Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Bestop HighRock 4x4 Rear Bumper 1986-2006

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Bestop HighRock 4x4 Rear Bumper 1986-2006 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Bestop HighRock 4x4 Rear Bumper 1986-2006

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $385.00
Average Price: $324.60
Manufacturer: Bestop
Recommended?
Yes: 27 / No: 3

Developed specifically for the hard core rock crawler, the HighRock 4X4™ Rear Jeep Bumper features high-access design for greater off road clearance. Optional HighRock 4X4™ SlideAway™ offers dual purpose storage and step unit. Rear Jeep bumper includes a Class 2.5 receiver hitch and easily accomodates the optional HighRock 4X4™ SlideAway™. Jeep Bumpers are no-drill applications.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

VTJay
VTJay's Reviews
09-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Easy install, tire carrier opens with gate, stout and tire carrier works great.
Cons: HEAVY! The recovery points hang below the bumper and could be a problem for approach angles.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was looking for a tire carrier that opened with the gate. This fit the bill and was about 500 cheaper than the other similar carrier/bumper combos. No regrets, it looks good and works great.

anelson52
anelson52's Reviews
04-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Looks great, easy to install, receiver hitch built in
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper has a great look, was easy to install and it was very reasonably priced. It's up tight against the tub making for easy manuverability when climbing.

UptownTJ
UptownTJ's Reviews
04-06-2014, 09:20 AM
Price: $736.00
Pros: Strong Real trailer hitch
Cons: Heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered from Amazon and rusted in the first week. Bestop mailed a replacement with zero compensation for time. The new bumper was rusty straight from the box. Bestop mailed another bumper and so far so good. in short 3 bumpers to get it right, zero compensation for time.

Zenex
Zenex's Reviews
12-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Thick and strong, good powder coat paint
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the integrated hitch bumper, no problem pulling 2500 lbs trailer. Well built and good powder coat paint.

GingerWrangler
GingerWrangler's Reviews

03-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Great looks, and protection
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this bumper used. Great looks, great powder coat, great strength. I haven't tested out its strength towing, but just looking at how it is built, im sure it could handle quite a bit. I'm planning on modding it for a swing out tire carrier. We'll so how it handles that.

Idwheelthat

Idwheelthat's Reviews
06-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: Rated class 2.5 for towing
Cons: just a bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install was super simple, no issues with fitment. Looking back I should have either got a bumper/tire carrier combo that was rated for towing (smittybilt) or got a more flexible tire carrier that also carries jerry cans. Live and learn.

cdnabn49
cdnabn49's Reviews

01-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Price: $373.00
Pros: easy install - bolted right up. It took longer to remove the old bumper then it did to install the new one. Tow rated (legal) D-ring recovery points
Recommended? Yes

Comments: *Price is in Canukistani dollars*

I am extremely pleased with the bumper - the install was
20 minutes and it would have been half that with a helper,
I removed the bumper and tow-bar the day before as they
were damaged. The box was a little beat up from shipping
but it was well protected. The hardware was loose in the
box but all there - instructions were simple and self explanatory.
Nice welds, nice finish, very clean over all and very beefy -
this thing is solid. Over all I have to say I am extremely
pleased with the purchase - it's stout and tow rated the two
things I was looking for.

Flyboy161

Flyboy161's Reviews

11-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Price: $265.00
Pros: Heavy duty with place for shackles
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome look and great rear protection

noDEREKtion
noDEREKtion's Reviews

11-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Price: $340.00
Pros: Seriously easy to install! Heavy-duty and serviceable.
Cons: None, that I can find.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was so easy to install. I will not lie I bought this for the hitch and the looks and now I love it.

mhcurlee

mhcurlee's Reviews

02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Price: $340.00
Pros: good looks, quick install, much better than factory
Cons: poorly packaged... had some scratches on one side right out of the box. Bolts were kinda thrown in the box loose
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It was kinda tricky getting the bolts to line up. Looks pretty solid and ties into the factory bumper holes (so not drilling). I didn't have any hitch issues as some have stated. I slid a Reese hitch right in and the pin lined up and locked in perfect.

badjeeper
badjeeper's Reviews
08-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Price: $263.00
Pros: Well Built, Good Looking, 2" Receiver
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper was a much better alternative than keeping the stock bumper and adding a separate receiver hitch. Not that I was overly concerned about rear ground clearance, but it was a good excuse for replacing the factory bumper that I really didn't care for. I had no issues with bolt holes lining up or accepting receiver hitches as other reviewers mentioned. I was very impressed with how thick the finish is on the bumper, it seems like it should keep looking great for many years to come.

Flyboy161

Flyboy161's Reviews

03-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Price: $283.00
Pros: Looks sharp! Weighs 3 times more than stock. Has a class 2.5 hitch rated for towing.
Cons: None I can see
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought mine from JC Whitney with a 20% off email offer. With shipping I still saved over EVERY BODY ELSE who sell it. I read about bolts not lining up and let me tell you I was nervous about attempting the install. So it comes in 2 days after I ordered it and I took off the old bumper. Now using a floor jack to lift the 45 pound thing, I put in the two lower bolts loosely. Then the lower crossmember bolts. Still no problem. Upper crossmember bolts would not start. But guess what? Looking at it I see the lower frame tab on the bumper is bent slightly up, which holds the bumper a little low. Low enough to keep the bolts from starting. So I tightened the frame bolts and this brought the bumper right into perfect position. The upper bolts started so....NO PROBLEM!

canyon47
canyon47's Reviews
10-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Price: $325.00
Pros: Very stout bumper, integrated hitch
Cons: Towing capacity and tounge weight but that is really more of a wrangler limit then the bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed it by myself and it wasn't too bad just required a little manuvering.

CrawlorClimb
CrawlorClimb's Reviews
10-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Price: $299.99
Pros: Rated 2" Receiver, Super Beefy D-Ring mounts
Cons: No Spare carrier
Recommended? Yes

Comments: if you get the optional slide-away carrier and have a slash cut aftermarket exhaust you will burn whatever you are carrying along with the tie-downs you're using. If you just get the bumper it's great

tomasmagus
tomasmagus's Reviews

08-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Strong, well built, nice paintjob
Cons: Puts the hitch high and if you have a bigger tire you might have to have a hitch extender to add some hitch accesories
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall a good product, might need a little twirking, but it's the nicest bumper without a tire carrier a TJ owner can get.

snakesolds
snakesolds's Reviews
07-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Good fit appealing style tow rated 2 in receiver.
Cons: had to file inside receiver for one of my hicthes(only a slight ammount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: grate product for the price. works well with bestop tire carrier.

Justin79
Justin79's Reviews

09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Simple and clean rear bumper with D-Ring tabs and built in 2" receiver. Greatly improved appearance and receiver has come in handy.

RubiRebel
RubiRebel's Reviews

09-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper. I like the receiver hitch and d-ring mounts. It pulls my camping equipment without complaint.

JEB74
JEB74's Reviews

08-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Price: $309.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice bumper with receiver hitch built in. Easy bolt-on install. Only complaint is bolts included appear to be Grade 5 and I would prefer Grade 8. Otherwise very happy.

tx_medic

tx_medic's Reviews

07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks great! Going to add some tie-ins before I trust it to tow anything. All advertised capacities say 400/4000. Actual bumper says 350/3500.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »