Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Body Armor 59" Rear Bumper w/ Swing Away Tire Carrier

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Body Armor 59" Rear Bumper w/ Swing Away Tire Carrier Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Body Armor 59" Rear Bumper w/ Swing Away Tire Carrier

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,500.00
Average Price: $781.10
Manufacturer: Body Armor
Recommended?
Yes: 30 / No: 2

This no drill bolt on application installs easily with simple hand tools. Standard features include welded shackle mounts with included 5/8" D-rings and a 2" receiver. Bumper sections are made from 2" x 5" 3/16" thick rectangular tubing. Features a black powder coat finish for maximum protection against rust.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Ryanwarchol
Ryanwarchol's Reviews

06-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Looked nice freshly installed
Cons: Very weak and poor design of the tire carrier (improved) latch mechanism.
Recommended? No

Comments: I bought the Body Armor 5295 tire carrier and the 2395 rear bumper just under a month ago for my JK and took it out this past weekend for the first time. Nothing crazy...just took my son camping. Literally less than 2 minutes on the trail to the camp site I made a left turn and the frail pin that the latching mechanism latches to snapped off and the tire carrier flew open and ripped the bump stop half way off the bumper. I literally could have killed someone if there were people close. The whole assembly is now completely ruined...THE FIRST TIME I TOOK IT OUT...WITH MY 6 YEAR OLD!!! I had to take the tire off and throw it in the back of my Jeep and the rest of the trip the carrier was being held to the bumper with 550 cord. When I got out to see what happened I noticed where the bump stop was half way ripped off that there is significant rust underneath the powder coating. I am so pissed off words can't explain. I'm still a big fan of their other products but I have no idea what I'm going to do about this. They are some good guys over there at Body Armor...even gave me a little tour of their facility. I hope Morris 4x4 or Body Armor will make this right. If anyone else has had any similar situation please let me know what you did and the outcome. Thanks!

Utfan010
Utfan010's Reviews
02-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: great swing away tire carrier well put together
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love it. great bumper with great features.

92Mangler
92Mangler's Reviews
07-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: There is no kill like overkill. The set-up for carrying jerry cans, jack and spare tire is efficient.
Cons: The tire carrier pin can work its way out. The carrier wobbles around a lot. The carrier locking clasp is very weak, and prone to breaking.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The bumper itself is very impressive. However, the carrier is flawed. I would recommend this product only with the caviat that it will need some modifications.

Richd1963

Richd1963's Reviews

02-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Price: $720.00
Pros: Receiver built into bumper. Crinkle finish paint. Recovery points with shackles.
Cons: Hinge pin should have grease fitting. Installation hardware length made installation a bit tough.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fit was tight, finish is nice. Tire carrier adjustable to accomadate jerry cans if you carry them. No rattles or other noises. I installed it myself, alone.

Nealadouglas
Nealadouglas's Reviews
01-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: Easy install...sturdy...good fit n finish...recovery points
Cons: None thus far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easily installed, powder coat finish is durable, 2 beefy recovery points

DIS4X4
DIS4X4's Reviews
01-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Strong
Cons: No issues
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks good. No issues.

chocolab
chocolab's Reviews
04-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Built tough Tire carrier gets tire off of back door Good powder coating
Cons: Heavy as hell Hard to install bolts from frame tie in to bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good strong bumper for the money. Powder coating is nice and no problems so far. Latching mechanism is kinda of a PITA. I don't regret this purchase and weighed other options but this one proved to be a good a purchase I'm happy wih. Would def by again.

shotcake
shotcake's Reviews
03-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: nice look and easy installation
Cons: heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice look with powder coat. Easy installation. I didnt like its heaviness.

shotcake
shotcake's Reviews
03-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: nice look, has tow on it
Cons: heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was easy installation. it has the tow hitch on it which I liked.

ekpowell
ekpowell's Reviews
02-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Pros: Very good price, no taxes, no shipping. Simple design.
Cons: None that I can see so far. Not particularly fond of the tire carrier latching mechanism.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: $700, easy install, simple design, keep the spare tire secure, protects the rear of jeep. Much better deal than $1000, $1200, or $1500+ people are paying for rear bumper and tire carrier.

89YEEP
89YEEP's Reviews

01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Price: $1,800.00
Pros: Tire swing is perfect and Jack mount with spots for two jcans!
Cons: HEAVY get a lift with these big boys.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The whole setup is well thought out and easy to use. Its worth the money and weight

theposman
theposman's Reviews

09-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Heavy duty - versatile. Holds hi-lift, 2 cans, spare tire, 2 d-rings and has a mount for an antenna.
Cons: Weighs a ton. Will crush a gas can if the latch is not properly adjusted and you force it. Has a trailer hitch mount - but does not have an official(factory) tow rating.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought it used - but like new. Great bumper - I also have the triple tube front bumper and side rock bars - had to add a lift to get back to stock height after adding all that weight!!!

RockyClymer

RedRock4Wheeler
RockyClymer's Reviews
07-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Pros: Easy to install and seems like fairly good quality for a fair price
Cons: Needs careful adjustment to avoid rattling
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just added this item when going to a 35" tire. The unit seems well built, keeps the tire close to the vehicle. Two others in our riding group have the Body Armor bumpers and tire carriers and seem very happy with them. They are less money than some of the bigger and heavier rear bumpers, but it is my opinion that some of these behemoths are overbuilt and weight too much.

mtncrawler
mtncrawler's Reviews
05-31-2010, 01:24 AM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Very strong and versatile bumper
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a sweet bumper! Pretty painless to install, my girlfriend and I installed it with no issues. Good for towing a trailer, great shackle D ring hook points, and great for hauling around 2 gas cans and your hi lift jack well worth the money.

Kdozier
Kdozier's Reviews
04-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Well built product
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the tire carrier being off of the body, so far so good

dm33buckeyes
dm33buckeyes's Reviews
03-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Thick, good looking.
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good looking bumper and for the price I got couldn't pass up.

BFD1012
BFD1012's Reviews
08-21-2009, 04:15 AM
Price: $999.99
Pros: Strong.
Cons: Latch is annoying. Powder coating chipped easy and is now rusting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The latch is annoying to fasten and unfasten every time you open the back hatch.

Ben_88Jeep
Vendor
Ben_88Jeep's Reviews

03-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Price: $899.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome rear bumper. Has room for 2 jerry cans, high lift jack and can hold a 35 inch tire. Also has room for a cooler carrier.

REDRUBY03
REDRUBY03's Reviews

02-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is one great bumper but pricey. (I have the rear bumper w/o swing away tire carrier but this was the only choice)

bushwacked
bushwacked's Reviews

02-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i was told i whould pay someone to install this for me but it took me only 2 hours with a little help from a floor jack A++ preoduct

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last