Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Armor > Skid Plates > IRO - WJ HD Transfer Case/Catalytic Converter Skid

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

IRO - WJ HD Transfer Case/Catalytic Converter Skid Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Skid Plates Next Product

IRO - WJ HD Transfer Case/Catalytic Converter Skid

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $249.99
Average Price: $206.43
Manufacturer: IRO
Recommended?
Yes: 7 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

COMPLETE protection for your t-case and Catalytic Converter. Made from 1/4" steel plate bent and re-enforced for the ultimate protection and maximum ground clearance. Designed to support the entire weight of the vehicle without damage. With this much protection you will have the confidence to tackle any obstacle without even thinking about your t-case. If you wheel on rocky terrain this skid plate is essential. Just look at the photos of the skid plate installed on one of our shop WJ's below. We know all too well the havoc rocks will play on an exposed transfer case so we built this product to withstand whatever Mother Nature throws at the underside of your rig. We even included drain holes for changing the t-case fluid and letting water escape. Powdercoated semi-gloss black. Includes nut plates and fasteners for installation. Fits NP242 and NP247J Transfer case.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

nUcKiNfUtZ

nUcKiNfUtZ's Reviews
05-17-2014, 06:02 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Beefy, connects to both frame rails
Cons: pricey. Installation of nut plates is a pain in the a$$
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Probably the best skid out there except for maybe the one thats designed for the clayton lifts.

PowderHound
PowderHound's Reviews
02-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Pros: Beefy
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very beefy. Can support the weight of my WJ. Scrapes over rocks with ease.

BLACK04WJ

BLACK04WJ's Reviews
10-31-2012, 01:02 AM
Price: $145.00
Pros: HD
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Havent put it to use myself.. but have seen it in action from another WJ owner and it help up well! Got it used but it didnt have a scratch on it so it hasnt even touched the rocks yet. But next time i'm in Moab (next month) im sure I will use it

mudruna

mudruna's Reviews
09-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: BEEFY!
Cons: it's really heavy lol I had to drill some holes and even ended up welding some tabs to the back of the cross member to attach the front mounts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have smashed this skid off rocks, trees, stumps...pretty much everything in the woods and it is just plain indestructible.

04overlandWJ
04overlandWJ's Reviews
06-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Pros: Nice and Strong, very thick metal!!! Really takes the hits!
Cons:  Its a little hard to install!!! Blocks the Drain on the Transfer Case
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had it on for a year or so a lot of the paint is pealing off on top of it and around the whole thing. It has taken quite a few big hits and all is still good... but it has a few nasty scratches in it. but that's what new paint is for! haha

I would definitely would recommend it to anyone, but beware its a little hard to get the nuts in place and keep them there during the install, but after your get it all together its all good... One other thing is it blocks the bottom drain plug on the transfer case!!! It makes it very difficult to change the fluid!!!

Wjason
Wjason's Reviews
12-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Price: $199.99
Pros: Beef, can support entire weight of vehicle easily. Sane mounting system using nuts pre-welded onto steel bars inserted inside the unibody rails, comes with grade 8 hardware.
Cons: Heavy! But not so sure this is really a con since its 1/4" steel!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This skid is the best I've seen, Ive put a few skids on jeeps. This one spans the width of the vehicle from rail to rail, uses 1/4" reinforced steel and can easily support the weight of the vehicle and mounts with 7 bolts onto steel bars with nuts welded onto them (slide these inside the rail). No messing about with rivnuts, just drill 7 holes and go. Skid also has drain holes, and protects the cat as well as the tcase. One note however is it can make contact with the stock cats which are large and round (4.7), you can hear it knock around when you start-up, but that just means you get to buy a new high flow cat!

WJ04

WJ04's Reviews

08-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Pure Beef, Very strong, Very well made.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I replaced my mopar TC skid with this IRO HD skid and this thing is super heavy duty. In my opinion I think its the best TC skid out there for a WJ.

My old mopar TC skid compared to IRO's TC skid: