Skyjacker High Clearance Skid Plate model # SP28

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  noise_maker 
#1 ·
Product Information
Rating 5
Average Price $301
Manufacturer Skyjacker
Recommended Yes: 4 / No: 0

High Clearance skid plates are made of 3/16 steel with formed and gusseted corners. Not only do these skid plates increase ground clearance, but also provide a smooth surface to slide over obstacles with

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $300
Rating 5
Pros Good welds, nice fit, no problems!!
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Very nice high clearance skid (tummy tuck / belly up) for the money. I modified mine to install it without a body lift. Very good build quality, all holes lined up as they should. Nice increase in ground clearance. :2thumbsup:

#4 ·
Price $310
Pros Cheap, it works, more clearance gain than advertised (3.25"), powder coated
Cons NOT made for manual transmissions, powder coat chipping, needs slight modification.
Recommended yes

Comments: ONLY FOR AUTOMATICS! Quadratec's website didn't mention this when I bought it (though everyone else did... oops), and Skyjacker's website doesn't even show that they make TT's. Anyways, I mad it fit my manual transmission with only minor modifications, and it eventually bolted into place with MORE clearance gain than advertised. Haven't hit anything with it yet, but it has a flat bottom, so I should slide right across. It doesn't have an angled front, so it will still "scoop", but you'll have to be buried past the axles for that to ever happen.

Some of the websites show that it is some golden metallic color, but mine arrived with black powder-coating, which I'm not going to complain about. Who want's bling under their vehicle anyways? The powder coat was chipping off of the edges right out of the box. I don't care, as it's under the vehicle and meant to be hit by rocks, but it does show poor quality control. But hey, as the cheapest one on the market, it works fine.

#5 ·
Price $299
Pros easy install, good price, especially on free shipping day
Cons kinda heavy but at the time of purchase no aluminum skids existed for early model tjs.

Also there is a small lip on the outside of the frame that is going to collect salt and debree.
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed easy and there are no clearance issues.
The instructions leave a bit to be desired if you are installing for a 32rh though There are extra parts that come in the kit (for use on manual TJs and Rubicons) that from the instructions its not clear you should use.

The finish is great on this product.

Contrary to the instructions the t-case shifter kit is not required

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.