Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Smittybilt - Smittybilt SRC Side Armor

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Smittybilt - Smittybilt SRC Side Armor Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Smittybilt - Smittybilt SRC Side Armor

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $350.00
Average Price: $253.33
Manufacturer: Smittybilt
Recommended?
Yes: 43 / No: 2
Company Website: http://www.smittybilt.com

Smittybilt SRC Side Armor

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

silverbullet556
silverbullet556's Reviews

10-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Price: $189.99
Pros: Provides protection for rockers and they look sweet.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed them myself in about an hour. It took a little patience and the socket I used kept getting stuck. They provide adequate protection and look good.

Powrjunkey

Powrjunkey's Reviews

09-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Price: $189.00
Pros: strong solid steel bars, attractive powder coating, great step, awesome protection.
Cons: reduced ground clearance by about 1-2", but it doesnt go below the transfer case, its not the lowest point. they are heavy, but they are steel(duh)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this so cheap because my rear bumper didnt fit right as it came in the box and smittybilt reduced the price. I would pay 300 for this set. was recently sandwiched on the freeway between a dodge nitro and a mercedes. it prevented any body damage. the powder coat was worn off, and my fender flares were damaged, but nothing on the metal or mirror. they are solid, and if you spend the time to install them correctly, you cannot go wrong. highly recommend, they are a great step too.

Alohi Ahi

Alohi Ahi's Reviews
08-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Looks great Solid
Cons: Difficult to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What should have been a very easy install ended up being an exercise in frustration because the front mount was just a hair too narrow. Some jack work fixed that and now install they look great..

robs9873k
robs9873k's Reviews
07-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: goog low step for kids and wife
Recommended? Yes

Comments: heavy duty construction, nice looking finish. pretty east to install alone once i figured out how to prop guards up to mark frame mounts

IWaveAtNight

IWaveAtNight's Reviews

06-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Pros: Sturdy, heavy duty, looks great
Cons: bright yellow smittybilt logo in the middle
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got these on amazon, and they shipped for free and no tax (Im in CA.)

Went on pretty easy, just make sure you use a fairly new drill bit and the holes come easy. Followed others' advice of using floor jacks to hold them while drilling, made it really easy.

They look great and are a solid guard for my rocker panels. THey double as a step so now girls dont complain about getting in

AcidRaiN
AcidRaiN's Reviews
06-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Pros: Durable and Beefy!
Cons: Drivers side didn't fit very well. I had to grind down the front bracket to fit around the body mount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The rocker rails seem very sturdy and durable. I had a fitment issue on the drivers side. I had to grind the forward bracket to fit around the front body mount. The passenger side went on smoothly. Also, the directions from smittybilt did not mention taking off the factory rocker rails. I had to figure that out on my own.

Krazy302

Krazy302's Reviews
05-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Covers Rocker panels
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Item was fair priced.. Just needed something to help from getting rockers all scratched up and dented.

mcgoo26

mcgoo26's Reviews
03-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Price: $256.00
Pros: None yet
Cons: You have to drill into the frame.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have yet to test them out.

jbrajko
jbrajko's Reviews
03-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros:  a
Cons: a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good

sxysouthtx

sxysouthtx's Reviews
03-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: Looks great.
Cons: A pain to install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These tub guards really bring my Jeep's appearance to a new level.

xmedicmanx
xmedicmanx's Reviews
02-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Price: $249.99
Pros: Very tough metal ... Great powder coat finish ... easy to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is probably one of the best items that I have put on my jeep ... Very strong great tough powder coat finish.

Jesses97sahara
Jesses97sahara's Reviews
12-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Price: $219.00
Pros: good price hasnt rusted good protection look great
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great product i have had no problems with it. Install is a little interesting, i am very inexperienced and i figured it out within two hours. This product is well worth the price i would recommend it.

Leoboy297
Leoboy297's Reviews
10-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Great look, Awesome armor
Cons: need at least 2 people to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Contrary to popular findings, smittybilt has finally put out some great armor. This stuff is tough, heavy, and looks good. They supply all beefy hardware, and said and done it looks good. would deficiently use again for full corner guards.

cthompson8846

cthompson8846's Reviews
09-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Great protection, great price, look good, easy to install.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: recommended

Fireman0402
Fireman0402's Reviews
09-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: I got them second hand for a great price. They look great, they double as steps, but I have yet to test them out off road.
Cons: Install is a pain in the butt. Smittybilt had no online install directions nor did they return e-mails or phone calls.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these roack rails for $135 and was happy about the price and the look. Install was a pain in the butt. I did read some reviews that said they have a tendency to cave in the middle without an extra support bar welded in there when you land square in the middle. Hence why Smittybilt no longer makes the SRC, their new generation roackrails are called XRC.

95YJohn
95YJohn's Reviews
08-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: sturdy, looked great at first
Cons: cheap coating, cheap install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: hardware coating faded and is now starting to chip. I recommend changing the mounting hardware to grade 8.

larubie

larubie's Reviews
07-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Thick steel
Cons: Poor finish (already rusting around welds), Poor fit, Poor packaging (arrived with lost parts, which took 6 weeks to arrive) DO NOT BUY ANYTHING SMITTYBILT!!!
Recommended? No

Comments: Poor quality, poor finish, and very poor customer service if you need to talk to Smittybilt. The last email I sent took 2 weeks to be answered. Pro Comp is a sister company of them and is also trash (Chinese) quality.

hcw3
hcw3's Reviews
07-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: look great
Cons: they don't fit right, the forst set didn't the second set didn't either, bolt holes are as much as 1/4" off
Recommended? No

Comments: I received my second set of side steps today after returning the first set for poor fit. The mounting holes are almost 1/4" off on front body mount holes and about 1/8" off on the most rearward holes. You can grind out the holes to fit (actually recommended by smittybilt support)but the flange on the bolt will no longer support the step on all sides if you do that. it'll hold, but a $270 part should work AND fit.

When I called smittybilt support with the second set, I was advised that "they were having some fitment issues with the product" and either i could return them and wait a few months for a revised product or I could "make them fit".

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been sold a product that had "fitment issues". DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IF YOU EXPECT IT TO FIT.

gmaheu
gmaheu's Reviews
07-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Price: $240.00
Pros: look great, easy to install
Cons: need some grinding to fit properly
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed these bars myself in about an hour. Very easy install and they look great.

Wolf359

WOLF359
Wolf359's Reviews
06-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Price: $289.00
Pros: Held up on the John Bull Trail bolders in Big Bear Mtn in California.
Cons: Difficult to install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The holes are misaligned by about 1/16".. just enough so they didn't install properly. Could not ream out the holes because doing so would allow the bolt to slip through hole. I took the rails to my work's machine shop. Had the machinist mill off a little bit off one edge of the mounting holes.

These rails only mount at each end to the frame, no support in the middle. I had doubts if they would take the load of a JK 4dr but they did.... so overall.. for the price they worked... No hardcore stuff on they rails though.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last