Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Poison Spyder Customs Rocker Knockers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Poison Spyder Customs Rocker Knockers Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Poison Spyder Customs Rocker Knockers

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $99,999.00
Average Price: $2,265.64
Manufacturer: Poison Spyder Customs
Recommended?
Yes: 56 / No: 0

Poison Spyder Customs "Rocker Knockers" are engineered for the serious off-road enthusiast. This rocker panel protection is not the normal 10 gauge bolt-ons. This steel hits back!

Rocker Knockers don't just bolt to the Jeep body, but attach at the body mounts also. One of the best features of Poison Spyder Customs rocker protection is the ability to tie the front hoop of your cage directly to the rocker, giving your 4X a simple frame tie-in. Cage mounting holes are not pre-drilled, because cage mounting location will vary. Jeep TJs do not have this extension, due to preexisting body reinforcement.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

Matt Graham

Matt Graham's Reviews
02-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Price: $329.00
Pros: Look nice, quality construction, heavy duty
Cons: I don't have any to list.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very happy with them, and I like the spyder cutout in the rocker.

Bullfrog80
Bullfrog80's Reviews
08-07-2013, 11:31 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Well made and good looking.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I received these with a parts jeep I bought and they had never been installed. Installed easily and can wait to put them to use on the trail. I have been very satisfied with poison spyder's product and service in every way.

pagnani
pagnani's Reviews
06-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Super Beefy
Cons: These ones are older and only hook up to one body mount and then rely on the tub for strength. I like the new style that connects to 2-3 body mounts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have really liked these rocker guards. I purchased them second hand from a forum member and paid $200. They really are beefy. The way they mount does leave something to be desired, but overall I really like them.

professaredneck
professaredneck's Reviews
04-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Look great, extremely tough, and well used, fit perfectly, light weight, protects floor to outside of frame
Cons: No cons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I found these used but never installed. All stainless hardware included. These were in perfect shape and at a fraction of the cost new

ItsJustD
ItsJustD's Reviews
01-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Price: $365.99
Pros: Strong, look great, keeps my body safe
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've slammed on several rocks now, and I can't even tell they've been hit.

05-Rubicon
05-Rubicon's Reviews

05-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: tough, cool spyder, indestructible
Cons: too pretty to tear up
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just get them for your TJ, with the corner crushers, and front fenders, all armored, you will not regret

RX4ROCS
RX4ROCS's Reviews
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Price: $395.00
Pros: Legendary PSC quality and functionality
Cons: Quirky mounting on the LJ version
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Another great quality product from PSC. Within 24 hours of mounting them, they were already doing their job on the Barrett Lake Jeep trail, they took the beating of the rocks and not the body.

The only concern that I have with them is unlike other vendors rocker guards, the PSC (LJ version only) mounts between the frame mount and the body bushing which makes for a non-isolated body-to-frame connection since the upper part of the rocker guard is through-bolted to the body as well. This further created an issue later on when I also installed a JKS 1.250" body lift requiring some creativity in order to install the 1.250" durathane pucks.

FLTYDRTYjeepGRL
FLTYDRTYjeepGRL's Reviews
02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Love em' they were a birthday gift
Cons: I tend to bust my knees on them hopping in! :/
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product and they look awesome! I would highly recommend Poison Spyder products!!

Hellions
Hellions's Reviews
11-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Pros: Heavy-duty. Great looks and fully functional.
Cons: Not a big deal but I wish they were painted or coated.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very heavy construction. A simple bolt on (simple drilling required also) with an awesome look. I had to plasma cut 2 holes in each piece to clear the drain hole plugs in the floor boards.
Should have purchased with powder coating as they started to surface rust almost immediately. Not a big issue because my local powder coater lightly sanded them before coating and they look awesome now.

hoovail

hoovail's Reviews
11-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Pros: Solid construction
Cons: Rusting around the welds.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a solid product. Very durable, and have held up to years of abuse. After about a year, rust had formed on the welds, and the powdercoat began flaking off. It's been about 4 years, and they should be refinished.

mike_dippert

hodophobic
mike_dippert's Reviews
10-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Strong. Tube step
Cons: Questionable powder coat.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These came with my current Jeep. They a very strong, no dents in them. The powder coat has been flaking off everywhere. I don't know how old they are though. I don't like that they don't go behind the fender flares.

bear1970
bear1970's Reviews
08-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Pros: tough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good stuff

Travelingcosts
Travelingcosts's Reviews
06-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Price: $365.00
Pros: Look great, perform better.
Cons: Don't come prepainted
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these hoping to gain a little more protection between the fenders since thats where most jeep damage takes place. They were easy to install and look excellent. Only bad part is that i had to paint them myself.

blndman8000
blndman8000's Reviews
05-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Price: $370.00
Pros: Very Durable sliders,
Cons: Dosn't exactly fit straight to the fender flares but you cant hardly notice
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The rock sliders was a great buy, i love the way the posion spyder logo is lazer cut out into the slider. Great place to put my foot with the doors off.

StrateRzr
StrateRzr's Reviews
04-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: Covers RUST!
Cons: Pricey
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I used TJ wheel openings on a a CJ Rocker since I have flat tube fenders

blizzboy15

blizzboy15's Reviews
02-04-2011, 01:39 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Great!! SOLID! They look awesome!!
Cons: Heavy(good and bad)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are sturdy rockers!! Heacy as heck, but they will look great and will function even better! I stripped mine down to bare metal and refinished them. i would suggest doing the same if you used as rust can be brutal on metal! Great product, I recommend them to anyone!!

TheSlowDown
TheSlowDown's Reviews
01-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Awesome. Overbuilt. Solid Welds. Nice Laser Cut Design.
Cons: Can't use with Mopar mud guards.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice rocker panels. I bought the rocker panels with the slider bars. Love the hardware and easy to install.

Had to ditch the front Mopar rigid plastic mud guards for clearance - not that they work with 31" wheels anyway. I guess I could have left them on with some modification but that would have weakened them to the point of not making it worth it.

Paid a bit to get them powder coated and I've been happy with them so far, but that is from an aesthetic point of view. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to abuse them yet.

However, if anything actually "breaks" or even bends these rocker panels I probably won't have such an easy time typing here anymore...

fatboris

fatboris's Reviews
11-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Pros: More solid than the rocks you'll bang them on. Heavy.
Cons: Heavy...but you know that going in.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are bulletproof. Poison Spyder has a good reutation for quality so you know what you're getting. I got mine used on CL so I feel like I made out big.

Shakey
Shakey's Reviews
09-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: They were cheap. Fit and finish is nice. Very easy to install.
Cons: They aren't wheel well to wheel well.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They were cheap. Fit and finish is nice. Very easy to install. I picked these up from the old Poison Spyder locally.

tim04tj
tim04tj's Reviews
07-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Excellent fit and finish
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product . Fairly simple to install and looks great .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »