Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Skid Plates > Rokmen Gas Tank Skid

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Rokmen Gas Tank Skid Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Skid Plates Next Product

Rokmen Gas Tank Skid

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $264.99
Average Price: $232.10
Manufacturer: Rokmen
Recommended?
Yes: 33 / No: 0

The ROKMEN gas tank skid plate protects your stock gas tank and gives you the piece of mind needed to attack the toughest of obstacles. At the same time it increases your ground clearance by 1 1/2" inches overall and 1" at the dimple over stock.

ROKMEN is the first to offer a formed dimple in the bottom of the skid to protect and maintain proper function of the factory pickup and sending unit; just like the stock skid plate was designed to do. It is the right way to protect your investment and keep you moving down the trail.

Constructed from high grade 3/16" steel that is Laser cut, CNC formed, and then fully TIG welded for the highest quality gas tank skid available.

Protects the stock gas tank on 97-06' TJ/LJ Jeeps®
3/4" of additional clearance behind the diff cover
Constructed of 3/16" steel for superior toughness
Available bare steel only
Full replacement skid, does NOT install over factory skid

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

99SprintST
99SprintST's Reviews
05-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Another great Rokmen product
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Dave and Jeff, thanks for another quality product.

Flyboy161

Flyboy161's Reviews
04-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Easy, good 1 inch of clearance
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually Undercover Fabworks Gas Tank Skid raises the gas tank 1 inch. it wasn't listed here so I went with Rokmen when I did this review. Great Product, has saved my bacon many times

IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler
IH8PEPL's Reviews

04-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Its Rokmen: Beefy, beautiful welds, affordable, and really tucks the tank up nicely.
Cons: Shipping - see last half of my review.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Being a Rokmen fan, I am always 100% happy with everything I have purchased from them. I chose their steel skid over other vendors for a few reasons; Price is affordable, constriction is awesome, thick steel that will offer me lots of protection. Dare I say this skid may actually be bullet proof . Makes the factory skid feel like a soda can. Really tucks the gas tank in nicely. Dave and Jeff did a great job of describing the construction and install in their youtube video - which helped me out a lot when I needed reference! Once Rokmen makes it in aluminum - I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

Only complaint I have is that Dave and Jeff dont box up their larger stuff, just slap a FedEx label and some wood to it. FedEx got to scrape it up more than I did. Nothing major or anything to worry about, I just like to be the one to beat things up. Shrink wrap!!!!

Fox01V
Fox01V's Reviews
03-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Price: $230.00
Pros: Well designed and quality product like all their stuff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This skid is made very well and put my tank up out of the way plus the factory skid didn't fully cover the front left of the tank so now it's completely protected.
Makes it a lot easier to line up all the mounting points if you have someone to help.

julietkilo

julietkilo's Reviews
11-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Price: $210.00
Pros: ROKMEN Heavy
Cons: Heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As was said before, done right, by a robot, search out the videos. Unreal for the price.

mike_dippert

hodophobic
mike_dippert's Reviews
10-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Extreme duty.
Cons: HEAVY
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Another top notch product of Rokmen. I'd buy this again in a heartbeat if I didn't mind the weight of the steel. I used it as a jack point several times. Wacked it on ledges more than I can count. Lots of scratches but no dents.

Shiguy
Shiguy's Reviews
06-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Price: $210.00
Pros: HEAVY DUTY!, fits perfectly
Cons: HEAVY! difficult to get back in?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got this skid cause the LJ has more hangover in the rear than the normal TJ's My stock gas skid was getting to the point that I risked puncturing the tank. Skid fits perfectly to existing mounts and tank. And very heavy dute! I could take the rear wheels off and drag the a$$-end of my jeep across rocks and come out fine. With BL tucks tank very nicely for an added lift. Only downside is installation. I snapped the tube coming out of the fuel pump trying to remove the old tank and installing everything back up while raising the tank leaves VERY little room to reconnect the lines. A lot of "feel" for where the lines and mounts were was required. That being said would do this again in a heart beat. I now don't have to worry about anything while going over a big drop and a tank hit is inevitable.

blizzboy15

blizzboy15's Reviews

04-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Price: $800.00
Pros: Excellent Quality! awesome craftsmanship!
Cons: $$
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Amazing quality! I purchased the whole ARMOR UP package from ROKMEN and i couldnt be happier! Thanks fellas! I gained a good 2 inches of clearance and also made my undercarrige unstoppable!!

blizzboy15

blizzboy15's Reviews

03-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Price: $219.00
Pros: Great product! craftmanship is unmatched! great service!
Cons: no cons!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ROKMEN is one of the best if not the best company i have ever come across! they are dedicated to building the best product all the time! i have not found a product that can compete yet! thier quality and customer service is the best! great skid! heavy duty! i would recommend the BL/MM before installing the skid. Great product, I will buy Rokmen time and time again! I would suggest getting it powder coated through Rokmen, great quality and good price as well.

patricknash1
patricknash1's Reviews
03-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Price: $219.99
Pros: Heavy Duty, amazing product.
Cons: None, I am sold on Rokmen products.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After removing the stock skid, I couldn't belive how strong this skid is. I was able to do the install by myself in the driveway with just a floor jack. I havent had the chance to hit it on anything yet, but if I can dent this thing, it would have destroyed my old skid. I also like the extra clearance I got for my rear diff, which was the main reason for buying it in the 1st place.

1unknown
1unknown's Reviews

08-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Price: $245.00
Pros: well engineered, quality material and workmanship
Cons: dont have a bodylift so had to use the half inch spacer which did not come with hardware.e mail rockman but no reply.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: went on the tahoe hi-lo poker run near markleyville ca. it was 6 miles of rocks and with the winter weather it was worse than it usually is. came down hard on granet rocks and boulders. it came thru undamaged except for paint. highly recoment this product

TJagain
TJagain's Reviews
04-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Pros: very well built and designed
Cons: ?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very well built and designed. higher ground clearance and extra protection is a good feeling. tank droped right in and all bolt holes lined up perfectly! It is a bit of work for the gain you get. I recomend doing this upgrade with at lift install. dame my install much easier when working on the rear.

tjsean0308

tjsean0308's Reviews
04-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: super HD. added significant clearance.
Cons: weighs a lot. comes un-painted
Recommended? Yes

Comments: love it so far. got it as a gift. has the factory style "bump" on the bottom to further protect the fuel pump and screen. I am torn as to whither or not it being un finished was good or bad. some other products I have came powder coated and it hasn't held up. I hit this with por and its doing good so far.

Filthy-Beast

Web Wheeler
Filthy-Beast's Reviews
03-03-2010, 03:25 PM
Pros: Very heavy duty and a perfect fit. Install video.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My stock skid was taking some heavy abuse since I have an LJ, that extra 5" past the rear wheels causes me to drop the gas tank on more objects than a regular TJ. This new skid has taken a ton of abuse without issue.

FarFire70
FarFire70's Reviews
09-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Thick, gained clearance, fuel pump bulge for proper fitment
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this to replace my stock skid after I put a nice big dent right at the fuel pump. It's held up nicely when I landed on it last time I was out.

razorback84

razorback84's Reviews
09-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Tough
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Product!!! Have done several trail runs with this gas tank skid and it has taken a beating. Still holding up strong.

white305
white305's Reviews

08-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Price: $195.00
Pros: Perfect fit made for a easy install. Solid and well built. Consistant with everything I have got from Rokmen. You couldn't ask for better service.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is as nice a skid plate as I have found. I researched a lot prior to spending my hard earned money and I am impressed with what I got.

Kinless
Kinless's Reviews
07-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Price: $219.99
Pros: 
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very well put together product and customer service is fantastic. These guys sat and listened to me as I explained what I want to do now, what I want to work towards, and my end goal at this time and helped me come up with a plan. Dave and Jeff are good guys and I will deal with them again.

apexjeepinjoe

apexjeepinjoe's Reviews
05-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Price: $259.00
Pros: Best made
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great skid. Easy to install and they have a video on you tube to help you out.

DougB

DougB's Reviews

03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Rokmen Gas Tank Skid
Price: $257.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: GREAT PRODUCT! Fits like a glove. Added clearance is excellent. Price includes $37 in shipping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »