Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Carburetors > MotorCraft MC2100

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

MotorCraft MC2100 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Carburetors Next Product

MotorCraft MC2100

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $275.00
Average Price: $203.84
Manufacturer: MotorCraft
Recommended?
Yes: 37 / No: 2

Great carb...fixed the idling problems as soon as I got it tuned. Bit tricky install, but I'm no mechanic, and the instructions left some to be desired.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

thehalligantool
thehalligantool's Reviews
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: -not the carter -good @ low rpm -good at WOT -easy install
Cons: -wasn't there to begin with!!!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The MC2100, is a far cry from the Carter BBD, I've only had it on for a week, but my stuttering, stalling, hard starting and high idle are all gone... Best thing I've done to this jeep to date! I bought mine fully rebuilt off Ebay and it was a straightforward and easy install, took me an evening and cleared a ton of clutter from under the hood!

pkearney06
pkearney06's Reviews
03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Universal parts (with some jerry-rigging), simple to work on.
Cons: Hard to find exact matching parts.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good carb. From what I've been reading it's pretty common in jeeps. Easy to work on (for what little I know about the mechanics of it). Finding parts that belong to a motorcraft is a pain, but fortunately Carter and some Holley parts fit like a dream.

Grumpy_chef
Grumpy_chef's Reviews
03-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Price: $270.00
Pros: Bought as a kit, so no searching for parts. Fresh rebuild. Moderately easy to install. Noticeable power gains.
Cons: No real difference in gas mileage.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a kit from this guy on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MotorCraft-2100-JEEP-Carb-Upgrade-258-4-2-Non-Smog-1-08_W0QQitemZ320498063439QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9f2c584f

Install was easy and it really cleaned up the engine bay. Power and throttle response are better and engine runs much. I also did the Nutter bypass and Team Rush mod at same time.

danieljeep88
danieljeep88's Reviews
03-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: All
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you can afford a truck avenger much better hahaha

mitch_brown
mitch_brown's Reviews
02-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Improvement in every category.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The installation is quick and easy with a $12 adapter from Summit. Improved reliability, performance, angles, gas mileage, etc. The perfect fit for a AMC4.2.

beachedjeepyj

beachedjeepyj's Reviews
02-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Idles smoother and runs 100000000X better than the carter. Easy to install.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Really easy to install and tune with minor carb knowledge and experience, im only 17 btw, just make sure to do some research before you do it. Got a used carb locally and saved over 200$ on that ebay kit, all the information is online anyway i even wrote an install http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...b-swap-961766/. I highly recommend this swap it feels like a whole new beast.

fireshadow

fireshadow's Reviews
01-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Easy set up, great performance
Cons: Off a Mustang so auto choke was factory set, have to drill rivets and place bolts to make adjustable.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. Bought off the ebay guy. Instructions were a little hard to decipher, all most to much information. Runs great, and easy to set.

rbaya
rbaya's Reviews

01-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Price: $297.00
Pros: Bolts right on -- relatively easy to install (I'm no mechanic), gets rid of mess of vacuum hoses under the hood; 87 YJ now purrs like a kitten
Cons: Doesn't jump out of the box, unlatch the hood, and install itself while I drink beer and watch
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Battled for years with stock Carter BBD carb -- made me not trust my Jeep, which meant I didn't use it as much I wanted. Bought the MC 2100 (and new air cleaner) from ebay guy and now my Jeep runs like new. It really is like driving a whole different vehicle. I'm no mechanic, but me and a buddy installed this carb with no problem with the directions supplied by ebay guy - they're very good and he makes himself available for trouble-shooting. MC 2100 fixed my idling problems that I battled for years. Never dies at stop light/signs anymore. No more sputtering when you hit the gas. More power. Haven't check the mpg yet, but has to be better. Best of all, trust the Jeep now so I use it more. Would highly, highly recommend this carb.

ricewt

ricewt's Reviews
12-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: More horsepower, better throttle response
Cons: Just have to figure out the throttle cable, no biggie
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought the carb at a pull a parts for $20, thge rebuild kit for $20, and the adapter plate for around $11, 11 inch air cleaner kit $15. Total money: $66, time spent total: 1-2 hours, value: priceless!

Rebuild is extremely easy, with the adapter plate it bolted right up and fired right up with no issues other than re-adjusting the float level.

mikezjeep
mikezjeep's Reviews
11-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Price: $315.00
Pros: has detailed installation instructions and images. Inceased gas mileage
Cons: took awhile to install since I had a little trouble along the process
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Payed $315 for the complete rebuilt and modified MC2100 with an electric choke off of ebay. Bought from a guy who does nothing except rebuild them. He sends out very detailed instructions and images for the installation. You do have to buy small parts here and there but it is totally worth it. You can buy the carb to fit the stock air cleaner system or to an upgraded one. Carb increases gas mileage, and the guy can jet it to pass very strict emission tests.

mikezjeep
mikezjeep's Reviews
11-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Price: $315.00
Pros: A LOT BETTER than stock carb. Better throttle response and increase of gas mileage.
Cons: Took awhile to get completely installed
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought my carb as a rebuilt and modified carb off of ebay from a guy who sells them like crazy. It comes with detailed information about all the installation. You do have to buy some little parts here and there but it is really worth it. The guy can jet them to pass very strict emissions.

lancer27
lancer27's Reviews
11-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Pros: easy install looks super clean and runs great
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: worth every penny, no problems runs like a champ

CJsCJ
CJsCJ's Reviews
10-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Pros: Eliminates almost ALL vacuum lines! No idle issues. Manual choke
Cons: Non so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a wonder carb upgrade. If you are still running the carter 2bb its time to switch. The MC2100 is easy to install, usually will come with spacing adapter plate depending on who you purchase from. This product eliminates almost all of the vacuum hoses that the carter needs needs to function properly. It really cleans up the engine compartment! Also, if you get the manual choke option you can basically eliminate the computer from your jeep wiring system. My CJ has no computer and she runs like a pro!

chuck01

Divorced and Broke
chuck01's Reviews

02-13-2009, 12:35 PM
MotorCraft MC2100
Price: $275.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Finally got rid of the Carter and completed the Motorcraft 2100 swap. My only regret is why I fooled with the Carter as long as I did. I am pleased with the results.

Calebster
Calebster's Reviews

02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
MotorCraft MC2100
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best mod ever for $100. Took 6 hrs to do rite, including rebuild. Engineering brackets for throttle took longest.

brunolinski
brunolinski's Reviews

01-21-2009, 02:48 PM
MotorCraft MC2100
Price: $120.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: best upgrade I have done. Purchased on Ebay from vendor with history of rebuilding these for Jeep YJ.

DanAepel
DanAepel's Reviews

01-18-2009, 06:58 PM
MotorCraft MC2100
Price: $235.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best modification I have made to date. EZ install, too. Sure beats the typical Carter problems. I did the electric choke and works great.

BigDeaner
BigDeaner's Reviews

12-19-2008, 02:20 PM
MotorCraft MC2100
Price: $165.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .................................................. .................................................. ....

ScottsYJ

ScottsYJ's Reviews

12-12-2008, 10:19 PM
MotorCraft MC2100
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great replacment carb for the Carter BBD. Easy to adjusts and works well with the inline six found in the YJ's.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.