Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Carburetors > Carter - Guaranteed Carburetors carter BBD lifetime warranty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Carter - Guaranteed Carburetors carter BBD lifetime warranty Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Carburetors Next Product

Carter - Guaranteed Carburetors carter BBD lifetime warranty

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $178.00
Average Price: $18.00
Manufacturer: Carter
Recommended?
Yes: 1 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.guaranteedcarburetors.com

I have heard the carter comments for years, but my 81 has had the same one in it because of emissions regulations. The carb was needing another rebuild due to gaskets were getting too old and brittle (vacuum leaks). I found this site offering lifetime warranties on carburetors and decided to get one and rebuild the old one to keep as a spare.
it came nestled in loads of bubble wrap, ripped old faithful off (that was for you anti carter guys), new on. Came with choke pull off and electric choke. Had to take bracket with Dash pot and solvac off of old carb ( i know what funtion of solvac is and it works properly, but not sure why dash pot was needed on this year).
Went over whole vacuum system while there. Installed a clear inline fuel filter before the fuel pump and new replacement filter.
Runs great without any adjusments other than solvac and dashpot (not sure required, but because those were dismounted, I felt a need to check) takes a great while for 258 to warm up when cold out, but that is normal.
Intent is to do long term of this carb. Website claims carb will last an extremely long time due to all surfaces being hardened aluminum oxide ( which means anodized to me).
I will update from time.
Greg

* have had in a year and a couple of months with no issues.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

mark8christie
mark8christie's Reviews
07-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Price: $35.00
Pros: easy directions to follow
Cons: no cons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i read in multiple reviews the NAPA premium carb rebuilt kit for carter bbd is as good a quality as the OE mopar kit but for less money.

Fletchlives85CJ
Fletchlives85CJ's Reviews
07-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: This is why I now own this Jeep, previous owner could not get it to run past their driveway
Cons: Now I need to figure this junk out
Recommended? No

Comments: I am working on the Nutter bypass which is supposedly the thing to fix this thing, but I am unsure of the wire color codes at the ECM..still in work...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.