Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Iron Rock Offroad Manufacturing - IRO Budget Rocksliders for WJ

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Iron Rock Offroad Manufacturing - IRO Budget Rocksliders for WJ Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Iron Rock Offroad Manufacturing - IRO Budget Rocksliders for WJ

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $279.00
Average Price: $239.80
Manufacturer: Iron Rock Offroad Manufacturing
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.ironrockoffroad.com

From IRO's Website:

Protection and great looks for less cash. Just like our Premium Rock Sliders, without the round tube extending outward and upward. Instead we made the rectangular tube wider for excellent protection. Bolts directly to the pinch weld and the uni-frame. Carefully designed to be incredibly strong without adding excess weight. Powder coated semi-gloss black. Includes all necessary fasteners. Requires removal or trimming of plastic rocker panel cover on Laredo Models.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

fast540
fast540's Reviews
10-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: super beefy
Cons: broke a few self tappers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: these are an awsome addition and pay for themselves first time out

Planetcat
Planetcat's Reviews

02-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Beefy like steel 2x4's, solid connection points on pinch seam and frame. Great rocker protection for the price.
Cons: Heavy as Heck (about 80 lbs/pair) and stick out more than I expected.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Beefy like steel 2x4's, solid connection points on pinch seam and frame. Great rocker protection for the price. Heavy as Heck (about 80 lbs/pair) and stick out more than I expected.

405bp
405bp's Reviews
07-22-2011, 01:46 AM
Price: $289.00
Pros: heavy duty. good price.
Cons: paint not to good. shipping packaging not good. shipped two of the same side.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i bought these to replace the factory sliders. i like them better then the factory sliders. you will have to drill your pinch welds and uni-body. i made a template for the pinch weld holes that needed to be drilled. out of the 8 pinch weld holes i was able to freely loose bolt 5. the other three needed some persuasion. i used a ratchet strap to line up the remaining holes. the slider is secured to the uni-body via twelve self tapping screws. there are three attachment points. i flushed each backing plate bottom with the bottom of the uni-body using the floor jack for pressure and drilled. i was able to accomplish this task solely within 6hrs.

grayson
grayson's Reviews
07-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: saves my but almost every time i go out.
Cons: have to repaint them often.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: had to add and extra rung so they stick out even with the wheels, this is a much needed mod for this item

Planetcat
Planetcat's Reviews

07-24-2010, 01:30 AM
Price: $279.99
Pros: Great price. Very stout, lots of strong bolted anchor points, nice finish.
Cons: Very heavy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: IRO budget rocksliders are far from "budget". They are about the size of a thick steel 2x4 that run along the entire rocker panel. Eight grade-8 bolts attach to the pinch weld, 3 "arms" attach to the frame rails with 4 bolts each. They only stick out about 1" from the body, so they're nice and tucked away and provide a lot of protection underneath. The powdercoat finish is excellent as well. A little tricky to install, as aligning the holes for the pinch seam bolts is difficult for the fine threaded bolts. Directions are really detailed though. Great product. Highly recommended for any type of wheeling or rock crawling. Here's a pic of them installed: