12K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  Dad12and7 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $269
Rating 4
Average Price $267.85
Manufacturer JCR OffRoad
Recommended Yes: 17 / No: 3

JCR Stage II Rock Sliders bolt up with 13 bolts on each side(4 bolts on each of the two mounting plates and 5 along the pinch seam).They stick out enough to use for steps as well(difference between stage I and stage IIs)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $220
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Great sliders, would recommend to any XJ owner. Saved my sides more then once.

#5 ·
Price $160
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Built great, welds are nice and heavy. Bought never installed from another member :)

#6 ·
Price $295
Pros Great Welds, Great Price, Super Strong
Cons My hardware kit wasnt quite complete. SLight variations in angles.
Recommended yes

Comments: THey were easily installed and fir pretty well. My hardware kit wasnt complete tho. Havent really banged them off rocks yet, but they seem really strong.

#7 ·
Price $265
Pros Stage III Super Sliders -
Super Tough Made from 3/16" Material
Cons Please see my review comments for more information regarding JCR Offroad. I do have to admit, from my experience with these guys, I can not recommend them to anyone personally. However, if you were to ONLY buy their sliders and NOTHING else, I could see how you would be satisfied with them. If it weren't for all their other mess ups, I would give this product a "good" rating as well as recommend it.
Recommended no

Comments: JCR's quality control is by far the worst I have seen. I ordered nearly their entire product line and I had major problems with each and every item I ordered. Most requiring major modifications to make them work and all of which were very disappointing. The worst part of it was that they would not accept responsibility for any of their mistakes giving me delayed responses of being "within acceptable tolerances."

If you are in the market for any of JCR Offroad's products, I would strongly advise against it! Please see my build thread for multiple pictures and detailed explanations regarding my dealings with them and their front and rear bumpers, sliders, quarter panel armor and 1-ton steering. There are so many other great manufacturers out there to choose from. I wouldn't recommend JCR to my worst enemy.

However, out of all the products I ordered from JCR Offroad, their Stage III Super Sliders required very little cleaning up and they also bolted up with very little messing around.

#8 ·
Price $270
Pros BEEFY. Good lateral protection
Cons Unpainted (not necessarily a con), may need spacers to fit
Recommended yes

Comments: I won't comment on their offroad performance, as I haven't tried them yet. Others claim they're really good. Just looking at them, I can tell they offer GREAT lateral protection (that's why I chose them over, say, IRO's), and they're really beefy. Shipping weight was 104 lb!

The sliders came unpainted, which is fine, but keep that in mind. Some other sliders come to your door painted, but you will have to spend the extra time painting these.

The sliders were NOT easy to install. Some JCR sliders' unibody attachment arms are about 1/4" too short; my fronts were, and I ended up needing to make some spacers for them. I've heard other people have gotten free spacers from JCR, but mine was a weekend install, and I chose to make the spacers myself, rather than to delay the install. All in all, it worked out ok.

#9 ·
Price $200
Pros mounts and fits great. well made, real beef
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: pure beef. fits and mounts great. works well as a step also

#10 ·
Price $219
Pros Simple construction, built to order, shipped raw steel.
Cons no powder coat option, fitment issues due to each set being a bit different
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought these because of the simplicity. I wish I had been able to make them myself though. They are a good time tested design and the price was right.

#14 ·
Price $293
Pros SOLID! Great welds, very strong, excellent construction, love the pinch weld bolts. Installation was not difficult.
Cons I would prefer to have a nut plate on the inside of the frame rail, but the self tappers seem to be strong enough. A right angle drill would be helpful but I did just fine with my regular drill motor.
Recommended yes

Comments: My WJ rails came with a trim plate to put between the mounting plate and the frame rail. To drill the mounting plate bolt holes in the frame rail, I recommend using a large c-clamp to hold that trim plate tightly against the frame and then use the holes in that plate to drill your mounting holes. Even after using a punch to put a starter divot in the upper holes I was a bit nervous that my bit would walk away until I used the clamp. The pinch weld holes are simple to drill out. Overall the installation was not difficult for one person and these rails are incredibly solid. It only took about 3 weeks from order to delivery. The Stage II sliders definitely stick out far enough to comfortably use as a step rail, are completely rigid in regards to mounting to the body, and look fantastic.

#16 ·
Price $270
Pros Heavy duty
Cons Horrible tolerances
Recommended no

Comments: I can't stress just how difficult it was to install these. The instructions on JCR's site where great.
However the best instructions in the world can not make up for pieces that aren't made correctly.
The legs that attach to the "frame" where easily .25" too short. This meant that I had to rely on the self tapping screws to try and pull the arms closer to the uni-rails. There is still a gap at the bottom of the plate because I don't want to chance ripping the screws out.
So far, all of the JCR armor I have purchased has had some annoying fitment issues.
I will not be spending anymore money with them.

#17 ·
Price $400
Pros great coverage, solid, comes with hardware
Cons Some fitment issues
Recommended yes

Comments: Most used mod on my rig. Install was a pain due to the length of the mounting arms being a bit short and not quite meeting up to the frame.

#19 ·
Price $270
Pros Awesome, Great price, Strong and takes a beating.
Cons Takes a little to make them Fit.
Recommended yes

Comments: Awesome, Great price, Strong and takes a beating.

Order them, took 12 days for building, 3 days for shipping. Painted them and had them installed in 2 days.

#20 ·
Price $275
Pros Great fit. Welds are awesome
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Shipping was a little slow but considering the items are not made until they are ordered I didn't have a huge problem waiting (little over 2 weeks). Purchased on the pre-Black Friday sale, plus free shipping. Can't wait to add their bumpers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.