Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Savvy Offroad - Savvy Offroad Sliders (TJ)

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Savvy Offroad - Savvy Offroad Sliders (TJ) Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Savvy Offroad - Savvy Offroad Sliders (TJ)

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $349.00
Average Price: $483.33
Manufacturer: Savvy Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 2 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.savvyoffroad.com/

Savvy Off Road presents the ultimate Rocker Slider. Aluminum base rocker with a replaceable stainless steel or mild steel slider. Includes all SS hardware, nutserts and reinforcement backing plates.

For TJ's

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

lanrod

lanrod's Reviews
06-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Quality
Cons: NA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These Savvy Rock Sliders are plenty strong and fit my LJ just right.

geiman
Web Wheeler
geiman's Reviews
05-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Lightweight! Low profile, seem pretty sturdy. Well thought out.
Cons: Install takes some time if you have no help. They're a bit pricey, but when you consider the cost of aluminum these days it's not bad.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall they're a very good product. They come unfinished, but I was surprised at how many scrapes/marks the aluminum had. Nothing to complain about though, since they were easily cleaned up with some 400 grit sandpaper if you were to run them bare (although I don't believe they were intended to be run bare). I blame UPS for part of this, since the box came in pretty sad shape.

The install took some time by myself, the hardest part was getting everything lined up and properly preloaded before drilling. It took me quite some time for the first side, I was very paranoid about getting them properly preloaded before drilling that first hole. However after I had completed the first side, I had the other done in less than 45 minutes. Once you get than hang of it, it's not bad at all. I really didn't think I would like the nutserts, but they are actually a very nice product. They seem to hold up very well, and I actually ordered some extra so that I could use them in a few places. The nutserts holding the stock flares on were siezed so they almost all required some sort of cutting to get them out. I replaced a few of them with these nutserts and they are all holding up great.

The sliders seem to hold up well, I've only had them on some local stuff so far but they seem to support a good bit of weight without much issue. Time will tell. I'll update the review once I've had more wheeling time with them.

robert_hollis

robert_hollis's Reviews
01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Pretty. Thick.
Cons: Sloppy manufacturing (bolt holes did not line up with each other). Had to sand down scrapes that were already in the sliders from rough handling at the factory before I could paint them. Not truly wheel well to wheel well. nutserts are the devil.
Recommended? No

Comments: I believe I paid less than the list price on these, as I was ordering a bunch of stuff from Savvy at the time, and received a discount on some items.

For ME these sliders were a complete PITA. I had several issues, and would like to think I simply got a bad set of sliders. So, I won't knock Savvy too severely for them.

MY issues were, the sliders weren't quite wheel well to wheel well (1/4-1/2 too short), the bolt holes didn't line up on the different parts, and had to be wallowed out to make them work (something I didn't notice until after I'd already painted them), I was shorted some hardware, and never could get a nutsert tool from Gerald (apparently they ran out for 3 months or so).

I also had to clean up some pretty nasty scrapes on them when I first got them, in order to paint them. That's a minor cosmetic issue, so whatever...

They are pretty, and they are thick, and they seem likely to handle a good hit.

I just got super pissed off dealing with them, and having to modify them to install them. In the end, if the tolerances were better, I'd rate them higher, but for what I got, I wish I'd just bought another brand, or made my own.