Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Body Armor 59" Rear Bumper w/ Swing Away Tire Carrier

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Body Armor 59" Rear Bumper w/ Swing Away Tire Carrier Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Body Armor 59" Rear Bumper w/ Swing Away Tire Carrier

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,500.00
Average Price: $781.10
Manufacturer: Body Armor
Recommended?
Yes: 30 / No: 2

This no drill bolt on application installs easily with simple hand tools. Standard features include welded shackle mounts with included 5/8" D-rings and a 2" receiver. Bumper sections are made from 2" x 5" 3/16" thick rectangular tubing. Features a black powder coat finish for maximum protection against rust.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

YukonJack1
YukonJack1's Reviews

02-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This has been a super rear bumper. I have two new style Jerry's that required a fabbed addition to support the bottom, and the design is very clean.

scubamc
scubamc's Reviews

10-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well made bumper. bumper holes did not line up with factory holes. Took a little work, but they fit and look great.

pcjeeper
pcjeeper's Reviews

09-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Another Solid Bumper the Tire swing gate works smooth and will hold up to a 44" tire plus hi-lift and 2 jery cans

pryde551

pryde551's Reviews

07-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually have the front and rear 54" bumbers. The rear is the swing away, and the front has the double hoop. I have smacked them hard a few times, and the paint hasn't even chipped. A little heavy though. I lost almost 1/2" of clearance all the way around. Excellent protection!!

Parker1599

Parker1599's Reviews

03-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Price: $999.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 54" accually. make sure you grease the hell out of the pin!

FmrVette

FmrVette's Reviews

03-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works well. One person install. After 2 Detroit winters the swivel pin worked it's way out of the hinge; had to lubricate.

default_user
It's a Roobicon
default_user's Reviews

02-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually I have the 54" bumper/tire carrier. I wanted the capability to carry two jerry cans and hi-lift. Very solid construction and easy to install (a second set of hands is a big help). Rattle free, but I had a high pitched squeak that was driving me nuts for a few weeks. Turns out the bolts on my hard top rear window needed tightening and that took care of the squeak. Rear latch and jerry can latches require adjustment with install, but are worry-free afterward. Frame tie-ins are solid and easy to install.

tj kevin
tj kevin's Reviews

01-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Pros: look great holds s gas cans,jack,cb ant.
Cons: needs grease fitting!! very heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had this bumper on my 2006 for almost 2 yrs. it gets hard to open after a while.needs a grease fitting.

Kulae

Kulae's Reviews

12-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Price: $998.00
Pros: Looks good, hi-lift mount, gerry can mount and cb mount
Cons: Newer Jeeps require a little wedge to straighten it out and lock nuts hard to install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a little expensive but when you throw in the free rocker guards, it makes it affordable. Like my cons say, the newer Jeeps require a 1/8" wedge to make the hinge line up with the back of the tailgate. It tells you this in the instructions but you have to order the wedge. Just get a 1/8" washer that you have laying around the house and put it in. Easy to install, even by yourself. I like it!

case'sjeep
case'sjeep's Reviews

05-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Pros: carries big tire, gas cans, jack...
Cons: the installation holes didn't match up with the frame.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Over all it has been a good bumper. But it took like 4-5 hours to get it on. i had to drill out the holes so the bolts would fit. It sucked!! But when it was all finished it looked sick.
It worked fine for about 2 months, then one day after wheelen' the tire carrier part was hanging off at a 70degrees. The pin that you screw into the hinge pin to keep it together sheared off. The hinge pin was half way out of its slot. So I just welded it together so I donít have to worry about it anymore. I also painted the bumper with a roll on bed liner. it worked out great.

Ichabod1960

Have Jeep, Will Travel
Ichabod1960's Reviews

01-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Pros: Heavy duty construction, built in jerry can holders, can be locked
Cons: a little expensive, rattles from the tire carrier, needs a grease fitting for the hinge, bigger shackles
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am very happy with this bumper. I've had it installed since last July and aside from some minor issues this is a great bumper.

The installation was straight-forward. The kit comes with some reinforcing brackets that provide an additional supporting connection between the bumper and the frame.

Now for the minor issues; I'd like to see bigger shackles supplied with the bumper. Body Armor supplies 5/8" shackles but I think 3/4" shackles would be more appropriate. The tire carrier rattle was easily fixed by putting in a pinch bolt. The hinge needs some way to grease it. WD-40 works but some kind of grease fitting would be a better solution.

Page 2 of 2 1 2