Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Carburetors > MotorCraft MC2100

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

MotorCraft MC2100 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Carburetors Next Product

MotorCraft MC2100

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $275.00
Average Price: $203.84
Manufacturer: MotorCraft
Recommended?
Yes: 37 / No: 2

Great carb...fixed the idling problems as soon as I got it tuned. Bit tricky install, but I'm no mechanic, and the instructions left some to be desired.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Steam4
Steam4's Reviews
06-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Smooth operation at speed,
Cons: having some trouble getting idle dialed in
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Smoothed out the driving and got rid of the sputtering of the carter. Has better power but not a huge difference. Deffinitly trust its reliability a lot more.

atopi3

atopi3's Reviews
11-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Price: $285.00
Pros: great carb
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great carb very happy

CJ7KAHUNA

CJ7KAHUNA's Reviews
10-29-2013, 01:27 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: CJ runs smoother and with better throttle response - improved MPG
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got the MC2100 kit from the guy on eBay. I ordered the kit with the electric choke already installed. Install was very easy and straight forward. My jeep runs better with this carb and I am getting 16-18 MPG running 4.56 gears and 35's. Great upgrade for me so far.

Paulis2764
Paulis2764's Reviews

09-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Price: $295.00
Pros: Carb. would be an excellent if mine actually worked. Very simple design and easy to work on.
Cons: The carb. I received is defective.
Recommended? No

Comments: I had an old MC2100 on my Jeep when I bought it. It needed a rebuild but there were pieces I thought were just worn out. So I opted for a new carb. Bought my kit from ehrmannmp on eBay. I have read the reviews here on the Forum and I don't disagree with the positive comments made about this carb. No doubt their's work, mine doesn't. I've tried to get help from ehrmannmp but he either doesn't contact me back or his only attempt at help was him saying it sounds like a vacuum leak. I did everything I new to do, then took it to my mechanic who i've been dealing with for 15 years and he couldn't figure it out either. This has been going on since March. I was at my wit's end. desperation took over and decided to rebuild my old tired MC2100 from the "80's. I got a kit, rebuilt it, and installed it and my Jeep runs like a champ. So the brand new carb. is defective. My point is if you choose to buy this kit assume you will receive no help from ehrmannmp, and that even the replacement warranty is bogus, because that still hasn't happened. I have been respectful in my dealing with this man and paid immediately. I now have, after 7 months, a $295 paper weight. Buyer beware and hope your not one of the few with a bad carb.

surfnut
surfnut's Reviews
03-31-2013, 09:11 AM
Price: $99.00
Pros: -
Cons: stalls when gas is hit too fast
Recommended? No

Comments: had the original carb rebuilt and runs good needs slight adjustment gets too much gas too fast at first

Bottle_Diver
Bottle_Diver's Reviews
03-15-2013, 03:03 AM
Pros: This thing purrs
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This carb is great. I can put it in 2H first gear and let my foot off the gas and the thing will crawl, only minor jumping when rpm's get very low. Very smooth

OldTexas

OldTexas's Reviews

12-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Price: $229.00
Pros: When bought in EBay kit an easy conversion. Stable, smooth running, simple.
Cons: Had a little trouble setting up choke
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The best mod I have made to my Jeep by far. I ordered the kit from the fellow in E-Bay and it included everything I needed. If you are still trying to put up with a Carter BBD do yourself a favor and get a Motorcraft 2100 from that guy. The difference is unreal.

89yjsahara258
89yjsahara258's Reviews
05-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Pros: Just plain runs no matter what
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installs easy and cures the problems cause by the carter. Coupled with any ignition upgrade will cause significant horsepower gains.

Sarge18
Sarge18's Reviews
04-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Price: $30.00
Pros: Better idle, ease of rebuild
Cons: PITA to install, takes time and effort to play with it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'd do this in a heart beat. This is a great way to get rid of the crappy carb that comes with the vehicle.

kheihn
kheihn's Reviews
02-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Price: $25.00
Pros: Ease of installation and rebuilding
Cons: need of adapter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually have a MC2150 and love it! I haven't been able to tune it 100% yet but already it runs better then the Weber 32/36 I had on it.

Thumper01

Thumper01's Reviews
10-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Pros: easy to tune, works on steep inclines
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The carb works great no issues with tuning it or keeping it tuned. cleaned up the vacuum lines too.

mtbdude
mtbdude's Reviews

10-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Pros: Absolutely transforms your Jeep. A MUST for anyone still running a Carter or struggling with a Weber.
Cons: Doesn't come with a six pack of beer.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought the kit from "the guy on Ebay", his user name is ehrmannmp.

This will end your carb problems. Get the kit, follow instructions closely, and you will not be disappointed. If you live anywhere near Colorado Springs then he'll even install it!

My 1990 YJ purrs thanks to "the guy on Ebay" who installed the kit for me. I added the cool chrome air cleaner and electric choke kit which really completes the package. I'm going to do the nutter bypass myself which is also recommended. I think there was a mile of vacuum hose that is now gone too! Super clean!

Worth every penny.

MaddBones702
MaddBones702's Reviews
09-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Runs better than the stock Carter or the weber I used
Cons: Need to patience to dial in
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like it so far

gwjeeps
gwjeeps's Reviews
08-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Pros: Got this carb from the guy on Ebay, took it out of the box and have had no problem with it
Cons: no cons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have 10k miles on it and it works great no problems, what so ever, much improved over the stock elec garbage.

WhyJayPA
WhyJayPA's Reviews
02-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Awesome kit, easy to install
Cons: price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought my kit from ehrmannmp on eBay. He was very helpful and provided all the information I needed to install the kit.

4LarXedo4

4LarXedo4's Reviews
12-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Better then the Carter in every way.
Cons: No issues as of yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed the MC2100 a year ago. Fairly easy to adapt with the right stuff. Jeep runs so much better and i was able to get rid of 85% of the wiring and vacuum hoses under the hood.

LostBoys1NY
LostBoys1NY's Reviews
11-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Cheap!
Cons: Floods once in a while on steep hill climbs.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A friend recommended the MC2100 to me and it has worked really well. The MC2100 was easy to install with a simple adapter and gasket kit. Most of the trails I run are pretty mild and the MC2100 rarely gives me reason to complain. I have noticed that if I am on a really steep incline or side hill it begins to flood a bit. This issue might be cured when I get the carb. professionally rebuilt. I would recommend the MC2100 as an inexpensive and simple improvement to your 258.

cprettydiddy
cprettydiddy's Reviews
11-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Runs high
Cons: Runs high
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Took a while to convert the Mc2100 on the 258. The Mc2100 is meant for V8s, and the 258 is a 6 cylinder 2bbl. So does take some modifying

exige05
exige05's Reviews
09-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: replaced my carter that would stall coming to a stop
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought off ebay guy. great detailed instructions

tomas789
tomas789's Reviews
07-11-2010, 05:58 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Idles much smoother, easy to tweak.
Cons: might take some fine tuning to get it to run properly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This upgrade is far better than the carter carb that came stock on the early YJ's. Do the nutter bypass at the same time for best results.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.