeep. I must say, I am very pleased with the end result. Despite the fact that the directions read like stereo instructions and it was missing a minor part that the directions said should be there (no big deal, I probably would not have put it on anyway), I was able to find someone that had this bumper already and was able to help me install it. The installation took about 3-4 hours because I had already had my stock bumper removed for another aftermarket one that I sold a few days before. When I was looking at this bumper on their website and on others, I found no information that said that it was a modular bumper and that I would have to assemble it myself. This bumper does come in a large squareish box and is in several pieces, 3 main and about 4-5 others with all the hardware you need to assemble. I recommend loosely installing the support brackets to the center piece before installing it on your Jeep. Everything else should fall into place. The directions say that there may be some fender trimming to do, I did not have this problem. I am not sure to what year XJ they used for the instructions, but I did not have to do half of what was in the instructions to mine. Overall, I am very happy with this bumper. I would definitely buy it again even for retail. I am looking forward to adding the winch to this bumper and getting a custom stinger welded on in the future.

XJKyle1389
XJKyle1389's Reviews

04-19-2008, 09:44 PM
OR-FAB front bumper
Price: $330.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: solid and in love with it

JK_JOE
JK_JOE's Reviews

04-13-2008, 12:23 AM
OR-FAB front bumper
Price: $289.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good fit, OK finish, easy install, needs a larger top portion to cover top of frame area, no holes to mount front license plate. Great for the price!