Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Olympic Reverse-A-Bars

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Olympic Reverse-A-Bars Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Olympic Reverse-A-Bars

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $475.00
Average Price: $304.54
Manufacturer: Olympic
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 1

Install bars pointing up or down & reverse them if you change your mind. Reverse-a-Bar is manufactured of thick 1.5" round heavy-duty steel tubing. The "bars up" position gives high clearence, and the "bars down" position makes them more useful as steps. Easy installation. No drilling required.

Install Time: 2-4 Hours

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

zerofor1b
zerofor1b's Reviews
01-23-2014, 02:37 AM
Price: $465.00
Pros: PERFECT fit, fast and simple install, sturdy as hell, looks great!
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Olympic 4x4 Products Xtreme Double Slider Bars
NEVER buy smittybuilt anything!

xloza
xloza's Reviews
09-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: They look cool, serve as a step bar, and seem pretty tough
Cons: Paint started to chip from spot where I always step.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think this is a great product

Hollywoodcp86

Hollywoodcp86's Reviews
07-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Price: $440.00
Pros: Body protection or step when needed
Cons: Time consuming to remove bolts to flip
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Work great as a step for the shorter people when you are not on the trail. When you need that extra protection without loosing ground clearance, you just take them off, flip the over and switch the side they are on.

Need to have wrenches with you in order to flip them on the trail if you forget to do it before you go out. Might be able to use a cotter pin system for them...

prariepunk
prariepunk's Reviews
01-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Price: $170.00
Pros: easily reversed for a step
Cons: paint wore off easily
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought them from a friend who switched to the bolt on body rocker guard. Install was a little tricky, you have to loose fit them a few times before you get them tightened up (I had to anyway). These have saved me a number of times from both trees & rocks & even somebody that tried to slam my jeep with their car door

CJ7Rubicon

CJ7Rubicon's Reviews
04-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: step
Cons: not thick enough to really protect,I have shoved both sides into my rockers.
Recommended? No

Comments: Bolts to the frame like all step bars.If you come off a ledge,you will bend them into your rockers.

D-Rob
D-Rob's Reviews

03-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Price: $420.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Super happy with them...makes a nice step and they look sweep. Maybe they'll knock a few branches and stuff out of the way too as I don't plan actually crawling up a mountain of rocks!

mugsy310
mugsy310's Reviews

03-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Price: $220.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install, but need two sets of hands unless you are really good at using the knees to hold things in place. They look great and are solid, have even used the jack on them to lift the jeep and no problems.

JFranko

JFranko's Reviews

12-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they're a good product, good customer support, these are easy to install

seventy five characters

bayoulawdog
bayoulawdog's Reviews

11-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Price: $475.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These bars work for me because I use this Jeep every day, and have small children that need to climb in and out every day, so I can leave them down for that, but turn them up when i go wheeling and need side protection.

budice21386
budice21386's Reviews

06-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Price: $220.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice product, matches my smittybilt bumpers perfectly. Like that the don't drill into the body or frame and the wife likes the step.

Rocky5

Rocky5's Reviews

04-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice and cheap.....love the fact that I no longer get door dings!! LOL Only down side is they seem to loosen themselves.

meha11

meha11's Reviews

10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Pros: looks and looks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: esay install dispite what others have said, it is possible that these may not be the strongest but they work great for me and probably for 95% of you all.

Okie05Unlimited
Okie05Unlimited's Reviews
08-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Price: $249.00
Pros: the finish is durable and provides good traction
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed ours up and love them. The only thing I would suggest is that instead of bolting them on, I cut the excess mounting plates and welded the bars directly onto my frame. They aren't going anywhere!

jeepteejay
jeepteejay's Reviews

01-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Pros: No Drill Design, Option of 'Up' or 'Down'
Cons: Not Great Protection, Needed modification to fit my '03, Needs modification to look right with a BL
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these used from a guy, they were in good shape when I bought them. They've taken a couple of hits and haven't bent, just gouged the metal a little bit.

They needed modification to fit my '03 due to the transfer case skid differences. Other than that installation wasn't too bad. As stated above due to wires and brake lines running on the inside of the frame rails on the driver's side that side was a bit more work. I recommend racheting wrenches.

Since I have installed a BL, I have taken these off and will be cutting and rewelding these to look proper with the BL. They will probably be easier to re-install after the BL.

I like how they can be mounted 'Up' or 'Down', though I've only used the 'Up' so far. I haven't needed them as steps yet.

Being in a region that sees lots of snow and salt, I am glad for a design that mounts to the frame, as drilling into the body may just cause more trouble than it's worth. However, I will probably upgrade to this style when my jeep becomes more 'hardcore'. I'm currently running 4" sus. lift and 1" BL and 33's.

I have since painted them again, since the original paint/powdercoat or whatever has worn and scratched. Easily done, and look like new.

There are better products out there than this, but these are plenty fine for me.

JLRUBICON

JLRUBICON's Reviews

10-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Pros: Durable, Easy to Install
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love me reversa bars. I use them 'down' as step most of the time (have to as I have lift and 35s) --- the powder coat is good to prevent foot slippage. These are a must have item.

stevensinger

stevensinger's Reviews

09-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Olympic Reverse-A-Bars
Price: $249.99
Pros: Very strong, Can be mouted facing up or down, step or rock guard
Cons: Pain to install on an Unlimited 2006
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great I have had them mouted both ways but currently been using them for step bars. I would have gave them a 10 but the install was hard because all the wires in the way.