Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Skid Plates > Skid Row Engine & Transmission skid

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Skid Row Engine & Transmission skid Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Skid Plates Next Product

Skid Row Engine & Transmission skid

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $325.00
Average Price: $230.20
Manufacturer: Skid Row
Recommended?
Yes: 53 / No: 0

These skid plates are made from 1/4" thick steel and reinforced with 1/4" angle to provide beefy protection for your engine's oil pan and your transmission. Installation is quick and easy and only requires drilling of two holes to attach the rear of our skid plate to whatever transfer case skid plate you are using. There is even an oil drain hole so that you can perform your regular maintenance without removing the skid plate. Take a look at the pictures below!

We provide carriage bolts to attach our skid plate to the transfer case skid plate. Why not use counter sunk bolts? Simply because we've had problems removing counter sunk bolts after they've been run over rocks a few times. Metal always seems to get pushed into the recessed hex. Also, once a little rust gets into the threads, getting enough torque to break them loose without stripping out the hex can be VERY difficult to say the least! We've had to drill countersunk bolts out in the past and can't say we were happy about it. By using carriage bolts the bottom is smoother than with a hex head bolt and there is a nut on top that you can get a wrench or socket onto. We've found that we like carriage bolts much better.

1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wranglers
including Rubicon and Unlimited
with Long Arm Suspensions

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

FutureJK

FutureJK's Reviews

12-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Price: $260.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: purchased on the recommendation of JF over the Rusty's skid. Great skid for the price and the peace of mind on the trail is great.

erickpl

erickpl's Reviews

11-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Why do I need 75 characters to provide a review? I Just want to list em. Adding characters to shut this thing up.

dmstumpf
dmstumpf's Reviews

11-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed on Jeep upon purchase. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Will need to crash into some rocks to say for sure. Fits well.

jeep94yj
jeep94yj's Reviews

09-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This has had a lot of abuse over the years, but has done it's job well in protecting the oil pan. would not leave home without it.

C2kraft

C2kraft's Reviews

07-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great skid plate. I feel very confident with it under my oil pan. Only ever seen pictures online of someone who bent theirs.
Taking the skid on and off when working around the jeep is a pain, but the protection is worth it.

KUK9

KUK9's Reviews

07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good overall skid. Would like to see a little bit better mounting to existing skids, but it's adequate.

xeneau
xeneau's Reviews

07-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Price: $240.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Solid piece of work and does what it
says. Even bolts right up to the
stock shovel.

badsparky
badsparky's Reviews

07-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome product - since I don't have much lift, my XJ depends on this to slide over a lot of stuff. It keeps my vital parts safe.

Si1ver03Rubicon

Si1ver03Rubicon's Reviews

06-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Price: $80.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product! Excellent product!

Thunderstrike

Web Wheeler
Thunderstrike's Reviews

06-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Price: $325.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This skid is better than Rusty's engine skid. I removed Rusty's because the mounting cross bar was rubbing muffler and would not fit right. The skid came without mounting kits so I had to call skid Row who was great overnighting missing parts; not their fault -- as I bought it from a reseller. I had hard time locating a store with one in stock. Excellent customer support from Skid Row. I was leaving for Moab the following week, so Skid Row overnighted missing parts and did not charge anything at all. They stand behind their products.

SamPsychoWise

SamPsychoWise's Reviews

06-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: k

vegas TJ driver

Red Jeep Club Member #462
vegas TJ driver's Reviews

05-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Price: $280.14
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easiest aftermarket product I have installed so far. I installed it in about two hours.

hocgreen
hocgreen's Reviews

05-13-2008, 01:44 AM
Price: $185.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Does the job it is supposed to and is in the moderate price range. With some drilling required, and some modifications made to fit, I have slid on everything from a concrete divider to tree trunks

XTC Jpr13

XTC Jpr13's Reviews

05-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent skid plate. Protects the underside very well. takes a beating and holds up well. can be modified to sit high and give more clearance under the skid!

default_user
It's a Roobicon
default_user's Reviews

05-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product, heavy duty and should provide great protection to the tranny and oil pan...not a bad install, but definitely easier with an extra set of hands.

blatod
blatod's Reviews

05-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well made, high quality .................................................. .......................

jersey89yj
jersey89yj's Reviews

05-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Price: $225.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent quality and durability, very easy install. the only issue is that the YJ version are all made for a 4.0L, I have a 4.2L and the oil drain hole is too far off. I have to remove skid to change oil.

keithkeith
keithkeith's Reviews

04-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: takes a beatingtakes a beatingtakes a beatingtakes a beatingtakes a beatingtakes a beatingtakes a beating

RUNIT

RUNIT's Reviews

04-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: beefy

asa

asa's Reviews

04-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Recommended? Yes