Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Body Armor Rockcrawler Side Guards

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Body Armor Rockcrawler Side Guards Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Body Armor Rockcrawler Side Guards

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $450.00
Average Price: $238.14
Manufacturer: Body Armor
Recommended?
Yes: 40 / No: 2

The Rockcrawler Side Guards are constructed of heavy 2"x 3" rectangle tube and feature an additional 2" x .120" wall round tubing "Kick-Out" extended protection. The side guards install easily to existing body mounts.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

del_TJ

del_TJ's Reviews
11-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Unique mounting design means no drilling into tub. Works great as a step unlike some tub mounted rails. Easy to remove for paint touch up.
Cons: The version of the rails I bought came with inferior/poor quality outer tubes that bend way too easily.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the way these rails mount up and work as a step. The first version I got was manufactured in China using too thin of an outer tube without the manufacturer's knowledge or approval. After only a few trail rides the outer tube began denting easily with only mild to moderate rock crawling, not doing anything extreme or crazy.

After a few phone calls and months of waiting, I received a beefier set of rails in the mail at no charge. The new beefier ones are similar to the older version of these rails and hold up much better to abuse. Body Armor gets a thumbs up since their customer service stepped up and handled this well.

I would recommend these rails if you don't want to drill 15 or 20 holes in your tub to install a body mounted set of rocker armor. Just make sure you don't happen to get the defective rails.

Here's pic of the defective set after some wheelin'.

Attachment 160878

tomandreann
tomandreann's Reviews
10-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Price: $219.00
Pros: great looking and performing, super easy to install
Cons: none so far, maybe that they only mount to body mounts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: we installed these along with smittybilt src front and rear bumpers and they match! the install was super easy, right to the body-to-frame mounts. no squeaking or bending, great step for getting in and out, get 'em when 4 wheel parts or 4wd have their 20% off sales or when body armor does their annual 40% off sale

ScottD06X

ScottD06X's Reviews
08-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Price: $229.00
Pros: Look fantastic, heavy construction and finish. Extend the entire length of the rocker and bolt to the frame
Cons: If installed with just existing hardware, they will squeak after a few months. This can be corrected by adding washers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The ones I purchase have a flat/matte textured coating. They fit perfectly with no adjustments. Simply remove 3 bolts that hold the body to the frame on each side and slide the rocker guards into place. They fit within the frame rails. Biggest challenge was getting the bottom rubber mount in the right location so it could be bolted back together. I would highly recommend that you go ahead and add 2 3/4 inch diameter, 1/8 thick flat washers between the side guards and the bottom rubber mount. This will cause the rubber mount to compress more after you torque the bolts back down to 20pounds. It will also cause the rails to be 1/4 inch lower (separated from the rocker) but also prevent the rails from making contact with the frame which is where the squeaking comes from.

Other than this minor adjustment - i love them. My passengers REALLY love them, especially those getting into the back seat because they have something to step on when getting in and out.

I would buy them again and recommend them to everyone.

AFjeepMan

AFjeepMan's Reviews

12-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Nice step for my shorter friends, strong and sturdy, seems durable, nice powdercoating, no drilling
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just bought these through body armor and bought a scratch and dent for 150 that came in PERFECT condition! I was able to install by myself and I definitely appreciated not having to drill my frame so that it will be easy to change down the road with no holes left behind. Seems like it would be a decent spot to use a hilift jack if need be, but I would do it slowly at first just to check. Overall, for 150 bucks I have no complaints and they seem great so far!

Edit: now that I have had these for a while I can say that I still love them, and it's easy to clean in between the guards and the body. I can't wait to get into some mud and get a real test.

Tyler99TJ
Tyler99TJ's Reviews
10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Price: $225.00
Pros: No drilling. Have a low step for people that use them.
Cons: Not really strong because it mounts to 3 body mount bolts. Its fine for me because I don't slam down on them.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these because they do not require drilling into the tub, so I could swap out later to a different rocker if needed. They have a full step that is about 3 inches lower than a tub mounted rocker, because it mount on the body mounts.

Ben_88Jeep
Vendor
Ben_88Jeep's Reviews

03-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product extremely durable... I would suggest powder coating the tubes for durability.

Jumphog
Jumphog's Reviews

01-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came with the Jeep, but they have held up very well. Very sturdy, and I have them bolted, not welded, to the frame. They do not sag or wobble, and provide a great foot step for my 6" lifted Jeep.

scottman

scottman's Reviews

12-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Price: $297.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bolt on installation. Well to well protection. Powder coated. Built-in step bar. Love em

hacabrera
hacabrera's Reviews

09-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AWESOME PRODUCT!!!

Simple and easy bolt-on, one person installation... Just as described...

They fit flawlessly in my LJ..

clarkjdg

clarkjdg's Reviews

06-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they were very heavy built and a very tough texture that was smoth to the touch very happy they were free with the purch of a front and rear bumper from 4WD

wallyb
wallyb's Reviews

06-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Price: $320.96
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Saved stock rocker guard trim with this body outriger mounting method. I can jack up the Jeep with a High Lift. I will update after Rubicon trip.
Update: Great product. Saved the rockers on our TJ's and work as pivot points on rocks. I scratched the paint
Applied 3M No Skid tape to the tube so I wouldn't fall on my radicatudiator!

Bogus1

Bogus1's Reviews

05-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Price: $370.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy Install, Does squeak a little, but Body Armor does provide guidance on how to shim with washers to get rid of squeak.

Here is a quick shot of them on my jeep (04 Rubicon)

Ichabod1960

Have Jeep, Will Travel
Ichabod1960's Reviews

05-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Pros: Easy to install, good coverage
Cons: Use the body mount bolts to mount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are a good set of starter rockers but don't look good if you have a body lift. I don't like that the rockers attach using the body mount bolts and that they do reduce the side clearance. That said, these were the first rockers I purchased for my LJ and they did their job. I don't use these rockers since I installed a body lift.

joejeep4
joejeep4's Reviews

05-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Price: $60.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gives the jeep some nice detailing that I wouldn't have had without it. Looks good, but that seems to be the only purpose.

becker21603

becker21603's Reviews

04-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: have arb sliders with rails, pain in the a$$ to put in but worth it

cj847
cj847's Reviews

04-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome guards. I have not been able to dent them even with the entire weight of the jeep banging rocks.

Parker1599

Parker1599's Reviews

03-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Price: $299.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't come in yet. 4wheel parts, more like 4week parts

jboom

jboom's Reviews

03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Price: $385.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Saved me a few times

default_user
It's a Roobicon
default_user's Reviews

02-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: sturdy construction that take a beating...easy install.

Kulae

Kulae's Reviews

12-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Price: $330.00
Pros: Nice and heavy, easy installation and tire to tire coverage
Cons: Maybe a little too heavy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got these from Quadratec on the buy the rear swing away get the rockers free.
Nice strong piece that has already taken a hit (stupid road side water hole ) and stood up like a champ. These don't come with the black diamond skid sides like in the picture and I would recommend getting some of those so you don't kick up your tube. I recommend!

Page 2 of 2 1 2