Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > A New Rocker Rail for YJ/TJ/LJ by MetalCloak

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

A New Rocker Rail for YJ/TJ/LJ by MetalCloak Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

A New Rocker Rail for YJ/TJ/LJ by MetalCloak

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $399.00
Average Price: $423.60
Manufacturer: MetalCloak
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.metalcloak.com

The MetalCloak TJ Rocker Rail... Strength Through Simplicity!

At MetalCloak, we proudly listen to our customers and Jeepers from across the country when it comes to products and new product introduction.

So it is with pride that we are introducing the New MetalCloak Rocker Rail for the TJ & YJ... a true protection for your rig... single piece strength combined with the awesome look of the MetalCloak integrated body armor system.

No body modification, cutting or welding needed, just drill a few holes and bolt on the MetalCloak Rocker Rail and as quickly at 30 minutes later, you will have your own incredibly strong rock rail and step combination.

And there are NO holes in your floor! Our unique system eliminates bottom bolts while increasing strength beyond what is on the market today using a proven top & bottom bolting method in which a horizontal linear bolt pattern is just below the passenger door and a second horizontal linear bolt pattern is located at the base of the passenger compartment. The second bolt pattern is actually located below the axis of the step tube.

This method prevents the "can opener" effect. In addition, the "true" skid plate portion of the rocker is angled up and meets the step at the tangent point of the tube, creating a source of force deflection. This feature is relatively unique, and from what we have seen, provides a combined strength that exceeds other industry products that rely on a bracket and bolt into the thin and non-structural sheet metal of the floor boards.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION...

Weight 60.000 lbs (pair)
Installation Difficulty Easy - Bolt On
Time to Install 30 minutes - 1 hour
Body Modification None

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Dhaire17
Dhaire17's Reviews
02-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: awesome, easy to mount and sturdy as hell
Cons: not a con to list
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ACE Engineering hit a home run with these. they are easy as hell to install, and are a great subtle protectant that will last forever. getm if you havent already.

ColdWeatherTJ
ColdWeatherTJ's Reviews
12-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: easy install
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The parts are very heavy duty and they installed very easy. The only downfall is that there are 3 nutzerts that are used on each side to fasten the rails to the tub. I had no problems with the nutzerts and I understand why they are needed, but I am still leary of thier long term strength.

Boxers_TJ
Boxers_TJ's Reviews
06-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Easy Install and ROCK solid product!!!
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Powder coating is perfect... fit is perfect. These things are solid and worth every penny.

pdangerp

pdangerp's Reviews

05-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: Looks great
Cons: Will not work alone. Need the fenders and corner guards to make them work.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was really interested in these rocker guards, but when I called to order, they discouraged the purchase unless I had the other pieces of the set. They said they will be coming out with a stand alone set soon, and I will probably purchase that if it's similar.

dendrophobe

dendrophobe's Reviews
10-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Price: $320.00
Pros: Very sturdy, fits well into the rear flares and tube fenders. Same styling as flares and fenders.
Cons: Instructions weren't very thorough, but no cons for actual product.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased these rocker guards to go with my Metalcloak tube fenders and rear flares. Not only were they the same style, but they fit together with both fenders and flares very well. I am extremely impressed with both the craftsmanship and the customer service from Metalcloak. I highly recommend this and all their other products!