Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > A to Z Fabrication Full length Guards

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

A to Z Fabrication Full length Guards Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

A to Z Fabrication Full length Guards

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $480.00
Average Price: $273.06
Manufacturer: A to Z Fabrication
Recommended?
Yes: 60 / No: 1

A to Z Fabrications full length wheel well to well rocker guards with step tube.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

bowtech

bowtech's Reviews
05-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Bolted right up as instructed
Cons: None Yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased these sliders from A to Z because of prior experience with company. Customer service is always good and product is as advertised. I bought the raw metal version so I could bed liner them. Wheeled them at Hot Springs, AR. and they held up really well.

johnquincy
johnquincy's Reviews
01-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: thickness of steel and strength is great!
Cons: not a fan of the bolts supplied
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy installation and they work very well! #trailtested

Hunter7158

Hunter7158's Reviews
01-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great step for myself and passengers, Good underbody and side protection.
Cons: Drill through the body, Weight
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was extremely pleased with these rocker guards. A to Z makes great products with detailed instructions. Love the steps.

beno
beno's Reviews
09-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: home made work great
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these are homemade rocker guards that serve the purpose they was intended to do

-BeNt-
-BeNt-'s Reviews
09-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Price: $249.00
Pros: VERY good protection.
Cons: Heavy, but it's steel what do you expect.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good set of rocker guards. Got the tube sides, smooth steel. Wonderful setup - bit difficult to install by yourself so get some help.

Skeets682

Skeets682's Reviews

08-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Pros: Strength, service, looks, price!
Cons: None!
Recommended? No

Comments: Picked these up from Zach as "Blems". Customer backed out so I was able to pick them up for a great price. Black Diamond Plate, with 2" square tubes. Instructions are great, wife and I put thses on in about 3 hours, taking our time and plenty of breaks.

Top product, from a top company!

Dakotah
Dakotah's Reviews
08-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Price: $454.00
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing...GET A SET, but with diamond plate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They're beautiful, and they slide nicely across rocks.

boeingxtreme
boeingxtreme's Reviews
07-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Awesome Look,Work Great, Just what I wanted
Cons: Dont Mount to the frame anywhere, just on the body sub frame, unlike others that mount under body mount.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I shouldn't have had them powder coated, Should've had Line-X Spray them, People stepping on them with mud and scratched up and only had them out on 2 trips and the passenger side is scratched up pretty good. on the tube

jstone326

jstone326's Reviews

04-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Price: $325.00
Pros: Great customer service, solidly built, great coverage, easy install, look great
Cons: None!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I knew I needed rocker guards after putting some huge dents in my rocker panels, so I did a lot of research on which to get. I read good things about the AtoZ, so i pm'd Zachv about them and he gave me the JF discount at $325 shipped! This is def the best bang for the buck. Also, I had a lot of questions about them especially as to how to deal with the existing dents and whether to get wheel well to wheel well or standard length. Zach answered all my questions and replied very quickly to my pm's. I sent the money via paypal at abt 8:00 weds night, he shipped them thurs and I got them Friday (and then didn't get around to installing for a couple weeks haha) Zach was not pushy at all, I didn't feel like he was trying to sell me, just answer my questions.

I got the ww2ww unpainted and painted with them 3 coats of self etching primer and 3 coats of rustoleum rattle can bedliner. I plan on destroying the paint anyway, so thats why i didn't get them powdercoated. Though I took my time painting them and did a nice job.

The install was fairly easy, except for the fact that I have an '05 TJ and on '03-'06 you have to drill an access hole from the inside to put the nut and washer on one of the bolts. The directions could have been a little more clear on how to drill the hole. The first side I did, i drilled the hole perfectly and was able to hold the nut with an angled head wrench. But the other side I drilled the hole too far away and couldn't get a nut on, so I had enlarge the hole with my dremel.

I also put a bead of silicone along the top edge so crap doesn't behind the rocker guards, especially where some of the dents were. I then wiped off the excess and it looks real nice.

UPDATE: Since posting this review, I have abused the rocker guards pretty good, and they show no damage whatsoever, nothing even close to a dent. Still very very happy with them!

Here are a couple pics:

yabo71

yabo71's Reviews
04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Pros: Easy install Great powder coating USA made Zach gives jf members a discount
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Zach is very easy to work with. A couple emails and a phone call placed the order. I got the between the flares length with the round steps. Awesome product
Also Got some advertising for Zach put on the Sliders
[IMG][/IMG]

Goldschlager
Goldschlager's Reviews
01-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Price: $310.00
Pros: works great, and makes an awesome step for the ladies to get in and out with.
Cons: none that i have found yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: amazing product, i will order more parts from them in the coming future

BackRoadJPin

1995 Wrangler
BackRoadJPin's Reviews

12-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Solid Product, thick steel, easy to install.
Cons: None that I can think of.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would buy these and recommend them to anyone looking for a solid well built product.

MKB4
MKB4's Reviews
08-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: well made, complete, great customer service
Cons: shipping can be expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Straight forward kit all hardware was included, simple installation quality design and welds. Went with the raw steel and painted them myself would go the same way again.

OlivergreenCJ7

OlivergreenCJ7's Reviews
08-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Pros: Awesome price and great fit. Came with everything needed for install. $250 picked up at the shop
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments:
A to Z full length diamond plate rocker guards with tube step. Zach is a great guy to deal with and burned them up for me while I waited at his shop. I went with the YJ guard because my CJ is running TJ flares. I still needed to cut off about three inches off the front. The guards wrap underneath the tub about 6" and go up to the sill on the sides. The hardware comes with stainless nylocks, bolts, and washers. It doesn't come with instructions, but if you need instructions you're an idiot. I order mine without the powder coating but that is an option. Another option is the plain steel or diamond plate and round tube, square tube, or no tube. All the welds were excellent and the fitment was great. install time is around an hour if you have the tools ( drill, bits, floor jack, wrenches etc. ). Planning on getting a set for my Daily Driver TJ.

jhf56
jhf56's Reviews
05-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Pros: great product they are super beefy and offer a lot of tub protection
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good rocker guard, offers a lot of tub protection. They are pretty heavy probably like 40 lbs each

djflyy

Wanderlust
djflyy's Reviews

03-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Price: $55.00
Pros: Solid, heavy, wheel well to wheel well, look great!
Cons: Not sure how powder coating will hold up in New England winters!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Won these on an eBay auction for only $55... Only down side was that they were LJ guards, so I had to sawzall them down to TJ length. Install was easy, as I was able to make them wheel well to wheel well since I had so much steel to work with. Diamond plating is great, and the step is a perfect (and much desired) addition. My girlfriend uses it constantly now to help get in. I was missing a few install bolts, so I contacted Zach who mailed me a complete set to install for free! Great guy, great service, great product. There's a reason so many Jeeps on here run these guards!

fich375

fich375's Reviews

03-03-2011, 08:24 AM
Price: $320.00
Pros: Beefy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Beefy and sexy as hell. Not too hard to install and directions were easy to follow. PM Zachv. He will give you a great deal and is awesome to work with.

jeepmudgirl
jeepmudgirl's Reviews
03-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Price: $270.00
Pros: very heavy duty.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AtoZ is a great company to deal with. The discount is a nice perk. Shipped quickly and didn't take too long to install them.

Holdem2
Holdem2's Reviews
01-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Great price for a custom product
Cons: Comes raw and needs extra slag removed
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered DIY rails to weld to the OEM Rubi rails. They made a custom length for my and it was at my front door in 2 days!

flatlander757

flatlander757's Reviews
01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Price: $240.00
Pros: Saved my tub many times!
Cons: I had to paint it... I hate painting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the rocker guards from Zach at AtoZ Fab a few years ago, they've been on my Jeep since I was on 33s... they make wheeling VERY fun, and I use them alot to pivot off of trees and rocks, and it provides a good spot to put a hi-lift jack to aid in installing a body lift or getting un-stuck. Definitely recommend them, will definitely buy again if/when I get another Jeep.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »