Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Skid Plates > Nth Degree Mobillity Oil Pan Skid (4.0L)

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Nth Degree Mobillity Oil Pan Skid (4.0L) Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Skid Plates Next Product

Nth Degree Mobillity Oil Pan Skid (4.0L)

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $250.00
Average Price: $146.85
Manufacturer: Nth Degree Mobillity
Recommended?
Yes: 29 / No: 2

Extreme Clearance. Skid bolts on to engine block and transmission bell housing, giving you protection only where you need it- no excess and uncessary steel. Because the skid will now move with the exhaust and engine, there are no rattles- just solid protection.
Bolt-on Installation uses existing unused holes in engine block and transmission too create simple and easy installation
Easy Oil Changes . No need to drop the skid, convenient holes allow you to quickly drain your oil with no mess .

* Oil Pan Skid to fit 1987-2006 4.0L Jeep engine oil pan
* Engine-Mounted, pan-hugging design for maximum ground clearance (inches higher than frame-mounted designs can acheive).
* Boxed Construction using 3/16” steel prevents not just punctures but also prevents crushing the pan.
* Tidy Fit clears TJ-style exhausts and XJ/ZJ/WJ front driveshafts with no body, motor, or suspension lift limitations.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

pcwolf
pcwolf's Reviews

09-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Stout and looks like it would do the job.
Cons: Does not in my case.
Recommended? No

Comments: Hit rocks smack on the two piece "ski slope" ramp designed to shelter the oil drain plug; welding bead on the inside at the point of the vee *punctured* my oil pan. The whole point is to *protect* the oil pan. Get an engine skid instead

bbusch

bbusch's Reviews
12-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Doesn't take away clearance and does it's job
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had my oil pan skid on since 2004 and have been very happy with it. It has a few scrapes and has done it's job thus far.

Flyboy161

Flyboy161's Reviews
11-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: Heavy! Should protect my oil pan
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome! After putting a baseball sized dent in my XJ oil pan on the Rubicon trail, I thought this might be a good idea for my TJ.

jamcat77
jamcat77's Reviews
04-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Extra protection
Cons: None, price?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install!

Rafikie

Rafikie's Reviews
03-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Price: $110.00
Pros: Great protection without covering up oil drain plug.
Cons: If you have an old motor the threads in the block that are used to mount this skid are most likely in rough shape. It's difficult to get in there and clean them out good for the install, but that the only real problem IMO and once it's on your good to go.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great protection without covering up oil drain plug. I'm not a fan of the full skids that do this. If you have an old motor the threads in the block that are used to mount this skid are most likely in rough shape. It's difficult to get in there and clean them out good for the install, but that the only real problem IMO and once it's on your good to go.

A+ IMO

yukonblu
yukonblu's Reviews
03-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Price: $139.00
Pros: Great fit, very solid, could not ask for a better product.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine came in black not grey like u see in the pics. I like black better anyway.

USMCEOD

USMCEOD's Reviews
01-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Price: $139.00
Pros: Indestructible
Cons: heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All of my underarmour is Nth Degree. It has taken a beating and has yet to show any signs. I highly recommend AEV/Nth Degree products.

warlizard
warlizard's Reviews
12-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Price: $155.00
Pros: great design that is out of the way of all moving parts
Cons: needed washer to space the skid plate
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I dented my oil pan one of the frist time out. now I don't worry about it anymore.

06_Rubi_LJ
06_Rubi_LJ's Reviews
07-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: Works
Cons: Not free
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very solid and better than the Warn!
Not hard to install.....ever for me.

jaredwade81
jaredwade81's Reviews
07-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Pros: provides protection for your oil pan and drain plug
Cons: requires a little time and elbow grease.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If your like me, and i beat the crap out of my jeep. Your gonna need one of these. its gonna require you to clean out the already tapped holes on your engine block and they are already hard to get to, so it will take some patience. i sprayed some brake cleaner in there to get the chunks out the tapped in a few times until it was clean. then it bolts right up.. and tucks it away quite nice. over all great product.

05moabTJ

05moabTJ's Reviews

03-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best on the market and strongest. Highly recommend it. Must have for anyone big enough to play outside the sand box.

AlexGeorgakis

AlexGeorgakis's Reviews

02-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Price: $160.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Tough skid plate even for the roughest conditions. But after installing it I was scratching my head wondering how it would be useful since the axle will fall on a rock before the oil pan gets even close... It's a good product but I think it's usefull only if you're going to be driving over a mine field...

pigpen8304

pigpen8304's Reviews

12-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Price: $140.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good product, easy to install. Bought at Northridge4X4, which is where I try to get most a my jeep mods. If they have them available.

Loctup
Loctup's Reviews

11-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Price: $125.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best there ever was. Nuff said.

Mounts perfectly, drain cutout is ideal. Stronger then needed.

rickw450
rickw450's Reviews

09-08-2008, 05:50 AM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Protects you oil pan, easy to mount and is solid. Easy access to the drain plug for easy oil changes.

1968olds98
1968olds98's Reviews

08-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Price: $145.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Took like 20mins to install after I figured out wtf.. just read in the instructions.

Fit a 93 YJ like a glove, same level as the transfer-case skid so its not any lower.

rlk_99
rlk_99's Reviews

07-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Price: $130.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install. Takes maybe 15 min if you have all the tools that you need in your box. Requires an allen wrench a socket and ratchet and a wrench.

jdarg
jdarg's Reviews

06-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Price: $175.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great skid but a royal pain to install unless the block is new and the front mounting holes aren't rusty and full of crud.

dolphin88
dolphin88's Reviews

06-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had many dings in the stock skid plate, was pushing my luck, this was one of my first upgrades, to bad they went out of business.

TJ Flexer
TJ Flexer's Reviews

05-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: well built, and affordably priced... Once again Nth degree puts out a quality product to those offroad enthusiasts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »