Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Gen-Right Rock Sliders with tube step

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Gen-Right Rock Sliders with tube step Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Gen-Right Rock Sliders with tube step

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $450.00
Average Price: $347.19
Manufacturer: Gen-Right
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 1

This is the Gen-Right rocker protection for the Jeep TJ.

Protect the sides of your Jeep's tub with a set of the Heavy Duty Gen-Right Rocker Guards (also known as rock sliders).

Our design is 6" TALL and fits tight to the body for maximum protection. This model features our new super grip "dimple die" step, which is welded onto a 1-1/2" diameter x .120" thick steel tube as a side bar which sticks out 4.5". The tube is angled up about 15 degrees and sticks out the same distance as your flares, which is also perfect for use as a step.

Our design also gives up NO ground clearance (unlike others) and will not get hung up on trail obstacles!

Made from tough 3/16" thick steel, these rock sliders give you FULL protection from wheel well to wheel well (simply slide under your flares).

Each Rocker set includes all flush mount Stainless Steel hardware!

Includes a Powder Coated Satin Black finish.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

mtnmedic10
mtnmedic10's Reviews
04-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Excellent protection and very sturdy while maintaining functionality. Includes a step and very detailed instructions
Cons: You do have to form the tub of your jeep to this rocker (I.e. smashing the shit out of your tub to conform it)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very sharp looking rocker panels and I do like the step welded onto it very much. Hit against trees, rocks and cars and you just become amazed at what it can take.

jtrobe2
jtrobe2's Reviews
04-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Durable
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Would recommend them, if I had it to do over again I'd go aluminum though

ID10Tpig
ID10Tpig's Reviews
02-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Pros: Looks great, fender to fender coverage, strong.
Cons: Bottom mounts suck, genright put the wholes in weird places, didnt use the Rivnuts, couldnt figure them out.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great armor, gained alot of clearence compared to old step bars.

JeepnYJ
JeepnYJ's Reviews
02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Price: $399.99
Pros: Well made, fit and finish very good.
Cons: Came with spacers for the bottom - no idea where they go. Don't tie into frame/body mounts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome product and very stout. Only issue I had getting them installed was the instructions weren't to clear for the spacers and some bolts were too short.

mark422
mark422's Reviews
12-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: im happy

mike_dippert

hodophobic
mike_dippert's Reviews
10-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Beefy. Full length.
Cons: HEAVY
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fit was good. Powder coat was good. Instructions were good. They used a spacer underneath go keep the floor from collapsing when a couple of the bolts are tightened. Never had a problem with these. They stayed on the old Jeep when I sold it.

yukonblu
yukonblu's Reviews
10-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Pros: Very Solid and look badass
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very solid, look great, have not had a single issue with them. If your pickey like me when it comes to what you put on your jeep and what its gonna look like afterwards when installed. Dont worry, there gonna look badass i promise. Reccomend cutting fender flares to fit rockers under them, not cutting rockers themself.

USPcommando

USPcommando's Reviews

09-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Price: $379.00
Pros: Very stout, supports a lot of weight, comes powder coated
Cons: Have to peel their sticker off. My box was one Rivi-nut short.
Recommended? No

Comments: These are good sliders and are very well supported. I would keep mine if I wasn't going with another companies Hyline tube fenders. But since I am I'm changing.

robbijer
robbijer's Reviews
03-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Good quality, came powder coated, wheel to wheel caverage
Cons: Using nutserts for installation, sticker on product
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installation was a little difficult due to nutserts being a hassle. Very beefy once installed. Only thing I don't like about them is the company sticker on the side of them. The step works great to get in and out as well.

FireJeep540
FireJeep540's Reviews

07-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Pros: Good looks, great function
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All around great product.

lifeisgd
lifeisgd's Reviews
05-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Price: $425.00
Pros: Fit and installation
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent fit and easy installation. No bad things to say about any GENRIGHT PRODUCT I HAVE USED.

psyopsdm
psyopsdm's Reviews
07-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Price: $399.99
Pros: Great fit and finish, beefy as hell.
Cons: None found yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got them and bolted them on the same day. The only problem I had was figuring out how to use a Riv-nut. (Had never seen or heard of one before) They look great and are rock solid. Mine have the new dimple died step which works great for getting to the high parts of the jeep.
I bought these direct from Genright which was the least expensive route. I would just like to say that there assistance in helping me decide on what I wanted was excellent, as was there customer service and advice with the install. Genright offers a 5% military discount and I would like to commend them for this. They were awesome to deal with and I recommend them whole heartedly.

lukethedork
lukethedork's Reviews
06-02-2009, 03:15 AM
Price: $480.00
Pros: Look cool, and haven't broken yet.
Cons: Slight chipping of powdercoating on the TOP edge of the 3/16" plate.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sturdy rocker guards that have worked for me well so far. Hit a number of rocks and no dents, only scratches.
They don't extend under the vehicle as much as some others, but still plenty enough to provide the protection I need.
Only complaint is a small chipping of the powdercoating on the TOP edge of the 3/16" plate. It seems odd, as the only thing that would touch that is maybe my foot as I hop in and out of the Jeep.

D-Rob
D-Rob's Reviews

03-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Price: $270.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They have the tube step but that is not my model...it does look nice though. This is the same piece without the step. Slips right above my Olympic bars. Mostly to cover up body damage. Just put them on and getting used too. Looks nice though!

Gonewhln

Gonewhln's Reviews

02-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AWESOME........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ......................

GOLENJEEPTJ

Running Secretly Amok!
GOLENJEEPTJ's Reviews

11-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Pros: Pure Beef !
Cons: None that I have found
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the wheel well to wheel well protection! The step is great!

Twitchy

Twitchy's Reviews

08-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Perfect fit and execellent looks. They are strong and cover 3 inches of the underside.

Whybu1

Lets go Penguins!!!!
Whybu1's Reviews

07-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the integrated step and instal was very easy. Covers full length of side.