Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Motor Mounts > BROWN DOG OFFROAD 1" TJ Motor Mount Lift - C2572-1

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

BROWN DOG OFFROAD 1" TJ Motor Mount Lift - C2572-1 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Motor Mounts Next Product

BROWN DOG OFFROAD 1" TJ Motor Mount Lift - C2572-1

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $114.75
Manufacturer: BROWN DOG OFFROAD
Recommended?
Yes: 59 / No: 5

1" Motor Mount Lifts
Want motor mount lifts (MML) to help compensate for your body lift (BL)? Brown Dog designed these motor mount lifts to reposition your engine one inch higher than stock (at the cooling fan) while providing a serious upgrade from most aftermarket mounts. This pair of motor mount lifts were engineered for extreme strength. And, just to make sure, why we periodically pull one off the shelf and put it through our 20-Ton Press Test. These will be the last set of mounts you'll need. The Brown Dog gives you his promise. Replaceable bushings provide some high-frequency vibration dampening. If the bushings wear out, just replace them. Lift not available individually. Installation Notes: Lifts bolt directly to the pylon or cradle in the identical position of the stock mounts. Engine will be raised 1" at the stock cooling fan.

The Brown Dog Promise.
Brown Dog products are designed for high performance applications and off highway use. No one can predict the forces a vehicle will encounter in extreme conditions that are beyond the vehicle's original design parameters. We feel that our products will continue to perform as designed when other products would break. We will replace any product that fails due to a defect in assembly (broken weld). We cannot be responsible for forces so extreme that the integrity of plate or tubular steel becomes compromised. But if you manage to do that, we certainly want to see a picture of it.

Hey, we go out and do the same stuff you do, and we try to break it, but we don't hold others responsible for the results of our strange behavior. Have fun, be safe.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

olaverty

olaverty's Reviews
01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Easy install
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product, fast free shipping, no problems. Gotta love seeing the little american flag everytime the hood is up.

CaptainDCD
CaptainDCD's Reviews
10-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Price: $70.00
Pros: Made in USA
Cons: None - Great product
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought these off of EBay, someone bought them and never used them, save about $15.. Everything lined up, and they complimented my Body lift kit... no need to relocate radiator (for BL kit) with these..

Siegreicher
Siegreicher's Reviews
08-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Price: $110.00
Pros: Easy install, no fan shroud cutting for BL, excellent customer service at Brown Dog
Cons: price!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Brown Dog 1" motor mount lift was installed at the same time as my JKS 1.25" BL.

calabrate2

calabrate2's Reviews
05-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Price: $109.00
Pros: Great reputation and customer service. Appear to be very well built and the bright yellow paint is cool.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I opted for the 1in lift to help with exhaust clearance issues. Install was simple and straightforward. Also I did this without a body lift so I needed to redrill the holes for the fan shroud. Results are incredible, the rubber mounts keep the motor at bay allowing for shorter starts and increased power delivery to the rear wheels.

man44a
man44a's Reviews
04-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Heavy, solid construction.
Cons: Vibes and noise.
Recommended? No

Comments: I don't like these. Jeep feels worse than stock. I wish I had kept my orginals and used the JKS spacers. I have considerable engine vibration. Biggest problem is the engine noise.

Msprain10
Msprain10's Reviews
03-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Pros: Real beefy solid material
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installing this due to driveline vibe after RC2.5 lift

aylburton
aylburton's Reviews

02-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Price: $99.95
Pros: Solid bits of kit
Recommended? No

Comments: I installed these the other weekend and it was an easy job,the only thing I had to sort out was the air box I have a snorkel and the pipe that feeds into the box fouled the alternator so i had to raise the air box

Weelz
Weelz's Reviews
01-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Price: $320.00
Pros: Tough stuff. Great support and advice.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great people and great product. No installation issues. Highly recommended.

Tomsatx
Tomsatx's Reviews

01-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Quality, price, good paint should last years with no rust, made in the USA!!!
Cons: Should have bought rubbers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this is a very well made product. After much research, this motor mount was the absolute best for the money, and would not buy another type if I had to replace my jeep. Poly vibrates too much for my liking and I will get the rubber replacements soon.

EricsGreen98Tj
EricsGreen98Tj's Reviews

11-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Price: $96.85
Pros: BEEFY, took care of engine vibrations, FREE SHIPPING, Jeepforum discount
Cons: NONE REALLY unless you count that they are yellow in color
Recommended? Yes

Comments: CUSTOMER SERVICE IS 2nd TO NONE!!! Call or pm them and they will answer ANY questions and set you up with what you need. I went with the rubber mounts cause this is my daily driver and didnt want any vibes. I put these on at the same time as a 1.25" bodylift and didnt have to mess with raising the fan shroud or the transfer case linkage.

DO NOT overtighten the thru bolts or you will get some vibes. I put new grade 8 thru bolts with lok-nuts AND used locktite and have had no problems with ANYTHING.

The instructions that come with the MM's are great Just follow them to the letter and you will be good to go.

They also came with 2 stickers....

sburton1
sburton1's Reviews

09-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Price: $99.00
Pros: great customer service fast shipping, great R&D
Cons: none at all
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased a set a few months ago to go with my body lift. All I can say is with out a doubt the best customer service and product advice ive ever had. I got the poly mounts and the vibs are very very very minimal just as described by brown dog. These mounts are so solid I think the frame would break before the mounts would.

Fox01V
Fox01V's Reviews
08-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Price: $330.00
Pros: -Awesome mounts that won't ever break
Cons: -none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the Brown Dog SU2572-1, Super Kit, 1" Engine Lift, Ultra Flex Rubber. Before I got these I had to replace the bolts for my drivers side mounts twice so I got there mounts with the brackets that bolt in with 7 bolts on the divers side and 4 on the passengers side and now the jeep has a noticeable difference in how it drives.

sburton1
sburton1's Reviews

05-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Price: $93.00
Pros: Great product, best customer service on the planet, solid and rareley seen in todays industrys an over built product
Cons: none at all
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ok let me first start off saying Brown dog mounts are outstanding. I ordered the standard polly mount and a week later relaized I was retarted and needed the 1 inch mml lift. Brown dog sent me a new 1 inch lift set for the difference and a pre payed shipping box to return the standard size mount. The customer service is top notch and he his very keen of the fine points of motor mounts. The poly mounts have little to no extra vibration when used with my daystar poly tranny mount. If your looking for a new set of mounts get these and you wont be dissapointed.

RockMonster
RockMonster's Reviews

04-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Price: $95.00
Pros: does what its supposed to
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: have had thease installed since 2008 and have never been a problem and they show no sign of wear. supprised how much it helped with drive line angle.

theducksguts

theducksguts's Reviews
04-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Price: $98.00
Pros: Made in USA, great customer service, fast shipping, Price point is great!
Cons: Transmits vibrations on the 2.5L I got the rubber mounts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent product. Great Customer service. The 2.5L engine transmits more vibes than the 4.0L and it is noticeable. It calms down once the mounts settle a little bit.

Took me about 4 hours to do the job by myself.

SoonerE39

SoonerE39's Reviews
03-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Pros: Can't remember specific price now - but like the appearance and they unbreakable.
Cons: I have the urethane mounts which are cheaper but transmit just a little more engine vibes. The rubber ones are more expensive but isolate more vibration
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased directly from Brown Dog. At time of install I realized a problem with the motor mount brackets so I replaced the brackets with the MORE Bombproof Brackets

MaulCrawler

MaulCrawler's Reviews
03-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: very heavy duty
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Lifted the one inch it said it would resulting in a better driveline angle

NOBLACKTOP
NOBLACKTOP's Reviews
01-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Price: $97.00
Pros: Customer service
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installing the driver side was challenging. If you do not have AC it will be much easier.

zanash2
zanash2's Reviews
12-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Price: $109.00
Pros: strong product
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a sturdy mount.

1RuffRider
1RuffRider's Reviews
11-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Great lift, no flex at the mounts, poly bushings don't radiate vibrations. Nice tight feel!
Cons: None!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only $75 shipped for 1" MML's with poly bushings. Great feel not too much vibration and no motor flex... Great product and very well made!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »