Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Bumpers > ARB Bullbar

Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

ARB Bullbar Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Bumpers Next Product

ARB Bullbar

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,200.00
Average Price: $653.91
Manufacturer: ARB
Recommended?
Yes: 78 / No: 1

The ARB bullbar is an excellent product. It is well constructed and affords a very high degree of protection. (See pictures in my gallery of an ARB on my XJ that got totaled) The product is very easy to install, can be done by one person but two would be better, and comes with all hardware required. Install time is about 2-3 hours.

I originally purchased the one on my XJ to protect me from Deer, but after seeing how good it stood up in the accident, I ordered the one for my WJ even before I picked up the Jeep.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

sammich
sammich's Reviews
09-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Solid
Cons: Heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A little surface rust where water drips onto the bumper from the front fenders, not a big deal.

Jcham85
Jcham85's Reviews
08-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Price: $989.00
Pros: awesome look, multiple locations for lights, and mass antennas
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love this bumper can't see my Jeep with any other! Makes the Jeep look aggressive and various configuration options for lights, etc.

QuahDraTech

QuahDraTech's Reviews
06-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Not only looks tough, but it IS tough. A good head turner.
Cons: Very heavy. You will feel the weight difference up front after installing. Also, for my specific installation, it dropped my front end down almost an inch, so I ended up installing some trim spacers up front to bring the front end back up a little bit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The ARB Bullbar winch bumper was high on my wishlist. After reading many other reviews and seeing other ZJ's with this bumper installed, I decided to pull the trigger and order one. I had it installed by Olympic 4x4 up in Snohomish, WA. I had trouble locating this bumper for my 1996 ZJ, but ARB is in Renton, WA, so they made a few more and delivered one to the shop after a few weeks of waiting. Installation from what I understand will take a while. It is very heavy. But heavy means solid and strong in this case. You will be limited to the style of winch you can install. I went with a Warn M8000, which fits perfectly. Some of the newer warns will not fit, since the winch is tucked inside nicely. Once it was installed, you could feel the weight in the front of the vehicle. Braking was affected a little bit, and I lost a little bit of spacing in the front suspension. I installed some trim spacers up front to re-gain the minimal clearance loss. This bumper is awesome, I love it, and it turns a lot of heads. Received a lot of compliments on it. On the trails, it is super tough. I have smashed into a lot of brush and snow packs, etc while crusing around offroad. It protects, it is strong, and it looks really cool in my opinion.

OnyxGrizzly
OnyxGrizzly's Reviews
04-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Price: $1,500.00
Pros: Very strong, holds winch in sublime location, good brackets for lights and CB antenna's, looks very sharp!
Cons: Rusts Easy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you have some extra cash I recommend this, very good, Other then that not worth it.

dwish

dwish's Reviews
03-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Full length coverage (from side to side), integrated winch mounting, fog light mounts, very strong and very heavy (compared to the stock "bumper"). Looks awesome.
Cons: Not as agile as a stubby bumper. Front end probably sags a little bit (maybe 1/2 an inch).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It has most of the features one could want in a front bumper: strength, protection, integrated winch mounting area, winch protection, fog light mounts. The installation was very easy...just 3 huge bolts on each side of the frame (6 bolts in all). There are also turn signals built on the front of the bumper, but I didn't bother hooking them up (I've heard they tend to give out after a year or two. I bought it used so I just didn't bother hooking them up. They are basically just reflectors now). The bumper is so strong and beefy, it feels like a battering ram that's attached to the front of my Jeep. I love it.

RedRock527
RedRock527's Reviews
02-27-2011, 02:41 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Looks awesome, more clearance, light mounts, winch mount, just plain cool! Instructions were actually decent.
Cons: I bought mine used, so I had to figure out what bolts and such I needed. Also had to pound some dents out of it lol.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome bumper! It looks good and works very well. I currently have it installed on my Grand Cherokee, with a XRC10 in it.

phillies4752

Web Wheeler
phillies4752's Reviews
01-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Very well build with clean strong welds.
Cons: Very heavy and bulky
Recommended? Yes

Comments: One of my favorite mods on my Jeep! Its extremely strong and well built. I have heard of this bumper save peoples lives before!! Only problem with it is that it really weighs down your front end. And if you put in a winch even more so. Just make sure you have good coil springs up front.

IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
IH8PEPL's Reviews

11-14-2010, 02:03 AM
Price: $750.00
Pros: ARB, Full front end protection, looks good, nice powdercoating, hides the winch, built like a tank!
Cons: Weight but the pros make up for it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought my Jeep with it installed. I love it! It fully protects the front end including your flares. Quality is great. I cant wait to bounce deer off it this winter

1C41N0
1C41N0's Reviews
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: Wraps around entire front, and the stock fog lights mounted without a problem, the front bumper is under 100lb, the rear has a 3500 lb tow rating, the full size spare fits well on it. I mounted a shovel with the optional hi-lift jack vice a jack.
Cons: The receiver is a little close to the spare tire and I need a 4" drop for towing, and a cargo rack is going to have to be custom fitted.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Yes bottom line is I would recommend this product. I was very lucky to get the front for $400 something and the rear with the spare tire swing assembly for $600 because Quadratec screwed up my order. They were good about fixing it, even though it took three weeks to do it.

mhems001
mhems001's Reviews
10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Pros: winch ready, very well built, stong mounts
Cons: weight
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A very well built and easy to install product. A bit pricey but at the time when I bought it, it was the only winch front bumper I was aware of. The one thing that could be a pro and a con is that the winch is mounted inside the bumper. Which on one hand protects the winch but on the other hand while you are winching it is difficult to observe if the winch line is spooling correctly.

spanky02
spanky02's Reviews
09-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: love it! its beefy as all hell and looks cool as shit
Cons: dropped my front end a little bit.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the install was pretty easy. my dad and i did it in a few hours. the only pain was mounting the winch cause the way its mounted inside the bumper. the brackets that tie into the unibody r beefy as **** and r designed to give if ever in a front end but will def hold up. i love it

awkragt
awkragt's Reviews
06-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Price: $900.00
Pros: Look, Full coverage, "tested" it against rocks and holds up very well, thick coating.
Cons: Still getting some rub at full flex with 35s, due to my wheels mostly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great install, Looks good and holds up to trees and branches well. I've had trouble rubbing on the bottom flange even after removing the braces. Thats with 35s and a 4" lift, different wheels could fix the problem.

WJromper
WJromper's Reviews
06-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Airbag compatible
Cons: Big
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Outstanding bumper for the WJ

QuadraTokn

QuadraTokn's Reviews
03-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Pros: brush guard thingy, crush brackets, winch mounts inside,
Cons: Kinda big.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought used for $200 because it was in an accident.

Then 5 hours at a body shop later ($50), it looks much better.

barroninc
barroninc's Reviews
12-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Price: $975.00
Pros: Solid and easy install. No winch plate needed.
Cons: a bit heavy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really originally bought this because I got it for $380. It has been great!

FST1994ZJ
FST1994ZJ's Reviews
11-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Pros: Good for mounting aux lights. Good protection for grille & head lights.
Cons: Heavy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper guard is a good replacement for the original bumper on my ZJ. i bought this and i wasnt planning on mounting a winch so this would keep the weight down on the front of my car. it also kept the cost down on the bumper. i have pushed trash cans and gates and stuff like that but nothing to major. it has been good and sturdy so far.

ktroth

ktroth's Reviews
10-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Great protection
Cons: It is made for certain warn winches.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed and installation was a breeze. the hard part was trimming the bumper so i could squeeze in my superwinch. so far it looks great and adds a great piece of mind protecting my winch.

NickJr44
NickJr44's Reviews
09-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Pros: Strong, looks good, conceals a winch, mounts for CB antenna or offroad lights
Cons: A little tricky to install, but directions are good.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bumper weighs about 150 pounds. So plan on having a higher lift in the front than the back to even the vehicle out. A winch will add about 100 pounds also, so an extra 1.5 inches up front should alleviate the sagging problem. I have a 5.5 inch up front and 4 inch out back. It's perfect. Very nice bumper.

NickJr44
NickJr44's Reviews
09-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Pros: It's big, strong, takes abuse, conceals my 10,000 lb. winch, has two offroad 100 watt lights on it, and has my CB antenna on it
Cons: A little tricky to install. But with the right tools, know how, and will, anything is possible.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This bull bar comes in black. Looks just fine, but if you want it sprayed you can also have it done to match your vehicle. This is frame mounted; not just some tow hook mounted POS brush gaurd. I have had a few friends sit and stand on it... doesn't budge. It is meant to be used with a Warn winch rated at 9,000 lbs. or so. But I custom rigged it to work with a (cheaper) Gorilla 10,000 lb. winch. This combo works excellently. Has an access bay on top of bumper to get inside bumper (where winch would go). It has two recovery points on the bottom, underneath the bumper. Very strong, looks great, gets traffic to move out of your way! One last thing... it's easier to spot a fellow Jeeper from a distance.

soulfinger
soulfinger's Reviews
09-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Pros: strong, ability to mount lights, winch, tow points and antenna
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's great. Buy one.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.