Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Shrokworks Rock Rails

The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Check out our NEW Steering Stuff!

Shrokworks Rock Rails Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Shrokworks Rock Rails

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $378.73
Manufacturer: Shrokworks
Recommended?
Yes: 41 / No: 4

Avaliable for Wrangler TJ, Unlimited, YJ and CJ-7 Scrambler
Shrokworks guard blanket them in 3/16 plate steel They provide a place to step up into your Jeep, and they make it easy to use your hi-lift jack without causing damage. The tube portion of the sliders is beefy 1.75 x 0.134 wall tubing. The tube is attached at an upward sweeping angle and is reinforced with two center support pieces (three on the Jeep unlimited.)

Specifications
Weight: TJ & YJ 89 lbs., CJ 98 lbs, Unlimited 106lbs
Materials: 3/16" plate steel and 1.75X.134 wall round tubing
Std version is unpainted
Button head stainless steel bolts along side.
Flush /countersunk option available
Bolts underneath are flush / countersunk std.

www.shrockworks.com

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

bkorn2003
bkorn2003's Reviews
06-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Very Strong, full under carriage wrap
Cons: need to drill through body
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product! These have gotten me through several tough spots when others have gotten stick. Sliders work great and do just that...slide you off of obstacles. They even help when you get a bit too close to the surrounding trees

Bottle_Diver
Bottle_Diver's Reviews
03-15-2013, 02:43 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Good guards, Hi-lift jack points
Cons: Heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like them they will take a beating. Can jack the jeep up with then since they attach to the body mounts.

tweenerlj
tweenerlj's Reviews
05-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: protects the body
Cons: weight
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they work for me

jonestj
jonestj's Reviews
02-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: very tough and complete protection
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These Shrockworks rocker guards are the best purchase i have done. I have slammed down on rocks without even a small dent appearing.

kkhrod
kkhrod's Reviews
12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Look Great!
Cons: NA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The rails came on the vehicle when I purchased it. They look great, haven't has the privilege of smacking them on some rocks yet.

k8ysv

k8ysv's Reviews
08-04-2011, 02:33 PM
Pros: Easy to install and built like a tank!
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well worth the cost. THe look great, are engineered great and they are built very solidly. I love them!

jpribe
jpribe's Reviews
02-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Wraps almost all the way under the body to the frame rails. Quite heavy.
Cons: Installation is a PITA - lots of extra holes to drill.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After ripping off my factory Sahara steps on the trails one day, I knew the time have come to get some sliders. After a lot of research I came upon the Shrockworks website - their gear looked tough and well made, so I took the chance. I'm very glad I did! While it took quite a bit longer to get them installed than your run of the mill sliders, these babies wrap WAY under the body. To top that off, they clamp to the floor of the cab in 3 places - and this is why the installation took awhile longer. Getting all those extra holes drilled correctly was a bit of a pain, but well worth it. Don't forget to opt for the flush head fasteners - the look is much better and I am pretty sure will save me some headaches down the road.

ehowes12

ehowes12's Reviews
08-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: VERY VERY VERY STRONG ! if you land on a huge rock these puppies will withstand anything
Cons: nothing. they hold up very well and and dont bend i can say nothing bad
Recommended? Yes

Comments: you can pivot on rocks with these bad boys. Will never leave you with a cracked tub and will protect the under side very nicely. Also have a handy step for the lifted jeeps like mine. The biddies really like that (;

fredrok
fredrok's Reviews

08-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Pros: Great reviews on product quality from a few offroad sources.
Cons: Can't get past the bad CS.
Recommended? No

Comments: Did not buy this product or a bumper I inquired about. Took 2 emails to get a response from Jim about wait time (8 weeks indicated) and if they could mod a TJ bumper they offered for a CJ. When I finally got a response, the question still wasn't answered about the bumper so I asked again. Still no response. And I was willing to shell out $1100+ for it all. After reading these reviews about wait times and CS issues, glad I didn't pursue it. I'll gladly give my money to a company or individual that actually WANTS my business.

Deleon
Deleon's Reviews
07-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Pros: Solid, look good and easy to install
Cons: Company
Recommended? No

Comments: I like the rails but would not deal with Shrockworks again. I understood the 6-8 week wait and excepted it. What I did not like is the 16 weeks I had to wait and the lies given for why I had too.

Deleon
Deleon's Reviews
07-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Pros: Nice look solid build
Cons: Took way to long to get and company was a pain to deal with
Recommended? No

Comments: The bars are great (have not used them for what they were made for yet) for what I bought them for. They look good, are very solid and allowed my wife to get in and out a lot easier. Install was straight forward. I would not buy from Shrockworks again as the customer service was not that good. I understood when I bought the rails that it would take 6-8 weeks but when that time frame came and went with no word from Shrockworks I started calling. The response I received was the same as many people here received "Sorry your bars were powder coated the wrong color and it would be another 6-8 weeks". Wether I was lied to or their powder coater makes that many mistakes it does not matter, I will not buy from them again.

TinBadge
TinBadge's Reviews
03-27-2010, 01:45 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Great well maid product. Excellent customer service
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have seen a lot of the others out there but these by far are the best in price and craftsmanship.

northernbound
northernbound's Reviews
02-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Appearance
Cons: beginning to rust
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually these were custom made rock rails by Axleboy based off of Shokworks rails. They have been excellent however are getting some small rust after 2 years.

drozd_ws6
drozd_ws6's Reviews
12-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Pros: Great high quality product. Great powder coat
Cons: took a long time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product

UCTJ

UCTJ's Reviews
11-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Great product.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These cover the underside of the tub almost to the frame. Very well made, solid, can take a hit and support the weight of the Jeep if needed. They have 3 fishplates inside the tub and a total of six bolts that mount it on the underside in addition to the ones on the side. Nothing bad to report.

Orrin
Orrin's Reviews
11-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Price: $484.00
Pros: Bolted to frame, very strong
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great sliders. Gf is short, uses as step. Very good powder coat.

OldFatGuy
OldFatGuy's Reviews
06-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Pros: Built like battleship. Excellent underside coverage. Good quality hardware included (countersunk stainless bolts). Came with black powdercoat already applied. Very well packaged.
Cons: A bit more expensive than most other brands. Maybe a little heavier than some other brands. Doesn't cover from wheelwell to wheelwell, only between the fender flares.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very solidly built sliders with excellent welds. The best underside coverage I've seen. No protruding bolt heads anywhere to catch on rocks, etc. These sliders are kind of expensive but when you consider that they're already powdercoated and ready to bolt on, the price makes a lot more sense. They were very well packaged, so the finish was still perfect when they arrived. Installation was easy and everything fit as it should. The fact that they only cover the area in between the fender flares might be an issue to some people, but it wasn't to me. Overall, a very solid product. Pretty much indestructible.

Texan4life
Texan4life's Reviews

02-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Shrokworks Rock Rails
Price: $360.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are solid as a rock and I like how they wrap around all the way to the frame.

hunter_03tj
hunter_03tj's Reviews

12-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Shrokworks Rock Rails
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Probably one of the best invests i've made for the jeep, rockers had taken a bit of a beating in the past

BioTex

BioTex's Reviews

10-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Shrokworks Rock Rails
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Absolutely love them. Very easy to install. Look great. The quality is awesome. Only complaint is the wait time. Took 8 weeks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last