Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Skid Plates > Skyjacker High Clearance Skid Plate model # SP28

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Skyjacker High Clearance Skid Plate model # SP28 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Skid Plates Next Product

Skyjacker High Clearance Skid Plate model # SP28

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

Average Price: $301.00
Manufacturer: Skyjacker
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0

High Clearance skid plates are made of 3/16 steel with formed and gusseted corners. Not only do these skid plates increase ground clearance, but also provide a smooth surface to slide over obstacles with

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

noise_maker

noise_maker's Reviews
03-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: easy install, good price, especially on free shipping day
Cons: kinda heavy but at the time of purchase no aluminum skids existed for early model tjs. Also there is a small lip on the outside of the frame that is going to collect salt and debree.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed easy and there are no clearance issues.
The instructions leave a bit to be desired if you are installing for a 32rh though There are extra parts that come in the kit (for use on manual TJs and Rubicons) that from the instructions its not clear you should use.

The finish is great on this product.

Contrary to the instructions the t-case shifter kit is not required

BecauseICan
BecauseICan's Reviews
09-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Price: $310.00
Pros: Cheap, it works, more clearance gain than advertised (3.25"), powder coated
Cons: NOT made for manual transmissions, powder coat chipping, needs slight modification.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ONLY FOR AUTOMATICS! Quadratec's website didn't mention this when I bought it (though everyone else did... oops), and Skyjacker's website doesn't even show that they make TT's. Anyways, I mad it fit my manual transmission with only minor modifications, and it eventually bolted into place with MORE clearance gain than advertised. Haven't hit anything with it yet, but it has a flat bottom, so I should slide right across. It doesn't have an angled front, so it will still "scoop", but you'll have to be buried past the axles for that to ever happen.

Some of the websites show that it is some golden metallic color, but mine arrived with black powder-coating, which I'm not going to complain about. Who want's bling under their vehicle anyways? The powder coat was chipping off of the edges right out of the box. I don't care, as it's under the vehicle and meant to be hit by rocks, but it does show poor quality control. But hey, as the cheapest one on the market, it works fine.

mobyjeep

mobyjeep's Reviews
07-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Price: $295.00
Pros: Very flat skid, good fit
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Fits well, requires the usual TT mods of 1"BL, 1" MML and CV shaft

brunosplace

brunosplace's Reviews

05-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Good welds, nice fit, no problems!!
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice high clearance skid (tummy tuck / belly up) for the money. I modified mine to install it without a body lift. Very good build quality, all holes lined up as they should. Nice increase in ground clearance.