Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Rocker Guards > AJs Offroad Armor XJ SuperRails

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

AJs Offroad Armor XJ SuperRails Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Rocker Guards Next Product

AJs Offroad Armor XJ SuperRails

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,111.00
Average Price: $300.83
Manufacturer: AJs Offroad Armor
Recommended?
Yes: 12 / No: 0

These are a must-have item for anybody who wheels their XJ on the rocks.

Very solid construction, mounting to the framerails, leaf spring hangar and the pinch seam for very strong mounting and adds a little stiffness to the body.

3/16" wall steel allow these rails to take a good hit and not bend like the cheap nerf bars. The SuperRails have a tube extension on the 2x2" box rails to help protect the doors, adds a step, a strong hilift jack point and help prevent mall-crawling dings.

http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/Rockrails/rockrails.html

Tags
cherokee

Login or Register to Add Review

andrij13
andrij13's Reviews
03-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: stout, beefy.
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have yet to really smash it on some rocks, but they just look great, and give me piece of mind

Avor

Avor's Reviews
08-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Pros: Good design, good fit. Comes with drill bit so you receive almost everything you need.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Product was shipped as advertised, within 7-10 business days. Product arrived with both pieces bound in plastic wrap. UPS had nicked one of the bumpers during shipping and I filed the area down.

Installation was straightforward. Be sure to have someone help hold these up when marking where to drill - I used white out to dot the centers. The supplied drill bit was a welcome addition and it kept it's edge for all the drilling we needed to do. I will be getting the mounting points welded eventually so there's a stronger attachment to the frame.

Product fit is perfect ... no manipulation was required!

noel86
noel86's Reviews
08-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: jnkwfnow
Cons: 2km2olr2
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 3lmro2pkr12pjf1ji jnfo2i1f jkwfn nmqefq qnfeq qn mdk eoomw mqdod kmdkdm kqddqk kediqij kdjm1

tupton
tupton's Reviews

02-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I cannot say enough good things about AJ and his products. I have abused these things on the rocks and they have performed flawlessly. A++++

Deadman 94 xj
Deadman 94 xj's Reviews

11-26-2008, 06:02 AM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These things are SOLID. I've slammed them down HARD with no issue. They act as pivots in the east coast trails. I would highly recomend.

chrisja77
chrisja77's Reviews

10-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Easy to install and provides tons of protection. I would deffinitely recommend to anyone interested.

CG98XJ
CG98XJ's Reviews

06-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Price: $284.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: GREAT RAILS. ORDERED THEM AND WERE AT MY DOOR IN ABOUT A WEEK. GREAT PRICE TOO.

av8tr

av8tr's Reviews

04-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Price: $285.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install. Make sure you mount them before you paint. Kit did not come with instructions that told you what size to drill for self tapping bolts.

prlasher
prlasher's Reviews

04-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Love the look and solid construction!

Cherokeegrrl
Cherokeegrrl's Reviews

03-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Price: $1,111.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Top quality kick-*** HD sliders. Worth the price several times over.

dreadhead
dreadhead's Reviews

03-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Price: $225.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like them alot. They are real sturdy and will hold up to alot.

whatevah
whatevah's Reviews

07-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Price: $225.00
Pros: strength, ease of installation, cost
Cons: comes unpainted (not really a con)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are awesome rails, really abused them the first time out. Scratches are obvious underneath but no dents! Without the rails, I would need new rocker panels and doors. Plus, they give a good hilift jacking point. I've also had 200lb guys jumping on them without anything breaking loose or bending thanks to the extra mounting points on the pinch seam.

They come unpainted, but given their size and weight, the powdercoating would be knocked off by the time UPS delivers them anyhow. I used Rustoleum Hammered paint and it's holding up fine after two months even though I step on them every day.

FWIW, I was helped by a guy who has JCR Stage 2 rails, and he said these were a lot easier to install. I was working when he installed his rails, so I dunno if that's true or not.