Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Motor Mounts > BROWN DOG OFFROAD 1" TJ Motor Mount Lift - C2572-1

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

BROWN DOG OFFROAD 1" TJ Motor Mount Lift - C2572-1 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Motor Mounts Next Product

BROWN DOG OFFROAD 1" TJ Motor Mount Lift - C2572-1

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $114.75
Manufacturer: BROWN DOG OFFROAD
Recommended?
Yes: 59 / No: 5

1" Motor Mount Lifts
Want motor mount lifts (MML) to help compensate for your body lift (BL)? Brown Dog designed these motor mount lifts to reposition your engine one inch higher than stock (at the cooling fan) while providing a serious upgrade from most aftermarket mounts. This pair of motor mount lifts were engineered for extreme strength. And, just to make sure, why we periodically pull one off the shelf and put it through our 20-Ton Press Test. These will be the last set of mounts you'll need. The Brown Dog gives you his promise. Replaceable bushings provide some high-frequency vibration dampening. If the bushings wear out, just replace them. Lift not available individually. Installation Notes: Lifts bolt directly to the pylon or cradle in the identical position of the stock mounts. Engine will be raised 1" at the stock cooling fan.

The Brown Dog Promise.
Brown Dog products are designed for high performance applications and off highway use. No one can predict the forces a vehicle will encounter in extreme conditions that are beyond the vehicle's original design parameters. We feel that our products will continue to perform as designed when other products would break. We will replace any product that fails due to a defect in assembly (broken weld). We cannot be responsible for forces so extreme that the integrity of plate or tubular steel becomes compromised. But if you manage to do that, we certainly want to see a picture of it.

Hey, we go out and do the same stuff you do, and we try to break it, but we don't hold others responsible for the results of our strange behavior. Have fun, be safe.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

The_Goob

Hell on Wheels
The_Goob's Reviews
07-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: very stout
Cons: a few vibes, nothing bad
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Took a little while to recieve but well worth the coin to correct my driveshaft angle. I had set my pinion angle a hair too low and these put me back in business, did not want to use shims lol

jammie155

jammie155's Reviews
04-09-2014, 10:56 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: came with dpg kit
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: came with my dpg kit, does job, very well built

graham74

graham74's Reviews

04-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Price: $139.00
Pros: None
Cons: See below
Recommended? No

Comments: I'd love to give an actual review of the product but I paid my $130 for emails saying my mounts were shipping in a day....that was three and a half weeks ago. Oh, and after I spoke to a guy there who said he was making them that day. If you want some mounts from them keep an eye on the classifieds. As soon as I get them I'm putting them on there but I'll make sure there are here before I promise them to someone and tell you they're shipping in the next 12 to 24 hours. Load of crap... Might be great mounts as long as you don't need them when they are supposed to be shipped

mudb0x
mudb0x's Reviews
03-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Pros: installed during body lift to avoid additional alterations.
Cons: none that I'm aware of
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to install!

youngjeepr

Web Wheeler
youngjeepr's Reviews

03-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Made in USA
Cons: ..
Recommended? No

Comments: Wow I wish I got the customer service all of you did.. I ordered mine 2/15/14 and they only sent me my order confirmation. So I waited 11 days and called assuming they were busy and forgot to send me shipping information. When I called they said that they were behind schedule but my mounts would ship in 3 days and they were sorry for such the long wait. That was on 2/26/14 today I called them back because I still haven't received shipping information. Again I gave them the benefit of the doubt hoping that they forgot to send me the information. First of all no one answered the phone so I left a message asking for for them to call me back to give me an order status. Within 5 min of Hanging up I get an email from them saying that my mounts will ship tomorrow with standard shipping. I can't believe it has taken them a month to make/ship a set of mounts it is unacceptable especially for $350 mounts. I will never do business with brown dog again wether they are quality parts or not.

strego
strego's Reviews

03-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Price: $95.00
Pros: Made In USA!!! Nice fit, fairly easy install, love the yellow and the American Flag!
Cons: Instructions confused me a little.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love these mounts. Slight vibration with the poly mounts but its a Jeep not a damn Cadillac so who cares! Follow the instructions to remove the engine plate with the mount on the D/S, it made it much easier. There were a few parts in the instructions after that which confused me so I just tossed them and everything worked great! I used these to compensate for the 1" BL and as prep for the TT that will be coming shortly. Best is these mounts are Made In USA and they show it!

DoughBro

Tonka Tuff
DoughBro's Reviews
03-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: inexpensive very strong
Recommended? Yes

Comments: huge improvement over my stock warn out mounts. Drastic improvement in feel. Engine feels more responsive now. crucial for tummy tuck.

postal719
postal719's Reviews

02-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Pros: Great looking part. Made in USA. Perfect fit. Fantastic customer service.
Cons: No way!
Recommended? No

Comments: I ordered these for my Dad and me to install on our jeeps. I procrastinated, per usual, and needed to get the mounts asap since my Dad's was a bday gift. I ordered and followed up with a call. I explained my problem to the gentleman who answered the phone. He said that they were a few days out from shipping, but "since I own the joint"......" and I like you, I'll make it happen."

The parts showed up early and the installation went perfect. No vibes. No problem!

KickStand97

KickStand97's Reviews
12-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Pros: GREAT mounts
Cons: My black lab is jelouse
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great mounts, couldn't have asked for better customer service

elite56
elite56's Reviews
11-15-2013, 01:48 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: High quality
Cons: Tight fit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great customer service

elite56
elite56's Reviews
11-15-2013, 01:48 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: High quality
Cons: Tight fit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great customer service

BadJohnny
BadJohnny's Reviews
09-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Price: $89.00
Pros: Strong design with excellent welds
Recommended? Yes

Comments: with the poly mounts tighten through-bolts snug (just to the point where the washer will not rotate by hand behind the nut). Do NOT over-tighten locknuts on through-bolts or you will get vibes.
even with the poly mounts I have no noticeable vibe (feels same as stock to me)

StanF
StanF's Reviews
05-13-2013, 04:46 PM
Price: $115.00
Pros: Solid, strong, excellent support
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a review for the 1" Lift YJ Mounts.

Go for the softer rubber bushings. The poly bushings are pretty harsh and increase vibes - especially with the 4cyl 2.5L engine.

Install is difficult - Drivers side is easy. Passenger side is a big PITA. Not a fault of Brown Dog - just info for potential buyers.

bowtech

bowtech's Reviews
05-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Super strong and lifetime warranty. Superior customer support
Cons: Takes some adjusting after install to eliminate vibration issues.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These mounts are super tuff. I destroyed two OEM mounts and these have shown no signs of wear. You wont find any better customer support than with these folks. They will respond to your questions, day, night, weekend, and on vacation.

Hunter7158

Hunter7158's Reviews
01-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Goes great with the BL, More ground clearance with oil pan.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Brown Dog makes great products and always have Jeep Forum deals. Definitely would recommend if doing the BL-MML combo.

bwpilot20

bwpilot20's Reviews

12-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Price: $301.00
Pros: Extremely High Quality, Everything Lines Up, Great Instructions
Cons: Absolutely None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the Super Bracket Kit with the Ultra-Flex Rubber bushings and mine is the standard (not 1" lift) version. Quality is outstanding all the way down to even the way its packaged for shipment. Took me about 6 hours from start to finish working by myself to install the full bracket kit. And that was mostly due to the OEM Jeep mounts having a stupid lip and forcing me to get really creative with removing the original bolts. Everything lined up perfectly and the kit comes with totally new high quality hardware. In fact, the Brown Dog mounts/brackets would be much easier to remove and install than OEM brackets if the need should ever arise. Also, anyone with a 2000 up TJ that has ever had to remove their intake/exhaust manifold will appreciate getting rid of that stupid heat shield that is riveted to the OEM driver side mount. This kit solved several problems I was having with drive-ability (jerky clutch) as well as decreased the rattle I get on takeoff quite a bit. The ultra-flex rubber DOES NOT cause any more vibration than the stock mounts and in fact has ELIMINATED the vibes I had at idle. I was careful to heed the instructions to only tighten the through-bolts enough to keep the washers still and I think that's where most people go wrong and have more vibes. My jeep is much smoother and easier to drive now that my driveline stays still, plus I get the piece of mind of having more than 3 bolts holding my engine to the frame.

dezertdirt

dezertdirt's Reviews
04-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Pros: Well made. Installs as directions state. 24-7 Phone tech support is very helpful.
Cons: The direction don't indicate that changing MM are a pain in the butt.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These are well made and fit nicely. This product is much more solid than the factory mounts They will raise your engine just enough to compensate for a 1.25" JKS body lift. Installed, the motor is perfectly steady. My 7 year old factory mounts did transmit some vibs that I thought was just part of wrangler ownership. These mounts solved that issue.

ColdWeatherTJ
ColdWeatherTJ's Reviews
04-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: very heavy duty
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Super heavy duty parts. Good quality

Nashirak

Nashirak's Reviews
03-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Pros: Solid construction, thorough instructions, easy install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to order, JF discount. These looked very solidly built, they arrived very well packaged with details to watch for in installation. Easy communication with the vendor.

Sundowner

Part-Time Swami
Sundowner's Reviews
03-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Price: $85.00
Pros: Absolutely flawless installation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I can't speak highly enough of these mounts. They're built to nuke-proof levels of construction, the fit and finish are excellent, and they literally bolt right in with no difficulty whatsoever. Following the directions allowed the 1" lifted mounts to be installed in about two hours, and that was at a slow pace. I have no information on performance as of yet, but due to the tighter tolerances I expect more engine vibration from the poly bushings. These worked perfectly with a Daystar 1" poly body lift...no modifications to the fan shroud were necessary.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »