Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Skid Plates > Rokmen Gas Tank Skid

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Rokmen Gas Tank Skid Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Skid Plates Next Product

Rokmen Gas Tank Skid

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $264.99
Average Price: $232.10
Manufacturer: Rokmen
Recommended?
Yes: 33 / No: 0

The ROKMEN gas tank skid plate protects your stock gas tank and gives you the piece of mind needed to attack the toughest of obstacles. At the same time it increases your ground clearance by 1 1/2" inches overall and 1" at the dimple over stock.

ROKMEN is the first to offer a formed dimple in the bottom of the skid to protect and maintain proper function of the factory pickup and sending unit; just like the stock skid plate was designed to do. It is the right way to protect your investment and keep you moving down the trail.

Constructed from high grade 3/16" steel that is Laser cut, CNC formed, and then fully TIG welded for the highest quality gas tank skid available.

Protects the stock gas tank on 97-06' TJ/LJ JeepsŪ
3/4" of additional clearance behind the diff cover
Constructed of 3/16" steel for superior toughness
Available bare steel only
Full replacement skid, does NOT install over factory skid

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

BYuen

BYuen's Reviews

01-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Price: $219.99
Pros: more clearance everywhere, extreme protection from rocks and tailgating Hondas, great looks
Cons: No powder coat available?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This skid is an awesome skid. So far, IMHO it is the best full replacement gas tank skid on the market. I just installed it and haven't gotten the chance to whack it on the rocks yet, but there is no doubt in my mind this skid will take whatever I throw at it. I will send an update when I do. Now I will say I did have to add 3/4" coil spacers to the rear of my Jeep due to the added weight along with my Hi-Lift and rear bumper setup, but not to worry the protection and peace of mind is definitely worth it. I also feel the Jeep handles much better on and off road with this skid installed.

Since I already had some rubbing issues with the stock setup, I thought I would run into clearance issues with the rear track bar, driver's side shock, or with my aftermarket exhaust piping. Well I was wrong! Turns out this skid fits perfectly and actually gave more clearance the whole way around. I was just flabbergasted. This skid is the epitome of gas tank skids.

As for the install, it was easy and straightforward. If you follow the tips and instructions off the Rokmen YouTube install, you should have no issues. To me the hardest part was just lifting the tank back up under the Jeep since I did do the install solo. It would definitely help to have someone else to help line up and balance the tank as you lift it back up.

05jeeper

05jeeper's Reviews

12-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: EASY TO INSTALL, WELL BUILT AND BEEFY. GAINED GROUND CLEARANCE AND LOOKS BETTER THAN FACTORY

TJTRUBL2006
TJTRUBL2006's Reviews

11-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Fuel skid. Alot of detail went into building this skid and the quaility of the construction is second to none...

BlackBellamy

BlackBellamy's Reviews

10-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Price: $220.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great value for the price, solid construction, raises the tank and provides much better coverage than the stock skid.

stu2003
stu2003's Reviews

09-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have JKS 1.25 body lift. High clearance gas tank skid bolted up with no problem.

Significant upgrade over factory skid plate.

Kiwi Jeeper

Kiwi Jeeper's Reviews

06-07-2008, 03:41 AM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Heavy!! Great quality and easy install. It took three people to lift the tank + skid + 10 litres of petrol to put it back up while the Jeep was on a hoist.

breckboarder55

Web Wheeler
breckboarder55's Reviews

06-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great quality, great design!
Excellent gain in clearance!
I wish it came powder coated, but it did not. Shipped bare metal, no box. Received in less than three days prior to ordering. Excellent product, will buy from again.

thedirt

thedirt's Reviews

05-23-2008, 03:35 AM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Price: $264.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome skid plate. I picked it up locally and they had one that was powdercoated, which saved me a lot of time. I'm glad to get rid of the flimsy, bent up stock gas tank skid plate.

TJ Flexer
TJ Flexer's Reviews

05-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I feel this is the best on the market, and the price is better than most other skids of less quality. Rokmen knows what they are doing.

slate210
slate210's Reviews

05-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Price: $219.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The extra clearance is much appreciated. My stock skid was just crumbling from rust and this works great. No complaints at all on the install. I sprayed it with bedliner prior to install.

FireMedicZ
FireMedicZ's Reviews

04-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Price: $230.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Heavy duty skid plate, nice welds, very well made. Be careful of the sharp edges when handling the skid.

bluerubicon06
bluerubicon06's Reviews

04-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Price: $195.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice addition and provides good protection

Page 2 of 2 1 2