Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Body Armor 59" Double Hoop w/ Side Hoops Front Bumper

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Body Armor 59" Double Hoop w/ Side Hoops Front Bumper Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Body Armor 59" Double Hoop w/ Side Hoops Front Bumper

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $454.57
Manufacturer: Body Armor
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 2

This no drill bolt on application installs easily with simple hand tools. Standard features include welded shackle mounts with included 5/8" D-rings. Other features include integrated steering box skid plates and 2" receiver mounts with bottom hoops. Main bumper sections are made from 2" x 5 3/16" thick rectangular tubing. Bumper main hoops are made with 2" x 1/8" thick round tubing.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Utfan010
Utfan010's Reviews
02-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: useful
Cons: non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: awesome bumper great winch plate on it receiver hitch etc.

llempart
llempart's Reviews
04-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Solid constructions Looks great
Cons: I have yet to mount a winch :)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper installs relatively easily though some filing of the mounting holes was required to mount it on my 2010 Rubi. It is very sturdy with very solid attachment points for d-rings. The front hitch receiver is excellent for recovery gear, my hang glider rack, or anything else you might want to put there. The set of light mounting brackets on the top loop works great as a hi-lift jack mount (byob - bring your own bolts). It also looks great. I've gotten plenty of compliments on it. Skid plate (sold separately) protects the electronic sway-bar disconnect and adds to the look.

3.7/4 stars

mhartzell
mhartzell's Reviews

04-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Price: $365.00
Pros: Looks Good
Cons: Powder coat is falling off after 11 months
Recommended? No

Comments: I had been eyeing this bumper for a couple years for my TJ. I really like the looks. I have had it on for a little over 10 months when I noted some discoloration, kind of like an oil slick on water, on the hoops and bumper. I contacted the retailer I bought it from on-line and they put me in contact with Body Armor. I sent eh pictures and they informed me that they only guarantee thier powder coat for 90 days and that this was a rust problem not a workmanship problem. How cheap is that! Take a look at the picture and make up your own opinion. Bottom line is that they don't stand behind thier product.

chocolab
chocolab's Reviews
04-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Price: $370.00
Pros: Light mount tabs Good powder coat Easy install Really good fit
Cons: Heavy So so welds Have to buy a winch plate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually bought the quad hoop 59" bumper. Nice powder coating. 4 light tabs that look good. At this time I haven't installed lights yet but will soon. Welds aren't the greatest but I don't foresee any problems. Very heavy duty that would take a cow out and I doubt the jeep would ever feel it. Needs a winch plate but I already had one. If you need front plates it doesnt have anything from the factory for them.

shotcake
shotcake's Reviews
03-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: nice look, powder coat is nice
Cons: heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like this bumper as it was easy installation. It has the 4 pre built areas for lighting.

Winch Install note: I bought the winch and thought that a universal regular winch plate would do. WRONG! I had to return the universal winch plate and had to buy the Body Armor Elevated Winch Plate to put my XRC 8

Weight Alert: The Body armor bumper and elevated winch plate combined with the XRC 8 winch dropped my front end on OEM springs and shocks about 1.5 - 2 inches. If you dont like that un-leveled look be prepared to install a leveling kit which I did.

TheSlowDown
TheSlowDown's Reviews
12-28-2010, 04:48 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Thick Metal, decent quality welds, excellent grade 8 bolts included.
Cons: Poor powder coat consistency (rough texture - hard to clean).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper, easy to install with good coverage (quad hoop).

Got into an accident (some guy thought it was a good idea to run the stop sign and try to cross me around a corner in the rain - helloooo, no ABS jacka$$). The other guy needs a new driver's side door - I got a scratch on the corner of the bumper.

The fog light tabs are awesome and the the bumper bolts up with no effort so it's straight and true to the frame.

jhf56
jhf56's Reviews
10-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: solid great looking bumper
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great solid bumper

jhf56
jhf56's Reviews
10-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: great looking
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great bumper, its solid and i love the powder coat

BFD1012
BFD1012's Reviews
08-21-2009, 04:16 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Strong and looks good.
Cons: The powder coating is chipping off bad and then rusting.
Recommended? No

Comments: The powder coating is just terrible.

purodude
purodude's Reviews

03-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Price: $679.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome look very strong steering box skidplate two d-rings make it a fine choice.

scubamc
scubamc's Reviews

10-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks and fits great. Only had to do a little grinding on the frame to get all the bolts in. Came with free winch plate.

pcjeeper
pcjeeper's Reviews

09-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: SOLID bumper with winch plate also, d-ring shackels, strong also front end receiver is the best part so easy to move trailers

Dirtling
Dirtling's Reviews

05-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It has a front receiver hitch, shackles and a steering box protective plate. I love it!

default_user
It's a Roobicon
default_user's Reviews

02-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually I have the 54" double hoop bumper that I picked up from a forum member for a great price. Very happy with my Body Armor rear bumper, so I decided to go with a front bumper as well. Install was very easy and a second set of hands is helpful.

Ichabod1960

Have Jeep, Will Travel
Ichabod1960's Reviews

01-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Price: $700.00
Pros: Looks Good, Heavy Duty Construction
Cons: Not an inexpensive purchase and it costs a small fortune to ship
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The cost is a little much but this is a great front bumper. It has four light tabs and a 2" receiver. I've had this bumper on my LJ for the last 6 months and I'm very happy with it. I would buy it again. My only suggestion to the manufacturer would be to upgrade the included shackles from 5/8" to 3/4" size.

1/7/07
I just installed a winch on this bumper. The only way to put the winch in was to pivot out the bumper and slide in the winch. The top tube is tilted toward the radiator and prevents the winch from being lifted in or out. It's accidental security for the winch.