Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Carburetors > Weber 34/34 DGEV

ECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Weber 34/34 DGEV Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Carburetors Next Product

Weber 34/34 DGEV

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $200.00
Average Price: $256.43
Manufacturer: Weber
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 3

weber carburetor conversion kit for 258ci I6

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

SGYJ
SGYJ's Reviews
01-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: runs great
Cons: first carb i received leaked
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good carb

CarolinaAndy

CarolinaAndy's Reviews
08-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: What came on the Jeep
Cons: if it's not jetted out correctly it runs RICH, but much better than the stock Carter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I havn't really figured this Carb out yet. I'm currently reading up on how to properly jet it out and tune it. It's always a mystery what the Previous Owner has and has not done. So far it takes off well but runs rich. I'll keep this updated as progress is made. 8-20-2010

johnson30
johnson30's Reviews
03-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Pros: Easy to tune.
Cons: Requires a fuel pressure regulator (or electric fuel pump), which was troublesome at first. Results in fuel line going everywhere under the hood, instead of a straight run from filter to carb. I would get the electric fuel pump up front with this install, not the regulator.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've been really happy with the way this carb preformed. I like the electric choke, I like the ability to easily adjust everything, and the installation was easy. The progressive ports was a selling point for me: one barrel if you are driving easy- two for when you really want to open it up.

uptillnow

uptillnow's Reviews

09-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Price: $245.00
Pros: The 34-DGEC from the distributer, "Weber Direct" can be made to work if you ask them for proper jets. These jets are Solex jets and make the carburetor work average on a Jeep. The actual Weber 38-DGES is what REDLINE used in the first place when they created this conversion, then the industry clamoured for the 32/36 DGEV which also works but not like the Weber 38-DGES.
Cons: The 34-DGEC is a Solex carburetor with a Weber sticker on it in a Weber box. The logo, "W"eber is not cast anywhere in the housing. This carburetor is being sold as a Weber and is actually a reboxed Solex. I don't like the bait and switch that this is... Check this web site: http://genuineweber.blogspot.com/2008/11/will-real-genuine-weber-please-stand-up.html
Recommended? No

Comments: I don't recommend the Solex 34-DGEC, due to the effort it takes to get it to perform average.
The 34-DGEC is a Solex carburetor with a Weber sticker on it, in a Weber box. The logo, "W"eber is not cast anywhere into the housing. This carburetor is being sold as a Weber and is actually a reboxed Solex. I don't like the bait and switch that this is...
Check this web site:
Genuine Weber: Will the real genuine Weber please stand up

Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
Fjguercio's Reviews

06-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Pros: works well when jetter properly like all the rest of weber carbs
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is one of the New Weber Carbs 34/34 and works great when jetted properly for the CJ 258 and the Use of Holley low pres Fuel Regulator. I have helped a few dozen or so get this working much better and all webers work the same. It is not uncommon for a carb that fits Jeeps, Suziki's, and other vehicles to need proper jets. I have been working with the factory and they are starting to ship smaller jets like what I have suggested in my Weber Tune Link/Thread. It takes ten minutes to change all four jets and they cost $5-6 each. You can order with the correct jets or if you ask nicely Weber N. America might send you the smaller jets no charge. They have done this for many JeepForum members I have helped.

I have already done the searches, work, and play time. If you follow the suggestions in this link the Weber 34/34 or the 32/36 will run great. If you research other carbs they are recommending the same size jets I am, funny how that works out. 46-47-48mm jets seem to be the norm for 258.

Here is the Weber Tune Thread I wrote:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631105

Just like any larger carb your ignition and overall health of engine needs to be good if you want the performance improvements.

As for this not a Weber Carb.. Come on think about this. It has Weber on the box and is shipped from one of several importers of Weber. It it was not a weber product there would be quite the lawsuite for using their name, the weber name. It is made by Solex under contract for Weber and is made in France. All multinationals use subcontractors and Weber and Solex are used on audi, porsh, BMW and many world famous cars as OEM and aftermarket. They work.

Order with or install the proper jets and you will be a happy camper. I replaced single barrel carb and intake/exhaust with a two barrel intake/borla header/Weber 34/34. Runs like new and the video is at the end of the Tune Thread for the proof.

Regards,
Fred

mcmud
Web Wheeler
mcmud's Reviews

06-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Recommended? No

Comments: Please do not confuse this as being a DGEV Series Weber it is NOT. Weber did allow a very poor design to be manufactured and then passed it of to some distributors. That carb is the 34/34 DGEC.

Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
Fjguercio's Reviews

02-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Weber 34/34 DGEV
Pros: Full kit easy to install
Cons: Needs smaller jets for the 258/4.2 (for now)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I agree this is a nice upgrade for 1 or 2 barrel 4.2 liter jeep. Works realy well with correct jets, more power, response, and 24 mpg. Webers like a better ignition so do the TeamRush, aux grounds, and CDI if you can. Here is a link I put together for a good jet change and tune information. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631105

arcticj7
arcticj7's Reviews

12-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Weber 34/34 DGEV
Recommended? No

Comments: i am sorry, but I was very unhappy with this carb.

Douglas S.

Douglas S.'s Reviews

09-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Weber 34/34 DGEV
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I believe this to be a very good upgrade for anybody with a 4.2 i their CJ or YJ. Once set up correctly it adds greatly to the power and throttle response. However, if your engine is totally stock, you may have trouble getting the mixture set up lean enough to idle properly. This problem is easily remedied by a quick change of the jets.