Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > Bestop HighRock 4X4™ Front Jeep Bumper for Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited, 97-0

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Bestop HighRock 4X4™ Front Jeep Bumper for Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited, 97-0 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

Bestop HighRock 4X4™ Front Jeep Bumper for Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited, 97-0

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $699.00
Average Price: $461.71
Manufacturer: Bestop
Recommended?
Yes: 32 / No: 1

Developed specifically for the hard core rock crawler, the HighRock 4X4™ Front and Rear Jeep Bumper feature high-access design for greater off road clearance.

Optional tubular Grill Guard for front bumper protects grill and headlights and is available in textured black or stainless steel.
Sturdy winch plate on front bumper accommodates most standard-sized winches.
Front and rear bumpers Offer attachment points for D-Ring and other recovery equipment.
No-drill installation.
Optional Approach Roller mounts to front bumper while optional Departure Roller mounts to rear bumper to get over the toughest obstacles.
Rear bumper includes a Class 2.5 receiver hitch that accepts many popular 2" hitch accessories. (Warning: Do not exceed vehicle manufacturer's recommended towing capacity.)
Optional HighRock 4X4™ SlideAway™ (97-06 vehicles) offers dual purpose storage and step unit.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

Zenex
Zenex's Reviews
12-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Nice strong Bumper
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice built Bumper, looks strong but never hit anything yet.

joshydt58
joshydt58's Reviews
07-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Pros: solid could use as a battering ram. winch mount
Cons: really really heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: really solid and heavy duty. I painted mine color match flame red and the bulbar is black and it looks really neat

WSeaRob
WSeaRob's Reviews
01-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Price: $446.69
Pros: Nice looking. easy to install, improved clearance, affordable - added the grill guard also...looks great!
Cons: havent taken off road yet..not sure how the armor will hold up.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed my new front bumper and grill guard. Easy to install over factory bumper and looks much better..with a huge improvement to front tire clearance. This bumper was very affordable..add another $120 for the grill guard and it makes a nice step up in look and function from factory.

binnsmark

binnsmark's Reviews
01-25-2013, 11:40 PM
Pros: Strong, good looking. Built in winch mount and comes with fairlead mount. Optional to upgrade to tubular light bar. Many recovery points. Optional to upgrade to rock roller bar on bottom.
Cons: In order to put winch on, bumper has to come off, winch and fairlead mount bolted to bumper and then back on.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like how the bumper can be purchased for relatively cheap and then upgraded. Mine has the tubular light bar upgrade and the rock roller on the bottom.

bumper P/N BST42901-01

grymsr

Vintage Member
grymsr's Reviews

06-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Pros: Bolted on very easily. Fit and finish is good. Came packed very well.
Cons: Grill guard bolts could be beefier.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper was easier to mount than my Bodyarmor rear bumper. Finish is superior as well. I like the solid feel and the clean lines. I used the install as an opportunity to get rid of all the torx bolts on the front and replace them with grade 8's. I drilled the grill guard to internally route the fog light wires which was surprisingly easy. One minor gripe is that the bolts that hold the grill guard on the bumper seem rather flimsy. Time will tell if it becomes an issue. Like kind like the optional tool box but have to think it over a while.

JohnnieBulge
JohnnieBulge's Reviews
01-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: great looking bumper + easy to install
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got this bad boy w/ stainless grill guard for Christmas and put it on the next day within an hour. Really easy to install. Looks great

noDEREKtion
noDEREKtion's Reviews

11-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Price: $639.97
Pros: Fairly easy to install, the fact that who ever previously owned my jeep put different bolts on the stock bumper (prob replaced it) was my only problem. I am pretty picky about bumpers, I'm not to crazy about the huge, extravagant looking bumpers and I wanted something more simple but with great function and style. That's exactly what I got from this.
Cons: Only gripe would be better connection for the grill hard. But nothin some welding can't fix.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper has great function in protection and accommodation. It also has aggressive yet classy style. I looked around for a while for the right bumper and here it is. I bought it for my 2004 TJ. It's easy to install, just might need an extra person for the lifting, but its possible for one person to do. I'm thinking about cutting holes into the front to put fog lights in the bumper. I love how the ends come up to match the fenders. It some what gives it a look like the bumpers for the JK.

glenn99
glenn99's Reviews
08-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: easy to install
Cons: heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: looks good, doesn't fit 100% symetrical

HawksJeep46
HawksJeep46's Reviews

03-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Price: $699.00
Pros: Looks greats, Strong,functional.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had mine for a couple years now and have put it through a lot.
Its held up great. I have a 12500 Mile winch bolted on it and it holds it extremely well. The finish still looks good. I've yet to find any problems with it.

CB3
Web Wheeler
CB3's Reviews

10-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Full width protection and high clearance, built with 3/16 steel, which I consider just right - strong enough without being to heavy, and uses 8 mounting points, if I understand instructions correctly. I've been shopping for a full width bumper that is also high clearance. There are only a few to choose from. This is the best looking of them, is among the lightest, and IMO is stronger than the other lightweight ones. Looks perfect to me, and unlike aluminum, I can modify this bumper if I want.
Cons: None that I know of yet, though I haven't purchased it yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't purchased a front bumper yet, but this one appears to be approximately what I'm looking for. Closest I've found and best looking of the full width high clearance types.

Though I'd probably have the stinger welded in place to make it stronger attached, and also I might have extensions welded onto the ends of bumper to extend it so it's the full width of my flares.

tha_Toad

tha_Toad's Reviews
08-04-2010, 05:04 AM
Price: $236.00
Pros: Looks great and give alot more clearance even with a stock lift and also has a great place for your fog lamps that wont get in the way of the head lights.
Cons:  The grill guard bar is held on with really weak bolds but nothin a little spot weldin cant fix
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a really easy bolt on the only hard part is gettin the old bumper off, but i had to do it with a ratchet and elbow grease, if you have power tools i strongly suggest to use them it makes it a lot easier.

kylerossi
kylerossi's Reviews
07-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Pros: Great clearance, strong and sturdy, accepts most winches, provide excellent protection!
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought my TJ Rubicon with these bumbers. I have owned it for a year now and can not find anything bad about them. I live in the Colorado Rockies and I have deffinitly tested the durability of these bumpers. Other than a few scratches, nothing has scaved them. I also have the High Rock rocker gaurds. They to have proved their value on the trail. They support the weight of the vehicle with no problem and provide great protection against rocks.

cavjeeper
cavjeeper's Reviews
04-09-2010, 02:48 AM
Price: $570.00
Pros: Solid built. Great looking.
Cons: Not fit 100%
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this bumper after I hit someone's car with my old factory bumper. Really heavy bumper and solid. Only thing is only the top 4 bolts can bolt in the other two in the bottom won't line up... I haven't fixed it yet.

Flyboy161

Flyboy161's Reviews
03-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Price: $283.00
Pros: HEAVY DUTY. INTEGRATED RECEIVER AND CLEVIS MOUNTS
Cons: NONE I CAN SEE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AWESOME BUMPER! TAKE YOUR TIME. TIGHTEN THE BOTTOM FRAME BOLTS ALL THE WAY BEFORE YOU TIGHTEN THE CROSSMEMBER BOLTS. (THEY LINE UP BETTER)

tanrubi
tanrubi's Reviews
10-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: looks great, has handled a couple of slow slides into trees well
Cons: difficult to put license plate on front w/ roller attachment
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they were on it when i bought it. has worked great so far. still waiting to put a winch on it.

BlackOpps
BlackOpps's Reviews
10-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Price: $329.99
Pros: Easy install and very durable, comes with tow hitch and two D-ring brackets.
Cons: Doesn't offer too many options for furture tire carrier additions.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good heavy duty bumper, easy install that took only 2 hours. Installed with a broken ankle and in a cast all by myself. And dang looks good.

CrawlorClimb
CrawlorClimb's Reviews
10-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Price: $467.00
Pros: Great looking bumper beefy as hell looks really good with the stainless tube guard, standard winch mounting pattern
Cons: not much room for winch solenoid box mounting if you have the tube guard.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bumper very strong, the mounting holes for the bottom of the frame didn't line up had to get a burr grinder bit to fix it. The Tube guard didn't want to bolt up either it took two guys to push on it to get it to line up. Happened to catch a deal from 4wd.com for a free tube guard (122.00 value)

MudNBeer
MudNBeer's Reviews
07-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Price: $520.00
Pros: Excellent quality, tough powdercoat, super easy install
Cons: No holes for factory fog lights but easy to drill holes in bumper
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very high quality product. Came with all hardware needed. The powdercoat was excellent quality and looks like it will hold up to abuse. Total install time was about 45 mins with hand tools. There were no holes for factory lights but it took only 10 mins to drills holes and mount the factory lights. Purchased optional Grille Guard and it installed super easy and matched the black textured powdercoating. Would highly recommend and would buy again. The purchase price included shipping.

xantasm
xantasm's Reviews
06-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Price: $660.00
Pros: Its a very rugged bumper and mounts very well to the frame. It provides a very good surface for winch mount, and the approach roller is fairly stout.
Cons: The winch must be mounted to the bumper before the bumper is mounted on the vehicle making this a very heavy bumper to install. The tubular grille gaurd sits a bit low making any mounting of fog lights without accesory brackets very difficult.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper is made from heavy steel plating and the welds are very solid. The paint is scratch resistant if there is such a thing. The mounting brackets for the approach roller include slots for clevis pins at the top which is a plus and the brackets are thick and run from the bottom of the bumper to the top for added strength. The approach roller is a heavy grade steel cylinder with a milled center roller shaft. The bolt kit provided with the approach roller is inadequate in that it did not come with spacers to act as retainers for the center roller shaft. The winch plate and fairlead bracket is good quality but again could have added ligh brackets to make it a better setup. This bumper although fairly heavy was easy to install.

Ben_88Jeep
Vendor
Ben_88Jeep's Reviews

03-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Bestop HighRock 4X4™ Front Jeep Bumper for Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited, 97-0
Price: $699.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great looking front bumper. The hoop is bolted on to the main bumper... might not be a bad idea to weld it in place for strength.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »