Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Skid Plates > Nth Degree Mobillity Tummy Tucker

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Nth Degree Mobillity Tummy Tucker Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Skid Plates Next Product

Nth Degree Mobillity Tummy Tucker

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $515.00
Average Price: $606.19
Manufacturer: Nth Degree Mobillity
Recommended?
Yes: 18 / No: 0

Provisions are built into all TTs to work with Nth GyroJoint™ LongArm suspensions and to relocate/remount/protect Rubicon TJ locker pumps.
Integral Stinger Mount built into each TT is ready for an Nth-Stinger™ center-mounted rear torque arm.
Improves Ground Clearance by 2.5-2.75” (on most models - depending on year & t-case) versus stock skid plate. Drop height is only 1.25” from the frame– and only where it’s needed (not rail-to-rail).
Special Trans Mount is included with every TT to allow the maximum possible clearance without the need for a body lift – even on Rubicon TJs.

* Center (t-case) Skid Plate for Jeep TJ & YJ
* Maximum Ground Clearance The TT saves over 2.5” versus the stock TJ/YJ skid designs – and only a 24” wide area is dropped where needed to accommodate the drivetrain and exhaust.
* Tough Construction using ¼” steel and strategic gusseting can support the entire vehicle’s weight without bending when the clearance isn’t enough.
* Smooth Design uses all countersunk bolts, minimal holes, and blended edges to make sure nothing stops you cold.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bbusch

bbusch's Reviews
12-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Price: $530.00
Pros: Tuff, offers lots of clearance, great platform for my lift
Cons: Lift that goes with this skid is no longer available for sale.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I ordered this skid straight from Jim back in the spring of 2004 and was able to get my hands on a completely flat tummy tucker (only one of a few available). I have been very happy with the skid and have had no problems out of it. The skid is tougher than nails and the clearance still brings a smile to my face. AEV bought Nth Degree several years ago and have since quit making the lift that goes with this skid.

MVintherTJ
MVintherTJ's Reviews
10-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Price: $529.00
Pros: Very stout. Great clearance.
Cons: None at all.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This skid plate is simply amazing. I gained SO much ground clearance after installing it. It is very durable and has stood up to a lot of abuse. I also like how you can still easily access the drain plugs for the tcase with this skid plate. One of the best Jeep mods I've done.

jeepmischief
jeepmischief's Reviews

09-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Price: $529.99
Pros: Very tough. Great added clearance. Install easy.
Cons: not a big fan of the recessed bolts, but necessary for smooth underbelly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Absolutely love this product. AEV / Nth degree stuff is the best!! So glad I made this purchase!!

jamcat77
jamcat77's Reviews
04-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Pros: EXTRA 3" CLEARANCE!!! Great instructions
Cons: Fairly complex install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best add-on so far! Highly recommend! (I did get 1" MML to re-align the fan with the shroud)

tHeX

Jeep Connoisseur
tHeX's Reviews
04-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Price: $450.00
Pros: Awsome support, install guildes online, the best you can get.
Cons: Make sure to get the right one, auto/manual does make a difference, not just the year, but I think AEV fixed that issue, and they are very helpful.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had to get the manual adapter from aev since I somehow got the auto one, even though there was no difference in the packaging when I bought it a few years ago, but aev sent me the new one free +shipping and I returned the other one.

yukonblu
yukonblu's Reviews
03-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Pros: Looks great, very strong, great fit. Over all the transfer case skids out there, this is the best ive seen.
Cons: Rubicon locker pump cut out comes on all skids, in this case i do not have a rubicon. So this is a slight waste of ground clearence. Not to big of a deal though.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the only transfer case skid i would reccomend to anyone. Also when adjusting the pinion angle to adjust for the lifting of the tummy tucker my rear track bar hit the gas tank skid. This may be an issue for a lot of people. Had to get a different rear track bar relocation bracket. When getting this skid take into account the other issues it might cause. When all is said and done it is worth it. I now think my tj can withstand a landmine blast.

njseifrick
njseifrick's Reviews
03-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Price: $2,000.00
Pros: Very clean appearance and substantial protection.
Cons: Complicated installation.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was on the vehicle when I purchased it. After reading the installation instructions I was amazed at the complexity of the installation and potential issues involved. The installation included a CV rear drive train, diff covers, AT skid, oil pan skid, and adjustable rear control arms. I only guessed at the price above as the AT skid, the oil pan skid, the 2 diff covers and labor was $1000.

For the type of off-roading we do, the OME lift an a 1" body lift would have been sufficient.

zanash2
zanash2's Reviews
06-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: clearance
Cons: worng bolts shipped
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They shipped the wrong bolts and I tried to force one of the bolts in thinking it would just re-thread and all would be good.... Broke the bolt loose inside the frame... OOOPs...

USMCEOD

USMCEOD's Reviews
01-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Pros: Indestructible
Cons: Holds up transmission, making working on anything behind it a pain in the butt.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have this tied into my 6" long arm. It is bery durable and very heavy. If you're going to take this off once installed, make sure you have a good jack to catch the transmission. This skid makes it difficult to access the mufler, cat converter, etc, but that only makes it harder for rocks to access those things too!
All of my underarmour is Nth Degree. It has taken a beating and has yet to show any signs. I highly recommend AEV/Nth Degree products.

warlizard
warlizard's Reviews
12-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Price: $542.00
Pros: built tough, easy to install
Cons: increase in drivetran noise
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have put the skid plate over rocks and logs with no problems. I have enjoyed the the increase clearance. I am very happy with this product.

drozd_ws6
drozd_ws6's Reviews
09-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Pros: complete
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the best

jeffnsocal
jeffnsocal's Reviews
07-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Price: $520.00
Pros: very heavy duty
Cons: Powder coat could be better
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This skid is hevy duty and will hold up to a lot of abuse. Definatly an easier install with two people. If you have a TJ, don't forget to pick up the 15/32" drill bit in advance.

R1Blueboy
R1Blueboy's Reviews

03-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: By far my favorite mode so far. Lead to having to spend close to $1200 to finish correctly with SYE, Driveshaft, and UACA..

Alexia

Alexia's Reviews

03-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Price: $515.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent design that does not require a body lift. Provides the necessary hardware to remount the transmission and exhaust pipe to work with the skid plate instead of instructing installers to work around them.(Such as redoing the exhaust pipe or needing to install a body lift because the transmission was pushed too high.)

jdragger
jdragger's Reviews

06-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Pros: Fits, good clearance.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Lots of center clearance, especially needed on an LJ. Fit was very well engineered and I got all parts needed. We did change the mount for the pump for air lockers. I would definitely purchase again. Have had on since June '07.

dolphin88
dolphin88's Reviews

06-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Everyone says how sexy the jeep looks now--what an improvement in center clearance even before the lift was added. Incredible engineering too; things went together with such close tolerences, almost better than stock.

ozlowole
ozlowole's Reviews

04-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Price: $515.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The new transmission isolator mount really helped, the old one was shot. It has the same clearance as the 33 Engineers skid plate.

sahara tj

sahara tj's Reviews

09-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Pros: Excellent ground clearance.
Cons: Hard to rplace things like front drive shafts without removing the whole skid plate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: IMO, this is the best skid on the market. You can upgrade to the Nth long arm kit at a later date and will not need the TT skid that is included in the kit and save some $$ at that time.