Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Bestop HighRock 4x4 Rear Bumper 1986-2006

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: |

Product Information

MSRP: $385.00
Average Price: $324.60
Manufacturer: Bestop
Yes: 27 / No: 3

Developed specifically for the hard core rock crawler, the HighRock 4X4™ Rear Jeep Bumper features high-access design for greater off road clearance. Optional HighRock 4X4™ SlideAway™ offers dual purpose storage and step unit. Rear Jeep bumper includes a Class 2.5 receiver hitch and easily accomodates the optional HighRock 4X4™ SlideAway™. Jeep Bumpers are no-drill applications.

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

VTJay's Reviews
09-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Easy install, tire carrier opens with gate, stout and tire carrier works great.
Cons: HEAVY! The recovery points hang below the bumper and could be a problem for approach angles.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was looking for a tire carrier that opened with the gate. This fit the bill and was about 500 cheaper than the other similar carrier/bumper combos. No regrets, it looks good and works great.

anelson52's Reviews
04-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Looks great, easy to install, receiver hitch built in
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper has a great look, was easy to install and it was very reasonably priced. It's up tight against the tub making for easy manuverability when climbing.

UptownTJ's Reviews
04-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Price: $736.00
Pros: Strong Real trailer hitch
Cons: Heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered from Amazon and rusted in the first week. Bestop mailed a replacement with zero compensation for time. The new bumper was rusty straight from the box. Bestop mailed another bumper and so far so good. in short 3 bumpers to get it right, zero compensation for time.

Zenex's Reviews
12-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Thick and strong, good powder coat paint
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the integrated hitch bumper, no problem pulling 2500 lbs trailer. Well built and good powder coat paint.

GingerWrangler's Reviews

03-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Great looks, and protection
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this bumper used. Great looks, great powder coat, great strength. I haven't tested out its strength towing, but just looking at how it is built, im sure it could handle quite a bit. I'm planning on modding it for a swing out tire carrier. We'll so how it handles that.

Idwheelthat's Reviews
06-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: Rated class 2.5 for towing
Cons: just a bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was super simple, no issues with fitment. Looking back I should have either got a bumper/tire carrier combo that was rated for towing (smittybilt) or got a more flexible tire carrier that also carries jerry cans. Live and learn.

cdnabn49's Reviews

01-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Price: $373.00
Pros: easy install - bolted right up. It took longer to remove the old bumper then it did to install the new one. Tow rated (legal) D-ring recovery points
Recommended? Yes

Comments: *Price is in Canukistani dollars*

I am extremely pleased with the bumper - the install was
20 minutes and it would have been half that with a helper,
I removed the bumper and tow-bar the day before as they
were damaged. The box was a little beat up from shipping
but it was well protected. The hardware was loose in the
box but all there - instructions were simple and self explanatory.
Nice welds, nice finish, very clean over all and very beefy -
this thing is solid. Over all I have to say I am extremely
pleased with the purchase - it's stout and tow rated the two
things I was looking for.

Flyboy161's Reviews

11-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Price: $265.00
Pros: Heavy duty with place for shackles
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome look and great rear protection

noDEREKtion's Reviews

11-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Price: $340.00
Pros: Seriously easy to install! Heavy-duty and serviceable.
Cons: None, that I can find.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was so easy to install. I will not lie I bought this for the hitch and the looks and now I love it.

mhcurlee's Reviews

02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Price: $340.00
Pros: good looks, quick install, much better than factory
Cons: poorly packaged... had some scratches on one side right out of the box. Bolts were kinda thrown in the box loose
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It was kinda tricky getting the bolts to line up. Looks pretty solid and ties into the factory bumper holes (so not drilling). I didn't have any hitch issues as some have stated. I slid a Reese hitch right in and the pin lined up and locked in perfect.

badjeeper's Reviews
08-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Price: $263.00
Pros: Well Built, Good Looking, 2" Receiver
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper was a much better alternative than keeping the stock bumper and adding a separate receiver hitch. Not that I was overly concerned about rear ground clearance, but it was a good excuse for replacing the factory bumper that I really didn't care for. I had no issues with bolt holes lining up or accepting receiver hitches as other reviewers mentioned. I was very impressed with how thick the finish is on the bumper, it seems like it should keep looking great for many years to come.

Flyboy161's Reviews

03-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Price: $283.00
Pros: Looks sharp! Weighs 3 times more than stock. Has a class 2.5 hitch rated for towing.
Cons: None I can see
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought mine from JC Whitney with a 20% off email offer. With shipping I still saved over EVERY BODY ELSE who sell it. I read about bolts not lining up and let me tell you I was nervous about attempting the install. So it comes in 2 days after I ordered it and I took off the old bumper. Now using a floor jack to lift the 45 pound thing, I put in the two lower bolts loosely. Then the lower crossmember bolts. Still no problem. Upper crossmember bolts would not start. But guess what? Looking at it I see the lower frame tab on the bumper is bent slightly up, which holds the bumper a little low. Low enough to keep the bolts from starting. So I tightened the frame bolts and this brought the bumper right into perfect position. The upper bolts started so....NO PROBLEM!

canyon47's Reviews
10-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Price: $325.00
Pros: Very stout bumper, integrated hitch
Cons: Towing capacity and tounge weight but that is really more of a wrangler limit then the bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed it by myself and it wasn't too bad just required a little manuvering.

CrawlorClimb's Reviews
10-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Price: $299.99
Pros: Rated 2" Receiver, Super Beefy D-Ring mounts
Cons: No Spare carrier
Recommended? Yes

Comments: if you get the optional slide-away carrier and have a slash cut aftermarket exhaust you will burn whatever you are carrying along with the tie-downs you're using. If you just get the bumper it's great

tomasmagus's Reviews

08-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Strong, well built, nice paintjob
Cons: Puts the hitch high and if you have a bigger tire you might have to have a hitch extender to add some hitch accesories
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall a good product, might need a little twirking, but it's the nicest bumper without a tire carrier a TJ owner can get.

snakesolds's Reviews
07-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Good fit appealing style tow rated 2 in receiver.
Cons: had to file inside receiver for one of my hicthes(only a slight ammount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: grate product for the price. works well with bestop tire carrier.

Justin79's Reviews

09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Simple and clean rear bumper with D-Ring tabs and built in 2" receiver. Greatly improved appearance and receiver has come in handy.

RubiRebel's Reviews

09-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper. I like the receiver hitch and d-ring mounts. It pulls my camping equipment without complaint.

JEB74's Reviews

08-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Price: $309.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice bumper with receiver hitch built in. Easy bolt-on install. Only complaint is bolts included appear to be Grade 5 and I would prefer Grade 8. Otherwise very happy.

tx_medic's Reviews

07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks great! Going to add some tie-ins before I trust it to tow anything. All advertised capacities say 400/4000. Actual bumper says 350/3500.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »