Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > Big Daddy Offroad 'Big Daddy Offroad Aluminum Rock Sliders in Black Powder Coat Finish'

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Big Daddy Offroad 'Big Daddy Offroad Aluminum Rock Sliders in Black Powder Coat Finish' Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

Big Daddy Offroad 'Big Daddy Offroad Aluminum Rock Sliders in Black Powder Coat Finish'

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $250.00
Average Price: $226.41
Manufacturer: Big Daddy Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 16 / No: 0

Big Daddy Offroad Aluminum Rock Sliders in Black Powder Coat Finish
see more like 'Big Daddy Offroad Aluminum Rock Sliders in Black Powder Coat Finish'

Price Range: $304.99 $314.99 Avg. Price: $312.49 Light weight designs have always been the superior design trend in motor sports and rock crawling should be no exception. Weight robs horsepower. These Rocker Guards weight only 14.9 lbs. each versus about 39 lbs. for comparable steel units. That’s less than half the weight while the ” 6061-T6 aluminum Rockers are 25% stronger than 3/16” steel. Features a continuous step along the top to aid in vehicle entry and exit. This stepped profile also doubles as extra side protection to keep the body... read more at quadratec.com

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

DoughBro

Tonka Tuff
DoughBro's Reviews
03-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Price: $269.00
Pros: Thick metal nice powdercoat the little lip is better at keeping mud off the body than normal tube styles
Cons: a couple bolts didn't fit quite right instructions leave a lot to the imagination
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the steel instead of the aluminum after a friend with the alum ones recommended steel. They were on back order for 4wheelparts and when they arrived they were beat up on the edges a little. I ended up having to cut them up a little to accommodate for my metalcloak rear fenders (I'll have to cut more when I get fronts) but that was expected for me. They are beefy and have solid welds. you may have to grind some parts of the welds down to make it sit flush on the body. again, no biggie. 3 bolts weren't long enough but I was able to switch them around and get a couple longer ones and it was fine.

SunnyYJ
SunnyYJ's Reviews
02-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: light. nice and thick
Cons: no frame mount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love how thick this thing is. had it for 2yrs and powdercoat is still holding up to ohio salty winters. awesome

cjmack21
cjmack21's Reviews
01-23-2013, 12:31 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Stout
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tough and easy to put on. Just get over your fear of drilling holes in the body of your Jeep!

Nadamamasboy

Nadamamasboy's Reviews
09-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Nice & light
Cons: fit was a little long with stock fender flares
Recommended? Yes

Comments: looks great & keeps the splatter off the side of my Jeep

7jeeps7kings
7jeeps7kings's Reviews
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: great protection
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this is a great product. there are a ton of rock sliders out there and big daddy has the best. this product looks like it could have came factory. And it adds a step to help you get into and out of your jeep.

Weelz
Weelz's Reviews
06-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Aluminum. Lightweight. Look good. Decent protection.
Cons: Came as raw aluminum hard to paint. "Step" is not a step. Hardware wasn't complete. Instructions were limited.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As mentioned above, the "step" is not a step--it's too narrow. But the install is relativey easy. Had to use an ATV lift to hold the guard to the side of the tub while measuring and marking the holes for mounting. Hardware wasn't up to snuff--it was missing a few items, inclulding "pucks" for the bottom mounting points (the thick washers that hold the guards at the correct distance off the bottom of the tub). Instructions weren't 100% accurate and could use some pictures, but overall, it's not hard to install rocker guards!

deerkilla4500
deerkilla4500's Reviews
07-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Good rock protection
Cons: Don't really add a step
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really strong sliders (but not too heavy) but they don't really add a step which would be nice..

Gunner5360

Gunner5360's Reviews
11-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Pros: Very sturdy, Great weight, thick powder coating.
Cons: didn't come with a gasket
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are great I have been pounding on them for awhile and they haven't shown any wear yet

rybo

rybo's Reviews
10-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Pros: bought the steel version
Cons: Heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install. Did it myself, didn't have a problem

NORCALROOTS

NORCALROOTS's Reviews
09-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Price: $254.59
Pros: Great looking. Very light. Made it through the Rubicon Trail with Jeep Jamboree and they held up great!
Cons: Directions for install were terrible. Highly recommend only loosening the fender flares vs. removing all toghether.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Be sure to shop around for this item. You can find places that are tax free and will ship for free if you hunt long enough!

bjallenx

bjallenx's Reviews
09-24-2009, 11:55 PM
Pros: Light weight and don't rust.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They are light weight and they don't rust when I scratch them up. The down side to them is they scratch easier than steel so if you are going to do a lot of actual sliding on them you'll notice it a lot more.

jeephildo
jeephildo's Reviews
05-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: light
Cons: step is not big enough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product very light and durable. Paint flakes of easily

JeepDoo

JeepDoo's Reviews

01-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Big Daddy Offroad 'Big Daddy Offroad Aluminum Rock Sliders in Black Powder Coat Finish'
Pros: Good quality paint, very easy install, they work just as good as they look, dam* good
Cons: Step is not nearly wide enough to call a STEP, its more of a LIP
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would give these things a 10, but the step is useless, its barely wide enough to stand on, not even close to giving better access to my lifted jeep. But other than that i would say they are the best rocker guards on the market. They are super light but still feel very sturdy being a quarter inch thick aluminum. I bashed them on a couple of rocks and logs last weekend and no scratches or dings. Cant beat the price too, i payed 280$ shipped!!!

conifers4

conifers4's Reviews

11-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: so far,so good. seems strong, finish is good ,install went smoothly, we'll see what happens up against a rock or tree

melicksf
melicksf's Reviews

08-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Look great, and super easy to install. Other than having to drill 14 holes in the body of my TJ, I have no complaints at all. Mine even had a chip on the corner of one, and Big Daddy took care of it. Great Service and Great Product.

BENGRFF
BENGRFF's Reviews

08-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Price: $99.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They've been on the jeep for about 4 months, they hold up extremely well, and look great too.