Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Kilby Trail Boss Rockers for TJ & LJ

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Kilby Trail Boss Rockers for TJ & LJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Kilby Trail Boss Rockers for TJ & LJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $450.00
Average Price: $263.67
Manufacturer: Kilby
Recommended?
Yes: 3 / No: 0

Trail Boss Rocker Skid Plates are manufactured from 3/16-inch HRPO Steel and feature internal gussets for superior strength. They include a 45-degree bottom angle for sliding over trail obstacles and a 3-inch wide top step surface to aid in entry and exit as well as stand the side of your Jeep away from large boulder when scrapping through tight spots on the trail. Trail Boss Rocker Skid Plates include b acking plates that aide in keeping the sheet metal straight even with heavy trail use. The backing plates feature nuts welded on for ease of installation where applicable and all blind body holes are fitted with top quality rivnuts. Also included is a rivet nut insertion tool, body gasket to seal out moisture and stainless steel mounting hardware. Trail Boss Rocker Skid Plates are designed to matches Trail Boss front and rear bumpers.
(NOTE: The bottom mounting holes match the OEM body holes on 2003-up vehicles only. Currently available for the Jeep TJ and LJ Only)

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Cresso
Cresso's Reviews
11-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: ?
Cons: ?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ??????????

2006LJRubicon

2006LJRubicon's Reviews

02-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Price: $340.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks great, they match the flares and that is what i was looking for.

Ichabod1960

Have Jeep, Will Travel
Ichabod1960's Reviews

01-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Heavy duty construction, nice step for short folks
Cons: These are flare to flare rocker guards
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wanted a rocker guard that had the step built in rather than having a step made from a piece of pipe. Check out this thread for more information about rockers in general: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134553
Also, this rocker has a forty-five degree angle built-in that would help deflect impacts away from the body.

My only issue is that these are flare to flare rocker guards but I knew that before I purchased them. That said, I have no idea how I would have notched my fender flares (they are 7" flares) to allow a wheel well to wheel well guard. I guess my grinder would have been busy.

The installation was easy but having some help would make it go faster. These guards are heavy. I did have to drill several holes in the body but once you've drilled one hole, what's nine more.

The step is three inches wide but it can get slick when wet. I'm looking for some skateboard anti-skid tape so whatever woman in a mini-skirt thats trying to get into my LJ doesn't doesn't fall off the guard and land on her rear.

I haven't been offroad with these rockers but I will provide an update when I do.

Update 12-25-07:

I've taken two major trips in the last year with these rockers installed and I'm very happy with them. I did put some exterior anti-slip tape (you can get it at Lowe's or Home Depot) on the steps so the girlfriend (or me) doesn't slide off the step. The rockers have taken a few impacts with no damage other than some dings in the paint. I'm very happy with this item and would purchase it again.