Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Engine > Internal Parts > Performance Distributors Firepower Ignition Kit

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Performance Distributors Firepower Ignition Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Internal Parts Next Product

Performance Distributors Firepower Ignition Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $250.00
Average Price: $248.33
Manufacturer: Performance Distributors
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 1

Experience faster acceleration and increased power with a Fire Power Ignition. These Kits for '93-'98 4.0L engines include a set of Live Wire Plug Wires, a Screamin' Demon Ignition Coil and a Firepower Cap and Rotor. The Screamin' Demon Coil allows you to run an astounding .065" spark plug gap to deliver a much more powerful fuel mixture detonation. Kits are available with Blue, Black or Red Plug Wires & Caps. '98-'99 requires Adapter Harnes

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Pillswoj
Pillswoj's Reviews

08-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Looks Cool
Cons: Does not last Hard to route the wires
Recommended? No

Comments: Had the complete kit (Cap, rotor, wires and coil), after 2 years the wires were shot, crossfiring on humid days, almost undriveable when raining. The Cap showed and rotor were also done looking worse then the originals had after 8 years.

For the money this cost I expected much longer life.

Everything was replaced with Quality "non performance" parts at about 1/3 the cost and the Jeep better then ever.

Any performance gains I or others saw were strictly due to there old parts needing replacement. I do not believe the firepower kit gave any increase over what stock new components would.

smoke52458
smoke52458's Reviews
05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Great response time
Cons: Difficult to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the MSDS system in my 1975 CJ5, the off-road unit works well and has great response control, spark, and torque. The only problem I had was that I had to purchase the high performance distributor to get the system to function correctly on my jeep. The system did not want to fire with the stock distributor

crankyhobo

crankyhobo's Reviews

03-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No Surprises with the Install, for me the engine runs noticeably more smooth than before the upgrade.

country_boy454
country_boy454's Reviews

03-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Price: $195.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: WOW! Really woke up the old motor. Went from factory stock to this!

mylogylo
mylogylo's Reviews

02-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Price: $170.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Noticed a difference, but not much more than any regular tune up would have provided. The cap cracked in half as soon as I put it on. I do need to replace it now. I bet I'll see more after that.

wojo4780
wojo4780's Reviews

02-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: saves money on gas it was a cheap up grade a do it at home I like it but my plug wire broke and now I use accel for wires no difference

Bruiser1981
Bruiser1981's Reviews

02-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Price: $174.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Screamin' Demon Coil allows the spark plug gap to be opened up to .065". The larger gap exposes more spark in the combustion chamber for a better burn. This will provide better performance and gas mileage. The coil also features a brass terminal which will last longer than the traditional aluminum terminals found on most coils. Since the coil is more powerful, it requires high quality spark plug wires. A set of stock wires will be burned out in a short amount of time. Performance Distributors LiveWires are 10mm spark plug wires with a protective glass sleeve which is able to protect the wires up to 1400 degrees. They are also spiral wound to prevent radio interference. One really nice feature is the wires come precut to size and numbered on each boot. Anyone who has purchased an after market set of plug wire, only to find they need to be cut to size, will appreciate this. The last part of the kit is the cap and rotor. The brass terminals will last longer with the hotter spark produced by the coil. Brass is also more conductive than the aluminum found in many caps and rotors.