Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Motor Mounts > Brown Dog Offroad Standard Motor Mounts, not the 1

VANCO DUAL MODE KNUCKLE 15" and 16" Big Brake kiLabor Day Sale!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Brown Dog Offroad Standard Motor Mounts, not the 1 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Motor Mounts Next Product

Brown Dog Offroad Standard Motor Mounts, not the 1

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $99.00
Average Price: $118.19
Manufacturer: Brown Dog offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 30 / No: 0

Brown Dog Offroad Stock Height Motor Mounts.

Classic Polyurethane Mounts (pair): $79.95
Ultra-Flex Rubber Motor Mounts (pair): $99.95

Prices above for 4.2L/4.0L Wrangler YJ, TJ, LJ mounts.

Motor mounts also available for
- 4.0L Cherokee XJ, Comanche MJ;
- 2.5L Wrangler YJ, TJ;
- 2.5L Cherokee XJ, Comanche MJ.

Interchangeable bushings. Rebuild by replacing bushings. Positions engine in same location as original stock mounts. No modifications needed. Bolt-on design slides into your original Jeep engine brackets with to trimming or grinding. M10.9 hard bolts/studs, washers, and all-metal lock nuts for mounting to frame-side bracket included.

100% Made in USA...including steel, hardware, etc.
Lifetime warranty on anything yellow or welded to yellow.
$5 shipping to any USA or military address.

Tech/install support available after hours and weekends.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

NolaYJ
NolaYJ's Reviews
08-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Great mounts
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great mounts. Easy to install

owenb95
owenb95's Reviews
11-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: My engine isn't falling out anymore! Company is very dependable and stands behind their product Made in America
Cons: Installation is not very easy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The poly mounts are a pain to install. Once they are in it's worth it. The company guarantees their product with a lifetime warrantee

misterdent

Goin broke jeeping!
misterdent's Reviews

09-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Bullet, Bomb, and Bob proof ( cause bob can break ANYTHING)! Well made. Outstanding customer support! Had a problem with install and emailed and received a response in about five minutes ( install problem was my inexperience not the product).
Cons: Slightly more vibration than before and i got the rubber bushings. Still love them and if I had to buy another set for another jeep would not hesitate to buy from them again.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Amazing product, great customer support, good price. One of the better upgrades for my jeep that performed better than advertised. Really solidly built product. I can destroy an anvil with a feather sometimes and these didn't even flinch! Cannot possibly state how well these are made. Brown Dog could teach several companies out there how a business SHOULD be run.

price may vary as it has been a couple months since i got these

trboxman

trboxman's Reviews
11-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Price: $99.00
Pros: Reasonable price, well made
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Replaced broken stock mounts. Brown Dog mounts are really beefy, well made, and reasonably priced.

bill8bud

bill8bud's Reviews

08-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Construction, Customer Service. The product is what it claims to be.
Cons: I wish I could choose a color.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Customer service was great. The product quality was awesome. It took 90 minutes to install, I needed another set of hands for about 20 minutes. I think I should have gotten the rubber bushing vs the polys.

Zakman

A locked & armored Sport
Zakman's Reviews
12-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Price: $330.00
Pros: Super strong, rubber bushings, and HD engine brakets
Cons: Installation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Brown Dog Motor Mounts with Engine Brackets.
Rubber bushings.
uses 7 bolts, up from OE 3 on engine block.
Eliminated the "Rattle Sound" upon engine shut-down.
USA Made

mbardeen
mbardeen's Reviews
11-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Price: $160.00
Pros: Good quality, engine doesn't move, yellow!! Made in USA!
Cons: Slightly more vibes than stock
Recommended? Yes

Comments: They appear to be well built with good welds. The engine definitely moves less and throttle response feels quicker. There are slightly more vibes than the stock mounts, even though I bought the ultra-flex rubber ones.

They're yellow and look nice! Will make a good match with my OME shocks, when I get them!

kornonthekob99
kornonthekob99's Reviews
10-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Price: $85.00
Pros: sturdy engine!
Cons: i needed some custom fabbing to fit the mounts, i would assume my drivetrain is not straight.. also u need to remove the passenger side engine BRACKET to install mount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: absolutely great products, i had to also install a passenger side cradle under my motor mount because the original one had basically deteriorated, took quite some time but now it is in and i love it!! a bit of advice: do NOt expect your drivetrain to be in perfect condition, be ready to custom fit the mounts, i had to widen up holes and wiggle the **** out of it to fit it in place... also jack it up from the TRANNY so you can wiggle the engine around a bit more

Mike

oooh you almost had it
Mike's Reviews
10-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Pros: super strong design, Brown Dog is a great company to do business with.
Cons: absolutely none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are THE motor mounts to upgrade to. Good people to deal with!

Fuddmaster
Fuddmaster's Reviews
01-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Great product holds up, does what its needed. MADE IN THE U.S.A!!
Cons: Doesnt really have any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this product years ago! When he was just on ebay. product worked very well. The customer service is amazing. I actually broke one of the brackets, they were surprised as i was. sent me brand new ones. Life time warranty,and made in the USA. Very reasonable pricing, worth every cent

katuah

katuah's Reviews
12-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Beefy as heck, Made in USA
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Absolute pure beef. These things look indestructable. Can be heck to get installed, but take comfort from knowing you'll probably never need to do it again. Poly bushings are HARD, I might have gotten rubber if I was still DDing my rig.

greenglazier
greenglazier's Reviews
11-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: strong
Cons: vibrates a lot more than o.e.m.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: strong but they vibrate a lot.
update: i had to buy from brown dog the rubber bushings for $30 and replaced the poly ones now its good all vibes gone if its your daily driver dont even try the poly motor mounts the vibrate like crazy go with the rubber a little more expensive but it worth it.

weldonfoto
weldonfoto's Reviews
05-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Very well made (in USA), shipped quickly via USPS priority mail (free)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent mounts. I got the ones with the poly bushings. They installed easily, replacing my old ones that literally fell apart as i removed them, and no problems or vibration. I installed a new poly transmission mount at the same time (recommended) and shifting improved as well.

DaveinHouston

DaveinHouston's Reviews
04-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Price: $74.99
Pros: Very solid, well built. Easy to install. Look good. Jeepforum discount.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the poly mounts and had heard that some people experienced vibration. I didn't overtighten the through bolts on the mounts and don't have any perceptible vibration. The Jeep has a much more solid feel with these mounts. The price I listed may not be exactly correct. It's been a while since I bought the mounts.

weldonfoto
weldonfoto's Reviews
02-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Pros: Very well made, good instructions and support, fits right, works great, made in usa, fair price and free usps shipping
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My motor mounts were well worn - on the driver side, the rubber came out in two pieces. Removal of the old mounts and installation of the new was not too difficult and took only a few hours with some putzing on other stuff. I got the poly mounts, rather than the classic rubber, and do not notice any objectionable vibration. I also replaced the transmission mount at the same time. The result is better shifting from my AX-15 and a detectable, though slight, improvement in power through the drive train. I contacted brown dog with questions by email before purchase - they responded quickly and were very helpful. Highly recommended.

bojang
bojang's Reviews

02-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Price: $70.00
Pros: These things are heavy duty. I wish I would have replaced my stock mounts with these even before I blew out my drivers side.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think people should look into replacing their mounts even before their stock units go out. If you are out on a trail, and blow a mount you could be in a really bad spot. These are cheaper than the replacements from autozone etc...

aoudad
aoudad's Reviews
01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Pros: easy install, built very well
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the standard poly mounts, built like a tank!

whitie_08
whitie_08's Reviews

12-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Price: $70.00
Pros: perfect
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great stuff so good that i forget about them, and thats how it should be.

StreetBMXer88
StreetBMXer88's Reviews

11-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Pros: Excellent solid product
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AMAZING customer service, talk about going above and beyond!! Tim really took care of me. I would highly suggest Brown Dog Offroad to ANYONE!! I had a rare manifold that wouldn't work with the original Engine bracket i purchased, and tim fabbed a new one up for me and got it to me in no time.

jeepwrangler97

jeepwrangler97's Reviews

11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: great quality, price and customer service
Cons: I have found none yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Amazing customer service. I'm doing a 2.5L to 4.6L swap and ordered the wrong brackets the first time, they worked with me and sent me the right brackets before the old ones even got back to them. Great product, I got the classic polyurethane mounts and the replacement engine brackets and will report how they drive, once I get my Jeep running. I would definately recommend this company.

EDIT: I have 1400 miles on them so far and still love them, great mounts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last