Average Price $113.45
Manufacturer Skid Row
Recommended Yes: 12 / No: 0

For Jeeps with Dana 30 or 44 Front Axle and Coil Springs

-1997-2006 TJ Wrangler, including Rubicon and Unlimited
-1984-2001 XJ Cherokee,
-1986-1992 MJ Comanche,
-1993-1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee

These skid plates are completely bolt-on and protect the mounting tabs of the lower control arms on the Dana 30 or 44 front axle. Why does this matter? Simply because the mounting tabs are among the first parts to hit the rocks and they are pretty easily damaged. They're made of surprisingly thin material and we've seen and heard of them being literally torn off while wheeling.

A set includes one skid plate for the left side and another for the right, as well as all mounting hardware and easy to follow instructions.

Another benefit to having bolt-on skids is that you can move them from one vehicle to another. For example, if you sell your Jeep or it gets wrecked, the skids can be removed and put on your next Jeep.....if it's one of the models they fit, of course. We've had several customers do this and they LOVED not having to pay someone to weld on another set.

These skid plates are built to take a beating! They are made from 1/4" steel plate and use custom-made, grade 5 U-bolts and carriage bolts to mount them to the axle. They fit tight against the sway bar mounting tab on one side and up against the axle housing on the other side. The are also attached using the control arm mounting bolt so there's no way they'll rotate.

These skids are designed to fit with stock or aftermarket control arms and will work with virtually any aftermarket track bar. We've redesigned the passenger side skid to create more clearance for the larger track bars that several companies are now making.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Rating 5
Pros Very easy install / direct bolt on / no welding
Recommended yes

Comments: These control arm skids are a must have if you plan on doing any rock crawling. They are a nice bolt on option to protect your control arms from taking a beating. These were installed in under 3 minutes with a simple set of sockets and crescent wrenches.

I have had mine on for just over a year and they have taken a beating. The powder coating hasn't held up for obvious reasons, but its better the paint goes then having to have a new control arm mount welded on and a new control arm installed...

#5 ·
Price $120
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Skid Row's LCA skid save me several times. I like this design better than the weld on because it's more robust and provides solid protection. Wish they had one for rear LCA.

#6 ·
Price $100
Pros bolt on, very stout
Cons uses control arm bolt with requires 130 Ft/LB torque to replace
Recommended yes

Comments: very stout and provide excellent jack point for front axle.

#7 ·
Price $125
Pros 3/16" plate, easy install, great protection for a stock set-up.
Cons Had to open up control arm bolt due to PC.
Recommended yes

Comments: Nice, simple product. Ease of mind protection for those LCA mounts. Esp for those on a stock set-up.

#8 ·
Price $115
Pros very thick steel plate. easy to install (hell, if I can do it YOU can do it)
Cons wish it covered the entire bottom of the control arm. other than that, none.
Recommended yes

Comments: Works with stock or aftermarket control arms. a little pricey, but well designed and very heavy duty!
Plus no welding! Can be transferred to your next Jeep.

#10 ·
Price $125
Pros Thick steel
Cons Cannot think of any now
Recommended yes

Comments: These Skid Row control arm skid plates seem quite cool. I haven't had to test them out yet to see if they really work, but I'm sure they will do a great job.

#11 ·
Price $25
Pros They will save you on rough terrain
Cons Bolts have to be cut down after installation
Recommended yes

Comments: These skids are very easy to install. They're perfect for no welders. The only down side is you have to cut off the bolt excess after installation. I would definitely recommend these skids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.