Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Motor Mounts > JKS Manufacturing JKS 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift - TJ/YJ (JKS8100)

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

JKS Manufacturing JKS 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift - TJ/YJ (JKS8100) Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Motor Mounts Next Product

JKS Manufacturing JKS 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift - TJ/YJ (JKS8100)

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $60.09
Manufacturer: JKS Manufacturing
Recommended?
Yes: 91 / No: 2

JKS has been building this motor mount spacer lift since 1999 in small quantities. With the increasing demand for this simple design we have decided to go into production, mass-producing them to make it more affordable. The actual spacer is now made from 6061-T6-alloy aluminum. Simply slip this spacer below your OEM motor mount to achieve a full one-inch motor lift. This system allows you to retain the rubber isolated OEM motor mounts. This is a direct bolt-on item. Red anodizing and zinc-plated fasteners are standard. Great value at a budget price!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

dbupp
dbupp's Reviews
01-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: does what it's suppose to
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good stuff

frAnken_rubi

frAnken_rubi's Reviews
12-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Price: $54.00
Pros: Looks clean and durable
Cons: Installation was a pain, instructions in box could have been written on separate paper rather that the packaging cardboard. and i accidentally knocked the timing out of place. Had to look at the youtube video to fully under stand what to do and finish.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Found this on ebay at a deal to good to pass up. I know plenty of people that have this installed. Instructions could have been done better and on a separate piece of paper rather that the cardboard backing on the package. If you install this kit i would recommend looking at he youtube video, it explains it much better.

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
11-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: easy install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looking for a MML? JKS is definantly the way to go, east to install and the price is right.

Gruneun
Gruneun's Reviews
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Price: $54.99
Pros: Driveline vibration decreases, makes mild body lifts painless
Cons: Requires trimming the motor mount bolts
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you're getting a mild body lift, save yourself the pain and modifications by picking these up. Watch the Rokmen videos on YouTube as you may have parts that block removal of some bolts and it will help to see their tutorial. I saw a slight decrease in my driveline vibration after the motor mount lift was installed and it made my body lift a piece of cake. Worth every penny.

UncleWilson

UncleWilson's Reviews
08-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Price: $57.00
Pros: It all fit in the end and worked with the JKS BL
Cons: Bolt extender was very tight on stock bolt and could only be put on with a vice grip and lots of muscle. Would be nice if they put torque specs like they did on the JKS BL
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Make sure you have a good set of vice grips

tyrap26
tyrap26's Reviews
07-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Pros: kept the original motor mount
Cons: alone in your garage with the wrong equipement, PITA to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: loved the red anodized aluminum blocs, looks great in the engine bay, also matched the throttle body spacer. I also liked the facts that it kept the 7$ original engine mounts. I was told the poly. mounts sends all the vibration to the cab which i did not want. very cheap mod well worth it.

cutting that OE bolt 1/4 inch was cake, not a pain at all. overall easy to install.. i was by myself and did not have the proper tools.. made it work and would recommend to anyone with a 1'' or 1.25'' inch BL.

iowaneedshills

iowaneedshills's Reviews
07-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Pros: works as intended
Cons: have to cut the stud down to length. I could do without the anodizing.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Install is a little tricky, but that's not JKS's fault. I was a little nervous about cutting the stud down to length but 15 seconds with a hacksaw was all it took. Make sure you have locktite on hand.

heapashifter
heapashifter's Reviews
04-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Pros: Lifts the engine to align with fan shroud, tilts the output shaft of TC down for better driveshaft angles.
Cons: Didn't like that I had to cut 1/4" of existing MM stud.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really nothing bad to say except that the stud has to be trimmed on both motor mounts for the new pegs to screw over them. Not a huge issue at all though. Aligning the cross bolt for the motor mount can suck too, but that's not JKS's fault. All the benefits make it worth it. Aligns the fan back in the fan shroud after a body lift. Tilts the rear of the transfer case down to create better driveshaft angles. Puts the oil pan higher away from objects off-road.

robert_hollis

robert_hollis's Reviews
04-13-2010, 01:40 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Came free with my JKS 1.25" body lift
Cons: PITA to install. Requires cutting factory motor mount (so there's NO GOING BACK). had to grind factory mount to make fit. Did not resolve T-case linkage issues caused by the body lift.
Recommended? No

Comments: Consider this my review...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mml-install-issues-help-1008370/

charlestrm

charlestrm's Reviews
04-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Price: $55.00
Pros: easy to read instructions. very easy to install
Cons: should have just come with the bolt needed instead of cutting a bolt
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very good product that was easy to read and install. a good idea to improve driveline angles

iceman123187
iceman123187's Reviews
03-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Pros: cheap
Cons: time intensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product

Filthy-Beast

Web Wheeler
Filthy-Beast's Reviews
03-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Pros: Included everything needed
Cons: one of the bolts needed to cut to proper size.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got this from Rokmen and watched their install video, which has some time saving tips and clued me into the fact that I would need to cut a bolt. That I would need to cut the bolt on purpose built option was a little annoying. Other than that minor issue every thing went fine and having it installed made the TT so much easier.

2006_Sport

2006_Sport's Reviews
02-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Pros: 1 inch MML, cures vibes
Cons: with out a BL, it can be a pain
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Raises the motor 1 inch, raises oil pan an inch up away from the rocks and helps with vibes.

CsKWarEd

CsKWarEd's Reviews

01-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Pros: Lifted the motor just fine
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Worked great with my JKS 1.25 BL.... It wasn't fun to install though

hotelconucc93

hotelconucc93's Reviews
01-18-2010, 08:00 PM
Pros: Easy to understand instructions
Cons: have to shave 1/4 inch off OE mount bolt, bolt extension should have some grip to it for twisting
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I found this little kit to be quite nice. The drawbacks are that you need to shave 1/4 inch off your stock mount's bolt that is on the mount feeding down to the frame. After that, a sleeve feeds over it and extends it through the 1" block. Who wants to do this! Make it so you don't have to and this kit is perfect. The extension should have a flat spot on the tube to grip it better with vice grips, but who cares. Do as the instructions say and use anti sieze on the parts.

A nice little kit that I recommend. Easy to place when no motor is in yet, and would be very easy IMO still if you were lifting the existing motor. I am placing it with motor already out.

hawkguy

hawkguy's Reviews
12-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Price: $57.00
Pros: Uses existing OE MM
Cons: have to cut OE bolt
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Make sure you have a steady hand to cut the OE MM bolt. Good product so far.

jmcgonig
jmcgonig's Reviews
10-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Pros: Works fine
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Again, I really don't want to write a review to update my profile.

Disco69

Disco69's Reviews
10-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Easy Install, excellent directions, worked as advertised
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Worked out well. It got rid of my vibes and made the TJ pleasant to drive in 2nd and 3rd gear again. I did need the T-Case bracket. JKS said that about 5% of the TJs that do a BL and MML at the same time still need the bracket; especially if you are using a T-Case drop as well.

acrijos

acrijos's Reviews
10-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Easy to install. Good with JKS 1.25" body lift
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best when coupled with JKS 1.25" body lift. Easy installation, at least for the 1998 TJ.

drozd_ws6
drozd_ws6's Reviews
09-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: cherap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »