Product Information
Price $170
Rating 4
Average Price $339.04
Manufacturer UCF
Recommended Yes: 46 / No: 1
Company website undercoverfab.com

HD Transfer Case Skid Plate for '97-'06 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Some people call these "belly-pans" and others call them "tummy-tuckers". Fit Jeeps with standard or automatic transmissions.

It is made from 3/16" thick carbon steel plate. The parts were designed in 3D CAD software and laser cut then bent on a CNC press brake for a perfect fit every time.

The transfer case skid is reinforced in the middle of the skid from one side to the other with a stiffening channel/transmission mount. The front and rear edges are ramped to aid in sliding over obstacles. It will increase ground clearance by about 2" over the factory skid plate. The total height of this system is about 2".

We recommend that you have at least a 1" body lift to install this skid plate with no body/transfer case vibration issues.

This product listing does not include the transmission pan skid plate.

Mounting hardware not included. Shipped UPS in bare steel.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Price $200
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Custom Transfer Case Skid Plate

Skids
Front end skid, LCA skids, raised cross member with integrated transfer case and cat-converter skid.
Gas tank skid
Rock bars.

#4 ·
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Custom Transfer Case Skid Plate

keeps transfer case protected well

#9 ·
Price $1
Pros integrated with the transmissions skid
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Single bellyup plate for both trans and Tcase protection, trans mount has it's own support

#10 ·
Price $189
Pros Price, design
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: With all the other belly up skids being in the $350 to $400 range, the UCF skid is a screaming deal. Skid is very well made, welds are good. You need a BL, and a transfer case shifter bracket to make the install go smooth. Overall great product and great customer service.

#11 ·
Price $210
Pros Nice price. Matt added some drain holes for me for nominal charge. Welds look solid
Cons Lots of Weld splatter. This was an early production model and was prior to UFC being around.
Recommended yes

Comments: Product is solid. Matt is an awsome guy willing to assist in any way. Loves fabing, and will modify the product to make you happy. Made in the USA ain't bad either.

#14 ·
Price $209
Pros excellent
Cons none..
Recommended yes

Comments: Very heavy duty and gave me that extra clearance that is needed especially when you have a shovel for a factory skid.

#17 ·
Price $200
Pros Very solid construction, have beat the heck out of this skid and it takes everything I can give it.
Cons The only minor con I have is the mounting surface of the skid should be countersunk to allow it to sit flush against the frame rails. The factory rivnuts stick out a bit leaving about a 16th" gap between the frame and skid. Once again, this is only a minor con, and would not sway my mind if I were to buy another UCF skid.
Recommended yes

Comments: I absolutely love this skid. I wanted to try the aluminum version, but I scored the steel version used for a great price. I have had the full weight of the Jeep on this skid many times and it always takes the beating. Has not deformed like the factory skid. Much stronger, not a shovel, and slides over everything I can imagine driving over. Highly recommended.

#19 ·
Price $350
Rating 5
Pros Very lightweight and heavy duty. Awesome construction and welding. Bolted right in by myself in a couple of hours. Matt was very helpful with shifter issue. Incredible product for the price!
Cons Had to mod fan shroud and drop with 1/8" spacers to get into 4LO.
Recommended yes

Comments: While searching for a TT for the TJ without lift I found UCF. The price was excellent considering the competition. It was a very easy bolt in even though I had to mod the shroud and drop for 4LO to engage.

It added over 1" of break-center height on our stock TJ! This is the easiest and best built tuck on the market!

Call Matt, he will treat you well! Love my UCF tuck!! :2thumbsup:

#21 ·
Price $280
Pros Heavy Strong
Cons Umm....
Recommended yes

Comments: If it got destroyed... (not sure HOW it could be...Nuke...) I would buy again!

#22 ·
Price $134
Pros Light Weight, Heavy Duty, High Clearance

AMERICAN MADE!!!
Cons interior will get hotter due to the exhaust and tranny being closer to the body but it is not unbearable
none in my opinion
at least 1" body lift required but the amount of clearance gained is worth it 10fold
Recommended yes

Comments: For the amount of worked needed to put this skid plate on, the amount of satisfaction is unbelievable, i already had all the prerequisites so it was a simple skid swap for me, wow awesome product
at least a 1" bodylift and slip yoke eliminator with cv driveshaft needed
1" motor mount recommended

#23 ·
Price $1
Pros i honestly forget the price. i ordered the body lift, motor mount lift, lopro mount, ultra high clearance t-case skid and engine skid, all in the 3/8" aluminum..this is absolutely amazing, can take a beating, and looks great
Cons nothing
Recommended yes

Comments: everything about it is great including customer service. i honestly forget the price. i ordered the body lift, motor mount lift, lopro mount, ultra high clearance t-case skid and engine skid, all in the 3/8" aluminum..this is absolutely amazing, can take a beating, and looks great. UCF is great to deal with.

#24 ·
Price $300
Pros Very small. Give you the highest ground clearance of all i researched and found for a damn good price
Cons Makes it tricky to get the linkage on the t-case right with it shoved so far up in there.
Recommended yes

Comments: Real simple to install. I went with the one inch deep that calls for one and a half inch ++ body lift with only doing a tiny bit less than one inch BL and no clearancing. I wish i had the money for the cable T-Case linkage and there was no links to adjust for that piece cause it is hard with it crammed way up. exaughst rattles a tad but i dont care. awesome skid and great price.

#25 ·
Price $800
Pros Pretty easy install. Lightweight.
Cons Not cheap.
Recommended yes

Comments: This if for both the engine skid, the ultra-high clearance transfer case skid and the lowpro transmission mount. Great products. Install instructions were a little vague/inaccurate in some ways. For example, I didn't need to cut my exhaust hanger, though that step was in the instructions.

#26 ·
Price $265
Pros UCF, awesome quality
Cons Heavy Exhaust, Mount, Body, transfer case linkage modifications.
Recommended yes

Comments: If you are ready to get rid of the shovel have the following ready before you install this.
Prep work, Paint 20
1 inch body lift, 1 inch Motor mount lift 200
UCF skid 260
upper/lower adjustable control arms (Rokmen) 600
JKS Track Bar and CV bracket 250
Novak shifter cable 160
1350 Double Cardan Driveshaft 400
Shock mount cut/reweld Free, I have a welder (50-100 for a shop)
Welder, Air Tools, Misc Tools, Angle Finder, etc. Time to get it just right.
Flip Rotate Rubicon Motors under Jeep, custom mount.

Figure 2000 bucks to get it done with Good parts, you can do it less but dont cheap out on parts, you will just have to do it again when they fail or dont line up right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.