Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Starters > Mean Green Mean Green Performance Starter

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Mean Green Mean Green Performance Starter Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Starters Next Product

Mean Green Mean Green Performance Starter

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $299.00
Average Price: $300.86
Manufacturer: Mean Green
Recommended?
Yes: 5 / No: 2

1972-86 CJ 6 cylinder and 304 V8 engine, 1984-87 XJ Cherokee 4.2L 6 cylinder engine, 1987 YJ Wrangler 6 cylinder engine. For AMC 232 or 258, 6 cylinder and 1972-82 AMC, V8 engines. With a 4.4 to 1 gear reduction, this Starter will provide 100% more torque than your Jeep's original starter. The motor and gear assembly features: 5 sealed bearings that reduce wear and improve reliability; heat resistant, integrated solenoid that continues to operate at extreme temperatures; better oil pan and exhaust clearance because the starter is 1/3 smaller than stock. Also features a unique mounting system that allows for rotation in 20 degree increments for improved header clearance. Mean Green provides a 2 year, unconditional guarantee. Assembled in the USA.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

brips69
brips69's Reviews
08-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Fully Adjustable, high torque
Cons: none as of yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Amazing Product, perfect for custom applications. Clock it into any position needed. High torque for high compression motors.

tricktj
tricktj's Reviews

02-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Strong, great torque
Cons: Not water resistant. Solonoid failed Crappy customer service
Recommended? No

Comments: Went through some deep water in Attica. Starter failed and was rusted out. There are essentially no seals or gaskets or o-rings to seal out water, except a poor attempt at a seal at the back of the solenoid housing. Tried to get through to CS leaving phone messages and emails. Almost two weeks before I got a return call. Ordered parts and rebuilt. Starter worked for another two years and solenoid failed. Took it apart and found everything looked good. All components moved freely, gears were greased and good. Checked coil continuity and it appeared ok. Even internal coil resistance was normal, but the starter will only engage the flywheel about every other time. When it doesn't engage properly, it just grinds against the flywheel. No damage yet to the flywheel or the starter gear, but not going to wait till that happens. Now going through the same BS with no ability to contact MG Industries. Same message from the only contact number 'All CS agents are busy...leave a message' Unfortunately no return calls again. Frustrating, going to buy a new starter. Are Powermaster products any good? Water resistant? Not a mudder, just occasional water on the trails. Thanks

danthaman
danthaman's Reviews

04-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Price: $299.99
Pros: - Made in the USA! - Lightweight - Very strong
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As I pointed out, I still think the starter is excellent... I just got a defective one... stuff happens. My apologies to Quadratec... I misunderstood their return policy. Spoke with customer service this morning and a new starter is on its way! No hassles at all.
--------------------- previous comment ---------------------
Funny that I can't recommend the product yet I think it is excellent!

My beef isn't with the starter... I just got one that isn't good. The problem is with the return policy... from Quadratec, it cost $44 to ship it. It will cost $44 to return it and $44 to get a new one shipped. I'm just getting my money back, call the first $44 a lesson learned and then buy a stock starter.

Still plan to purchase a Mean Green alternator when that day comes!

TOW_HOOK
TOW_HOOK's Reviews

01-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: it starts in 1/2 the time it usta
Cons: none yet
Recommended? No

Comments: bought back in 99" no problems yet, it cranks over my 11 to 1 4.0 + i'd buy it again

bc40ton
bc40ton's Reviews

10-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Price: $289.00
Pros: Ease of install, lightweight, much smaller than stock.
Cons: A little pricey but hey my stealership wanted $320 for an OEM starter.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Picked it up on the web for $289 shipped. Bolted right in, was easy to work with cause of its light weight and smaller size. Quiet smooth starts with it so far.

dadroofs
dadroofs's Reviews
11-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Price: $369.00
Pros: made in AMERICA
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Made in AMERICA!!!

Crazy_Jeeper_7
Crazy_Jeeper_7's Reviews

05-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Mean Green Mean Green Performance Starter
Price: $299.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What a difference in my Jeep's starting! 100% more torque than the OEM starter.