Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Skid Plates > Skid Row JP - 0009 Engine & Transmission Skid Plate

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Skid Row JP - 0009 Engine & Transmission Skid Plate Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Skid Plates Next Product

Skid Row JP - 0009 Engine & Transmission Skid Plate

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

Average Price: $273.75
Manufacturer: Skid Row
Recommended?
Yes: 4 / No: 0

Skid RowĘs Tellico Tough Engine Skid Plates require no vehicle modifications and are specifically designed to work with or without a suspension lift. This gives you the protection you need when you're starting out with a stock height vehicle that puts your oil pan closest to the rocks. These skid plates are made of 3/16ö thick steel and are powder-coated semi-gloss black for a durable & attractive finish. Skid Row has also included an Oil Drain Hole, so changing your oil is still a snap. Engine plates mount solidly to the Jeep's frame & are specially designed for easy bolt-up installation with no drilling.
Limited Warranty.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

XJsportG

XJsportG's Reviews
04-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Price: $290.00
Pros: Thick Easy to install Can still change oil Flat stomach
Cons: Hits the down pipe and inner transmission tunnel
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed this after slipping off a rock and denting my tranny pan. Many don't think they need this but after denting my pan I thought I should get it. It has saved me many times before and I like have a flat bottom and not be afraid to slide across obstacles.

awillard69

awillard69's Reviews
08-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Price: $259.00
Pros: Easy install, heavy duty construction.
Cons: None noted so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was surprised with the sturdiness of the skid plate. Installation was simple and direct; except that I had to reverse the lower control arm bolt on the passenger side.

I now have protection for the trans and oil pan and don't worry about doing damage when I bottom out, and since it clamps on to the stock transfer case skid plate, the shovel effect is minimized, making a nice transition when I break over an edge.

timberwolf0122

Web Wheeler
timberwolf0122's Reviews
01-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Price: $259.99
Pros: Really solid, strong design. It covers the whole oil sum and transmission and was easy to install.
Cons: Really minor thing but the diamond cut out in the pan could do with being 1/4 further back, its a really minor thing almost not worth mentioning.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've yet to test it off road but it is strong enough to jack the jeep up on and to be quite frank I can't see anything punching though steel this thick.

the4x4cowboy
the4x4cowboy's Reviews
07-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Price: $286.00
Pros: Heavy Duty
Cons: Uses lower control arm bolt and nut
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Heavy duty, 1/4 inch thick steel, convenient oil drain plug opening. Uses lower control arm bolt and nut to mount, which is annoying to try and get a wrench on the inside of the plate to tighten the bolt, easier to weld on a nut to skid plate.