Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Skid Plates > Warn 65020 Engine Skid (6-cyl)

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Warn 65020 Engine Skid (6-cyl) Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Skid Plates Next Product

Warn 65020 Engine Skid (6-cyl)

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $150.00
Average Price: $140.00
Manufacturer: Warn
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 5

Warn Oil Pan Skid Plate for Jeep Warngler TJ 1997-03 6CYL (Excludes Rubicon Model) -- The unique design virtually eliminates rust creating welds. The skid plate is a bolt on design with a frame attachmetn bracket that allows drive shaft travel. It also means easy conversion from a stock to lifted vehicle. Made from 1/8 in. and 3/8 in. steel and black powder coated.

Slightly lighter weight than most competitor's skids, this skid is not suggested for hardcore rock crawling. However, MOST users will find it serves well to protect against normal dings and potential damage.

Provides excellent value for those seeking moderate bolt on protection.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

mgbfast3rthanu
mgbfast3rthanu's Reviews
12-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Price: $190.00
Pros: Sturdy construction, mounts to frame instead of engine (Always a plus)
Cons: Difficult installation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very satisfied with this skid, as I have been with most Warn Products. Only issue with it was the installation. It is a very heavy and so sturdy that you can't flex it at all during installation, in which case, many things are difficult to line up, and difficult to get tools to. However, I did the install in my driveway, so anyone with a carlift will have less trouble than I did. Very good skid otherwise. Thicker than most others on the market, and eliminates my worries of stressing the engine mounts since it installs to the frame.

Vince Greva
Vince Greva's Reviews
10-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Price: $185.00
Pros: easy install, fair protection
Cons: possible contact with drive shaft
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this as part of a purchase package from my dealer. The drive shaft can make contact with the mounting tab on the driver's side if the vehicle is not lifted. Once lifted, there's plenty of room. Oil changes are messy unless you use some rags to shield the oil from pouring into the skid pan.

theducksguts

theducksguts's Reviews
05-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Lower cost, not all that difficult to install, minimizes the shovel effect
Cons: 1/8" steel, front DS sometimes could contact the mount depending on your lift, is a skid plate, that is about all it's good for. skidding.
Recommended? No

Comments: Your money is better spent on the Skid Row engine skid or a high end skid like Rokmen, or UCF.

It isn't horrible and does what it needs to do. It just isn't as stout as most of the other options. It will bend if you come down hard but in the end it will protect your oil pan and transmission more than nothing at all.

rybo

rybo's Reviews
10-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Nice product. well made
Cons: a little thin, hard to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product for the price. Hard to install, had to get creative with jacks to line up the axels

Mayfair_Jeeper

Mayfair_Jeeper's Reviews

04-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Price: $40.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: thin metal, but again, for the price i paid, it gives me a little more protection that what I had.

BIGET
BIGET's Reviews

10-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: factory stock lasted two trips, this one is well worth it. Protects from front of engine to center belly pan. transmission, engine, everything nice and armored.

NBFarmboy

NBFarmboy's Reviews

08-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Price: $75.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice Plate, but it scratches really easy, i light rub with a penny takes of paint

EvilSpock

EvilSpock's Reviews

05-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? No

Comments: Sucks, front drive line hits on hoop when flexing.

PullMeSideways

PullMeSideways's Reviews

03-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Price: $110.00
Recommended? No

Comments: Too thin, but will protect your oil pan and tranny, the problem is you will have to take it off a couple times a year to try to pound the thing straight again.

BaddAndy
BaddAndy's Reviews

10-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Pros: Full coverage
Cons: Bends easily
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got mine used in near-new condition. Will not support weight of Jeep, definately just a "skid" plate

cb19950
cb19950's Reviews

09-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Pros: Cheap, gets the job done
Cons: bends and have to pull it to get to motor
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It gets the job done but if its bent it is REALLY hard to install it.,..takes two with tons of cuss words to go along with it.

ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ's Reviews

08-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Price: $110.00
Pros: I like how it reduces the "shovel" effect of the transfer case skid.
Cons: Bends kind of easy.
Recommended? No

Comments: It's not a bad skid but if you wan to do it right I would look at a heavier more expensive option. I will provide protection and I guess that's the most important thing.

wahoojeep

wahoojeep's Reviews

08-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Pros: Better than no skid
Cons: Thin, bends easily, rusts
Recommended? No

Comments: I installed this skid without researching. I thought because it was made by Warn it would be solid. Mine was bent badly and started to rust within a year. Better than nothing, but will not hold up to rocks. Will probably protect you fine in the mall parking lot.

RedefinedTJ
RedefinedTJ's Reviews

08-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Not a bad price, easy install, protects all the important stuff
Cons: they bend, still protect everything, but once it is bent you cant fix it, also wont fit Rubicon
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine has taken several huge hits, and I have not seen any damage yet to the oil pan. Mine has a nice bend in it, but no problems with protection.