15K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  turbonusse2 
#1 ·
Product Information
Price $400
Rating 3
Average Price $246.81
Manufacturer Edelbrock
Recommended Yes: 22 / No: 2

Edelbrock's Performer carburetors feature two-piece, all-aluminum construction for cooler operating temperatures and less warping. There are no gaskets below the fuel bowl level for fewer leaks, and no plastic parts or power valves to blow out. The carbs use easily changed metering rods for precise tuning, and the primary venturi booster is a bottom-feed design for smoother acceleration and better drivability. Also included with every Edelbrock carburetor you will receive a owner's manual. These manuals consist of two sections; Section 1, Theory of Operation and tuning procedures which will help you be prepared to develop your own individualized calibration. Section 2, Tuning procedures will take you through a step-by-step procedure that will enable you to achieve a desirable calibration. For added ease of tuning, a Calibration reference chart for your model of carburetor will be included.

See less See more
#6 ·
Rating 2
Pros easy to work on and understand, drives great
Cons terrible off road, will load up on incline/declines
Recommended no

Comments: Its a great carburator for on road use, although its not great for mileage. Easy to work on but sucks for off road use.

#8 ·
Rating 4
Pros Easy to work on
Cons minimal adjustments without tearing it apart and replacing parts
Recommended yes

Comments: I dropped a ATK 304 rebuilt long block in the Jeep, did a rebuild on the carb (came with the Jeep), added a electric choke. Filled the float bowls, and she started right up. I was only 2 degrees ATDC on the timing when I re-installed the distributor. Not bad for a first timer, although my dad is a retired mechanic and he's been working with me on the Jeep.

#9 ·
Price $350
Pros Great horse-power
Cons Loves gasoline
Recommended yes

Comments: I installed the Edelbrock performer on my 1975 CJ5 7-years ago and have not had any problems with the performance. This carburetor pack alot of power. I installed a 2" throttle body last year which seems to work well with the system.

#10 ·
Price $125
Pros Easy Tuning - Reliable
Cons Off-road Sputter, Just time to fix this problem...
Recommended yes

Comments: Purchased the unit used with the Manifold. It worked flawlessly. PO installed spring-loaded needles which work very well. Tuning was only a little tedious but overall the product has been rock-solid, even though it was used.

#11 ·
Price $250
Pros Factory tune started right up, easy tunning, Leaves room to upgrade a stock 304.
Cons Stalls out on Steep inclines, Needs edelbrocks off road needle seat.
Recommended yes

Comments: Through it on and it started right up. Tune the air/fuel and little to get better vacuum and that was it. It really opened up my 304. Add the edelbrock intake and some headers and its a pretty good package. I have really bad gas mileage though. Still trying to figure that out. But that was a problem before the new carb.

#13 ·
Price $275
Pros Easy to adjust, and works out of the box
Cons It sucks on the trail, any incline and it cuts out.
Recommended no

Comments: This carb is great for street, I would not recommend it for a trail rig. On inclines it cuts out and it seem to get shaken up easy.

#25 ·
Price $500
Pros endura shine and runs well
Cons endura shine wears off
Recommended yes

Comments: decent carb but i wouldnt buy the endura shine since there is no need for it and think that for a off road use it would be better to get a different carb that works better on inclines and slopes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.