Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Rugged Ridge RRC Side Armor part#11504.13

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Rugged Ridge RRC Side Armor part#11504.13 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Rugged Ridge RRC Side Armor part#11504.13

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $350.00
Average Price: $284.59
Manufacturer: Rugged Ridge
Recommended?
Yes: 23 / No: 2

This tough grid-like design provides the ultimate under-side protection, while creating the ultimate look on your Jeep. With a dual tube design and frame mounting system, this heavy duty side tube bumper is one tough customer. The bottom of the Side Armor drops down just above the lowest part of your frame, allowing for greater ground clearance while on those off-road adventures. Sold in pairs.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

themoviecritic
themoviecritic's Reviews
07-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Price: $349.00
Pros: Added appearance, and helps shorter people mount the ride.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A nice full sized rock rail, gives the appearance of a running board, and the durability of a rock crawler.

cyberpyrot

cyberpyrot's Reviews
04-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Price: $312.88
Pros: Easy install uses factory mount points. Looks great. Adds a step for easy entry into jeep
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is an awesome accessory great bang for your buck.

Akrick907

Akrick907's Reviews
06-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Price: $349.00
Pros: tough and easy to install
Cons: hangs lower than frame so some clearance issues
Recommended? Yes

Comments: relatively easy install with an extra set of hands. looks good on the jeep and holds up great to trail abuse. I don't have a tummy tuck so the low hanging portion of the side rail doesn't add any clearance problems to me.

jrmars07

jrmars07's Reviews
05-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Price: $349.99
Pros: Easy install bolts right to the factory frame mounts
Cons: Some of the outer coating has flaked off but is barely noticeable since there is still black paint under the powder coating
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product for both protection and a step for the jeep, however they do get slick in ice :P These took about 45 minutes to install by myself and could have taken under 30 if I had a helper. Strong and sturdy, have had no questions about them bending or anything but of course have not really had to use them yet.

SideshowBob024

SideshowBob024's Reviews

05-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Price: $349.99
Pros: Nice wide step for getting in and out. Easy install with a jack to hold them up (if your jeep is lifted). 8 mounts on each side directly to frame. So far has taken some hits on trails and stood up to them well.
Cons: Lowers clearance on sides to frame rail level, much much lower than body mounted rocker armor, which will replace these when I have the $$.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought these as a noob. However, they seem to be holding up pretty well to hits on the trail, which they take often cause they hang down pretty low. Provide quite a bit of protection.

Great mod for less serious wheelers who still want a step and some rocker protection.

GDZJEEP
GDZJEEP's Reviews
03-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Bulit in step
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome. Mine have the built in 2" step. Very sturdy.

greglfield
greglfield's Reviews

01-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: well made and looks good
Cons: rugged ridge lack of quality control
Recommended? No

Comments: After purchasing a set for my 4 door JK, was initially excited as they were solid and were going to install easily to the frame mounts. However, I soon learned that the right side would not fit, after some drilling to try and make it fit, learned that there was no way it was going to work, it was 1/2 inch off at the bolts. I contacted the reseller, and returned the bad bar, and they finally sent me a replacement. This one was 1/4 inch off and was not going to work either. After going back and forth for several weeks, finally just told them I wanted to just return both and shipped them back. It has now been over 2 months since purchasing the initial pair, and they are refusing to return all of my money (All of this is through Morris 4X4). At this point, I would say steer clear of these bars and rugged ridge in general.

thirdeye

thirdeye's Reviews
01-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Strong. Good look. Easy install.
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine are different from the part number but anyway, they're strong. Bolts on easy. Have been beaten on many-a-rock.

YWU

YWU's Reviews
08-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Looks great. Seem very sturdy.
Cons: Not easy to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installation requires drilling the frame. It is challenging to get it aligned evenly. Once installed they look great and seem very sturdy.

swnmcop

swnmcop's Reviews

04-20-2010, 04:10 AM
Price: $260.00
Pros: Very Strong Easy Install Great constructioin
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Crushed my passenger side door and rocker panel before installing the RR rocksliders.

Product has saved my rocker panels and doors numerous times since!

cevetts3
cevetts3's Reviews
04-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Price: $330.00
Pros: Very tough
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a very nice product.

mjr09jk
mjr09jk's Reviews
04-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Price: $334.00
Pros: Looks great, very strong
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just got them, and its part #11504.21 for my 09jk. They look great and seem very strong, gives a hefty look to the jeep. I feel sorry for anybody that bangs their door into them. We''ll see how they do offroad.

Slow_Lane
Slow_Lane's Reviews
03-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Price: $320.00
Pros: Easy install, Great step
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Kids can no enter and exit with no help. Sticks out enough to stop those annoying door dings.

steroidxjohnson

steroidxjohnson's Reviews
03-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: easy to install, great looks
Cons: water buildup behind can cause rust
Recommended? Yes

Comments: cheap, good, strong and durable, adds an offroad look to your jeep

TennesseeTJ02

TennesseeTJ02's Reviews
02-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Offers rocker protection
Cons: need to be stronger
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good rocker guards

fun
fun's Reviews
11-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Price: $335.00
Pros: Sturdy Construction
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Look great on my Rubicon. Solid construction.

mahoot207
mahoot207's Reviews
11-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Pros: Very durable and stable - can take a beating!
Cons: Hang too low - takes away from clearance, hard to bolt on - ended up welding to frame.
Recommended? No

Comments: These rocker guards are very strong and have survived many blows from rocks, very big ones too! However, the installation was VERY HARD and they wanted me to "bolt" them to the frame. I did, but the bolts ended up snapping off, so I welded them straight to the frame. They have been very sturdy ever since, even with me and others stepping on them on a daily basis. Some cons, they hang down really low from the body itself and take away a good 6" of clearance on both sides. After doing some research, I have decided to get the shrockworks rocker guards or poison spyder rocker knockers as my next purchase.

jhunt87
jhunt87's Reviews
07-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Pros: Very Solid, Serve as a step, Look Sweet!
Cons: Kind of heavy, have to drill frame/weld on
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall I really like these. Picked them up used. Offer great protection and serve as a step.

bucklisa
bucklisa's Reviews

03-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Price: $340.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The only concern appears to be that the weight of the armor is on the small 16mm nuts instead of the washer and the 18mm bolts.

minges14

minges14's Reviews

02-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Price: $270.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They went on pretty quickly, even with 1 person. The fit and the look are great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last