Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Rock-It Man Fabrication / Jeeperman Ultimate Rocker Guards

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Rock-It Man Fabrication / Jeeperman Ultimate Rocker Guards Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Rocker Guards Next Product

Rock-It Man Fabrication / Jeeperman Ultimate Rocker Guards

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $400.00
Average Price: $295.67
Manufacturer: Rock-It Man Fabrication / Jeeperman
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 0

Rock-It Man / Jeeperman Rockers were designed with function in mind, and form secondary ... and they look as good as they protect! These Rockers feature fourteen mounting points (per side) with countersunk, 5/16ths stainless steel hardware. A 10 gauge, powdercoated steel interior backing plate is included. The interior piece extends along the inside of the tub and sandwiches the body with the rocker guard, effectively creating one large mounting point, instead of several small ones. This virtually eliminates “bubbling” from hard underside hits to the rock rail.

The Rock Rails are made from 1-1/2”, .120 wall tubing. They are angled up at a 45 degrees and three stand-offs are placed evenly, and perpendicular, to the body for maximum leverage distribution.

Rock-It Man / Jeeperman Ultimate Rockers are the ONLY rocker guards that offer FULL underbody and FULL rocker panel protection, without modifying the fender flares, period.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

XJ_Renegade

XJ_Renegade's Reviews
09-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Easy installation, well built, and solid beef.
Cons: Just a little shorter than expected.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have not yet used these sliders for off road use. Installation was easy and only took a couple hours. Keep in mind, you will need a right-angle drill to mount them. The kit comes with all the hardware you need, but you may need extra washers as no two vehicles are exactly alike. I know for sure the sliders can easily withstand the weight of my WJ. Probably three or four WJ's, at that. They can also be stepped on, and can easily hold 300 lbs. The mounting bars/flanges are also extremely strong, made of box steel and 1/4-inch thick (estimated) mounting plates. Instead of other sliders with flat mounting bars. Overall I am very pleased with the looks of these sliders. They don't look too much like side steps, but they don't blend in, either. They look like they would do well at protecting the bottoms of the doors, too.

oif03vet
oif03vet's Reviews
07-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Very heavy and strong. It looks good too.
Cons: The rivnuts were difficult to install. One of the welds holding the slider to the guard wasnt welded all the way around the tube.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After getting the right parts, the install only took a few hours of actual work. They seem extremely stong. I havent had a chance to go bash them yet.

04RubiGator

04RubiGator's Reviews

03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just installed

JeepGuyBrian

JeepGuyBrian's Reviews

10-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Price: $194.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased on eBay, great price and great seller. Initially liked them because they only bolted on the bottom - none are required on the side. But then there was almost a 1/4" between the body and rocker on the passenger side, so I used silicon to try and seal it... In hindsight, I would probably buy ones that do require bolting on the side to get a better seal and prevent water/salt/junk build-up leading to body rust... Just my $.02.

tangyPeej
tangyPeej's Reviews

07-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: steps to help get in. i am short and needed some added help to get into my jeep

fried_gold

fried_gold's Reviews

08-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: coverage, clearance, quality
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed these rockers a few weeks ago and have been really impressed with them (as has everyone who has seen them). I have been somewhat disappointed that I haven't scratched them on any rocks yet, but after wheeling with another Jeep with the same amount of lift as mine and watching him get hung up on his frame mounted rocker guards, I was happy that I got tub mounted guards that didn't take away any clearance.

A note on the required tools for installation: I spent 3-4 hours driving around looking for a 17/32 drill bit and #4 Phillips screwdriver. I never found the drill bit but it turned out that I didn't need either. Although the instructions called for a #4 Phillips, it was too large and my #3 Phillips worked perfectly. I guess if they run out of #4 hardware they ship some with #3...?

For the drill bit, I drilled the holes with a 1/2 bit then wallowed them out until the hole was big enough for the nutserts. The holes don't have to be exact because the nutserts collapse and hold themselves in place once they're installed, but I still drilled most of them out just enough so that the nutserts went in tight.

JohnP

JohnP's Reviews

08-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Pros: Excellent instructions, high quality hardware and welding
Cons: Small powdercoating chips, backing plate interferes w/ rivnuts from factory Rubicon guards
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just installed these yesterday by myself. It took me about 6 hours and an extra hand would have certainly saved time. I did take my time, since I was drilling into the body. A couple of the necessary tools that most people won't have are a #4 Phillips screwdriver (Sears: $8.99) and a 17/32 drill bit (local tool supply: $14).

If you have the factory Rubicon rocker guards, there are two rivnuts that are used to attach those guards that interfere with the backing plate. I just used my jigsaw and a metal cutting blade to cut notches in the backing plate.

Additionally, I bought the thin rubber Tough Stuff rocker gaskets (http://www.toughstuffproducts.com/jeep/rocker_guard.html) that attach to the inside vertical leg of the rockers. These prevent metal from scraping against metal. They were easy to add to the rockers.

Overall the
quality of the Jeeperman rockers and supplied hardware is excellent. No parts were missing in my package. It did take about 2 months from the day I ordered for me to receive these parts...and I live in Denver (same as Raingler/Jeeperman). I don't think you'll find a higher quality body-mounted TJ rocker guard on the market.

ErikJordan

Pimp Hand
ErikJordan's Reviews

08-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Pros: wheel well to wheel well coverage.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these are a fantastic product, but this report is a bit misleading. these are no longer "rock-it man rockers. this is now being sold by raingler or jeeperman at
http://www.raingler.com/shop/products.asp?catID=74
it is the exact same rocker.

digitalcox

Web Wheeler
digitalcox's Reviews

07-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: No loss of ground clearance, wheelwell to wheelwell coverage, very beefy.
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had these rocker guards on for the past year and really enjoy them. I haven't had a chance to throw one up on a rock yet but from installing them, they seem like they will take a good beating.

The rocker does go behind the fender flares but the gap isn't too bad and you will get use to it really quickly.

The only other thing I notice that these rocker guards could interfere with is if you decide to run a tube fender up front with a flare or PSC crusher corners in the back. You would have to do some fabrication to make them work with eachother.

-Justin