Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Motor Mounts > M.O.R.E. JM600L "Bombproof" Motor Mount Lift

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

M.O.R.E. JM600L "Bombproof" Motor Mount Lift Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Motor Mounts Next Product

M.O.R.E. JM600L "Bombproof" Motor Mount Lift

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $230.00
Average Price: $120.40
Manufacturer: M.O.R.E.
Recommended?
Yes: 54 / No: 1

JM600L....1987-2005 Jeep® Wrangler YJ* & TJ Wrangler, 4.0L or 4.2L engines

With a One Inch Body Lift Kit installed. These mounts are the same as our new "Torsion" rubber BombProof"mounts, except that they are designed to "Lift" the engine one inch. These mounts work great for the TJ owner who wants to help correct the rear drive shaft angle, by leaving the stock crossmember in the stock location.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

SWAMPLJ
SWAMPLJ's Reviews
10-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Aligning for body lift
Cons: None at this time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install needed for aligning when lifting body.

RDJ89
RDJ89's Reviews
08-25-2013, 07:09 AM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Easy install, complements body lift
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: after installing body lift decided to lift engine so choose the M.O.R.E mounts as they had a good review.
so took it into the shop and started the work the only awkward part to the job was the engine moved slightly miss aligning one of the bolts, but lifting the engine slightly with the floor jack it fitted.
Once fitted fire the engine up to make sure all was good, there is more vibe noticeable in the cab.

performancejeep
performancejeep's Reviews

05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Bombproof as they say
Cons: zero
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got these mounts when i got my new engine but without the 1" lift in them. When I got the mounts i noticed M.O.R.E. stated that more vibration would be noticed especially at idle. Not wanting this to happen I examined the mounts and stock bolts and figured out why it would vibrate. The stock bolt is a metric 12mm and when used with the mounts has to much slop in it. So I took a half inch bolt and found it fit M.O.R.E.'S mounts much better. The block side mounts were a different story however as the half inch bolt wouldnt fit the smaller metric hole. Using a round file, that was carefully widened until it fit. After the engine was dropped in (it was a 4.0L I6) and the beak in completed I still havent notice a drop of vibration. Its called Navy maintnence....."Beat to shape,File to fit, Paint to match". Great well made product, I really like 'em!

cavmedic
cavmedic's Reviews
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Great MML with tough bushing
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Simple install. Engine Torque won be an issue

nwaxtreme
nwaxtreme's Reviews
09-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Price: $102.00
Pros: Great mml. Like the finish and quality.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good experience running these for about a year. Had one develop a tiny fracture but M.O.R.E. made it right and replaced. I would never consider going back to stock.

Idwheelthat

Idwheelthat's Reviews
09-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: lifts motor, insulates against harsh vibration
Cons: PITA install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: install was harsh, due to going from one side to the other to line up bolts, one bolt in particular (passenger side, underneath mount) was hard to access because of interference of another bolt head. After that, the engine vibrations are fine, the engine torque is transmitted to the body better which looks mean. You'll know what i mean when you rev the engine.

MadDogXJ

MadDogXJ's Reviews
04-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Price: $139.00
Pros: Great product and quality, does not allow engin to move.
Cons: Engine vibrates the jeep when steering centred
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had cracked factory headers. I decided on these more mounts to prevent the engine from ever moving. They work great for that. I didn't want to see my new banks headers ever crack, or the radiator to get chewed by the fan if the stock engine mounts one day deteriorated.

As for the product. They are solid, Bomb proof as they state. Wish they found a material to dampen the engine vibes. I got these because the alternatives use a hard urethane plastic. Which would be way worse, and factory rubber mounts fall apart after so many years.

Suggestion to any one that plans to keep their Jeep for a long time to get these especially if changing/ upgrading headers.

Would I buy them again: yes.

Dutra177
Dutra177's Reviews
02-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Price: $170.00
Pros: Alot stonger than stock, raised engine 1"
Cons: Some more vibes at idle, sounds louder in the cab, but I like that
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very well made mount that raises the engine 1". Zinc coated to prevent corrosion. Easy to install had no problems, good product

+GRAVES+

Corporate Whore
+GRAVES+'s Reviews
10-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Pros: built like a tank
Cons: My engine now vibrates the fillings out of my teeth
Recommended? No

Comments: I replaced my Brown dog 1" MML with this hoping I'd get less engine vibration. This kit is about the same... perhaps a little worse than the brown dog 1" mml for vibration. The hood shakes, the dash shakes, the steering wheel shakes. you get the idea. It was horrible when I first installed it, but has settled in a bit. I'm going to loosen & re tighten the mounting bolts & T-case bolts to see if I can get it to settle in even more. If I had it to do again, I'd buy the budget 1" spacers and use the stock mounts. But I'm going to live with this for now because my stock mounts are shot & installation of both the brown dog & MORE mounts were a PITA... lots of muscle & pry bars required. In defense MORE, they do state that the mounts will "cause increased vibration with 2.5L engines". But "increased vibration" is putting it VERY mildly.

petegall79
petegall79's Reviews
04-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Pros: SOLID.
Cons: Due to "wide tolerances in Jeep frame design", some bolts may receive their nuts in less than manageable locations
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Simple product, installed while body lift was added. Fitted without a problem.

The mounts have clean welds and construction looks identical between both units in the pair I received. Some jockeying of the engine while raising to meet the mount gets you up there and aligned well enough, too.

Metal used is thick, and make the stock mounts look infantile in comparison.

johnson30
johnson30's Reviews
03-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Engine was bouncing around, so this was a great upgrade.
Cons: Can be hard to line up depending on the condition of your frame and alignment etc. I had a hard time getting the mounts to line up- no fault of the product, but the tolerance between the engine mount and frame mount is tight. To be fair, this is what makes the engine feel like it is held in the frame like a vise. But again, the only difficulty is trying to manuver an engine/trans/x-cs on a floor lift and line up the two parts of the mounts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The name says it all: bombproof. The product has served me well for over 5 years. The difference between the engine gaining momentum under the hood and now feeling really tight is worth every penny. Don't get too excited like me and forget to paint them first. They look good now.....

Mayfair_Jeeper

Mayfair_Jeeper's Reviews
01-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Price: $45.50
Pros: Strong. Uses torsion rubber bushings
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice. Install went well. Instructions were not the best

Kris B Krunch
Kris B Krunch's Reviews
12-20-2009, 06:49 AM
Price: $258.00
Pros: not too difficult of an install. Did what it's meant too, lift the engine one inch and help with the rear driveline angle with a quality product
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Easier install than expected. Did in conjunction with jks 1.25" body lift. a 1" body lift at a mininum is required for this.

MoCab
MoCab's Reviews
12-05-2009, 03:10 AM
Pros: fit like a dream
Cons: if you have AC you will have to remove bracket from engine block on driver's side
Recommended? Yes

Comments: they fit great but you need to be a bit double jointed to reach some of the fasteners, but this is a Jeep problem not MORE.

Boodyrider
Boodyrider's Reviews
11-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Price: $125.00
Pros: 1" lift, SOLID
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Has held up to abuse. HAd to drill out the center of the bushing sleeve to fit the larger bolts that come with the Brown Dog motor mount plates.

backgroundnoise

backgroundnoise's Reviews
09-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: easy install, less vibes
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I busted a stock motor mount so I needed to replace it. Easier install than imagined. I did this install myself which took about an hour. I combined this with a 1.25" JKS body lift. Removed my transfer case drop for extra clearance.

RaggedOleMan

RaggedOleMan's Reviews

06-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Easier to install than I thought
Cons: None. It's well made, fits and installs like it's supposed to
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The install seemed pretty simple up front so I got started. I had installed a body lift earlier that day and just lef the fan shroud loose in anticipation of installing the MML. At about 10 minutes into the install I started to get nervous...concerned, thinking "what'd I get myself into here!" But forging forward it all worked out and it was easier than I thought. Having a second person would be helpful, however, you can do it by yourself as I did and I'm NOT a serious, or skilled mechanic.

Great product from helpful & knowlgable staff. Can't say enough good stuff about them folks at M.O.R.E.

John
Seattle, WA

ElConq
ElConq's Reviews
05-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Price: $138.00
Pros: Solid construction
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to install & much better than worn factory mounts

cjmike67
cjmike67's Reviews

03-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Price: $180.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have dealt with the old flat type factory mounts both in factory rubber and eurathane materials.The stiffness in control of the drive line is substantial and much more predictable!

dgasw
dgasw's Reviews

02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bolted right up without any problems. Good product. Replaced bad mounts so I don't have anything to compare them with.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »